support t:v despite its initial problems

Phantom88 said:
I am confused... Why did you quote me allthough you just stated a neutral fact?

To make it clear: I am in favor of supporting T:V.

sorry I was agreeing with you and adding to your statement.

EDIT: quotes dont always mean you're getting flammed.

i like McDonalds. but if McDonalds came out with a 'Mcbirdcrap' burger, i wouldnt buy it and eat it every day just to 'support mickey D's!', even if they promised to make it taste better. If and when they do make it taste better, i will buy it and eat it.

fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me. i'll stick with my god-forsaken t2 classic and t:v demo

the tribes series is quickly becoming one of those games that only become popular when it reaches the discount bin, a year after launch

BitRaiser said:
It's important to do 2 things here if you care about the franchise and/or the games industy in general...

Support Irrational.
Burn VUG.

Rahter than rant as to why, I'll just refer you to snoop this thread (if you haven't already).
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330284

Publishers are causing the shazbot all over the place! We need to let them know it's NOT acceptable!

so you are 100% positive they are not going to release a ded server for d/l?

Blotter said:
we just got done playing the game for FREE the past 2 months. lets not forget that either.
^^^

you ungrateful little bitches.

no ones going to buy this game but us, lets be real, and now we're gonna bail because of some issues that'll probably be fixed in less than a MONTH?

i cant believe the balls.

poor numbers on launch day do nothing but hurt the game, whether theres bugs or not.

Bridude said:
sorry I was agreeing with you and adding to your statement.

EDIT: quotes dont always mean you're getting flammed.
Yes, ofcourse. I was just confused because I didn't see a "Yeah, " or "exactly, " etc..

<3 Finally a rational vet^4.

|baby|roach| said:
This is no where near what t2 was. I couldnt even play t2 for a few months since the game was so fuked up.... Also didnt they release like 4 patchs within like 3 days and non of them did anything?
It took me 3 or so hours to install T2 (I had patience for the new Tribes game), let alone apply the horrible patches. Even then I couldn't play for longer than 30 minutes without a crash.

At least T:V works and has a single player component whilist IG/VU gets this dedicated server stuff fixed :shrug:

Last edited:
Blotter said:
^^^

no ones going to buy this game but us, lets be real, and now we're gonna bail because of some issues that'll probably be fixed in less than a MONTH?

poor numbers on launch day do nothing but hurt the game, whether theres bugs or not.

If there's poor numbers on launch day, I fail to see how that is our fault. You have bad logic.

No one's bailing. When it's fixed, they'll get it.

Hey Blotter, you realize this is a business, right? The didn't give us anything for free, they wanted to have us play the game, help them debug it and salivate for the real thing that costs 49.99+. You think they just put out the demo for shazbots and giggles?

It's a business, they screwed up, simple as that.

I don't see what supporting the game when it's broken will do for you.
If the game is a flop, maybe VUG will learn. Maybe developpers will learn to negociate a contract that doesn't put them at risk of having the publisher screw the end users, us, and them at the same time. IG is a smuch to blame as VUG.

If T:V must die for the cause, so be it! You can always play T2.

I'd just like to say that I have my copy, just played about 2-3 hours of the SP campaign, and it is ROCKIN. Holy hell it ranks right up there with the rest of them. It doesn't really have anything too revolutionary but its good ole fashion fun, great graphics, decent enough acting, and a kickbutt story!

Bridude said:
so you are 100% positive they are not going to release a ded server for d/l?

Nope... never said that. In fact, I'd bet you anything the lads are going nuts trying to get it together right now.

Remember that their dev cycle was based on having an extra week to deal with things like dedicated servers. Once again, the finger points back to VUG for pushing the release up instead of letting it ride and making sure everything was in place.

Let's not forget that there are other missing features that were intended for release.

Carving and the in-game Team assosiation thing were both differed to post-release support. I strongly suspect that what happened was Irrational told VUG that they needed a bit more time to finish the features. VUG said "NO, tie it off."

Blotter said:
^^^

A large portion of sales come in the first month of release. If there's only 10 servers to play on for an ONLINE game, it's quite easy say "eff this" and return the game. They went through alot of trouble to make it easier for newbs to get into the game, because first impressions are important. Well, this is a shazbotty first impression.

Blotter said:
don't be a baby. launches are never smooth. these guys have stuck with us for over a year now. we are the dedicated tribers and its freaking SHOCKING to see the crying.

go support T:V and Irrational and pick up the game if u can.

I would... If I could even effing install the god damned game.

Blotter get your head out of your ass. They released the game as a marketing ploy, not because they like you. The fact that they didnt properly think out their launch, for a game that DEPENDS on the community for its servers, indicates that even with all the help from the community, they still dont GET the community. We (my tribe) bought and paid for, out of our own pockets, a dual xeon box on a 10 megabit line for a dedicated server, for PUBLIC use. I dont remember anyone from IG ever THANKING US for that. It supports their game!
I hope the CD thing was an oversight, because I took it as a slap to the face if they think im buying 2 copies!

Back