support t:v despite its initial problems

Theta said:
A large portion of sales come in the first month of release. If there's only 10 servers to play on for an ONLINE game, it's quite easy say "eff this" and return the game. They went through alot of trouble to make it easier for newbs to get into the game, because first impressions are important. Well, this is a shazbotty first impression.
yeah, and theres nothing we can do about those people. at least the supposed "loyal community" can still support them and that's a reflection on IGA.

so what if the launch has been a little messed, theyve been freaking AWESOME the past year. 1 week is gonna kill that? christ.....

Blotter said:
we just got done playing the game for FREE the past 2 months. lets not forget that either.

Dude, shut the eff up

i shouldn't have to put aside my pissed off attitude just for the 'broader spectrum' of bullshazbot because the company selling the game effed up on a major scale

these dedicated server issues ARE COMPLETELY INEXCUSABLE. and I don't care what impression 234234 threads has on newcomers, because I'm more concerned on the impression it has on the effing developer/publisher who effed this shazbot up.

we played a demo/beta. that isn't a full game. we payed for a full game, i want full game usage.

we shouldn't have to put on a stupid 'nice face' for any jerks not in our community. hello, we got effed for buying tribes 2, and we're getting effed again. I'm sorry but being nice about this ludicrous bullshazbot doesn't fix things.

u'll get the f'n full game in time

in the meantime, support the company that has supported us the past year. its the least we can do.

Not to mention the install issues some users are now having in relation to the SecureRom bullshazbot.... You know what hurs a game worse then low #'s on opening day?

Returns.

4niKtor said:
I think Blotter is trying to get an armour named after himself :cat:
im just honestly shocked at the response of people.

theyve been so cool to us. im FLOORED by this response. $50 aint shazbot. theyve put up with a lot of crap here.

El Mariachi said:
Dude, shut the eff up

i shouldn't have to put aside my pissed off attitude just for the 'broader spectrum' of bullshazbot because the company selling the game effed up on a major scale

these dedicated server issues ARE COMPLETELY INEXCUSABLE. and I don't care what impression 234234 threads has on newcomers, because I'm more concerned on the impression it has on the effing developer/publisher who effed this shazbot up.

we played a demo/beta. that isn't a full game. we payed for a full game, i want full game usage.

we shouldn't have to put on a stupid 'nice face' for any jerks not in our community. hello, we got effed for buying tribes 2, and we're getting effed again. I'm sorry but being nice about this ludicrous bullshazbot doesn't fix things.

I wouldn't think a guy who asks 16 year old girl how she uses her vibrator on a internet radio show would care about our community.

Blotter said:
u'll get the f'n full game in time

in the meantime, support the company that has supported us the past year. its the least we can do.

wait this company supported us?
what

were you fed nothing but bird shazbot when you grew up?

I think you mean 'the company that asked us our opinion on what made tribes fun so they could emulate that to actually sell some effing games'

my 'support' for this or any company starts and stops depending on their support of the game i spent fifty dollars on.

so far they've effed up big time.

Out of curiousity, how has Irrational supported TW any more than TW has supported Irrational prior to release?

Simply put, there was a big screwup and thus the honeymoon is over much like T2 and Dave G. Although not on the scale of Dave G proportions yet, the fact that it doesn't appear they had anyone of note watching the boards for any potential major problems on day 0 is vexing.

Bridude said:
I wouldn't think a guy who asks 16 year old girl how she uses her vibrator on a internet radio show would care about our community.

People buying the game are going to find out this terrible oversight one way or the other, blotter here wants to pretend nothing is wrong with the game.

all i have to say is .. thank god i didnt pre-order it. I can wait until all the bugs are fixed before dumping any more money into tribes. For t2 i payed 60 bucks for the game and 650 to upgrade my computer. This time im effing waiting until its worth the effort.

Blotter promises that the McBirdCrap burger will taste good next week, so we should all show our support by eating it every day. I personally wont... but maybe he likes the taste as it is now.

Listen, I don't have a lot of problems with the multiplayer demo. If it runs much like it does in the full version as in the demo i'll be happy, but don't delude yourselves into thinking the dedicated server problem isn't a colossal effup.

El Mariachi said:
People buying the game are going to find out this terrible oversight one way or the other, blotter here wants to pretend nothing is wrong with the game.
im not pretending shazbot. but buying the game after an open line of communication has been here the past year when they couldve left us out completely is the least i could do.

so many people were all over IGA's c o c k before this because theyve done things no other developer has done before, and all of a sudden everyone does a 180 because a release is TOUGH to do.

ingrates, babies, and f'n aholes.

El Mariachi said:
Listen, I don't have a lot of problems with the multiplayer demo. If it runs much like it does in the full version as in the demo i'll be happy, but don't delude yourselves into thinking the dedicated server problem isn't a colossal effup.
i know it is!!! but it shouldnt stop u from buying the game, im sure they're working there asses off to fix it, and if the realize there are people who bought the game, they want those people to KEEP IT, so they're gonna fix there crap asap.

Back