support t:v despite its initial problems

Blotter

Contributor
Veteran X
don't be a baby. launches are never smooth. these guys have stuck with us for over a year now. we are the dedicated tribers and its freaking SHOCKING to see the crying.

go support T:V and Irrational and pick up the game if u can.

Blotter said:
don't be a baby. launches are never smooth. these guys have stuck with us for over a year now. we are the dedicated tribers and its freaking SHOCKING to see the crying.

I already DID support VU/IG by buying this game. Unfortunately, they wanted to eff me in the ass afterwards too with the dedicated server requiring a cd shazbot.

This is no where near what t2 was. I couldnt even play t2 for a few months since the game was so fuked up.... Also didnt they release like 4 patchs within like 3 days and non of them did anything?

VirDT said:
Sounds like something said at T2's release.

uh, then you dont remember much about t2 release.

i add my support for t:v. but i also recommend they get that damn server fix in. i know IG can pull through!1one

Gandalf's right. We're supporting VUG and IGA by buying their game, and they're slapping us in the face with this shazbot. Let's be frank about what's wrong.

• No dedicated server of any type at launch.
  • CD check requirement even when dedicated serving.
  • Not having enough servers up at launch to make up for previous two faults.

They knew this was coming. If they didn't, then I give them too much credit.

things will get better, it may take time, but the best thing the LOYAL fan base can do is to support the game. get over yourselves....

who cares what happened at the beginning of t2.

Would be nice if companies wanted to support their consumers, you know, they people they make money off of, rather than the other way around.

I couldnt even installed Tribes 2. I had to use the dam firstAid thing... and then even times that wouldnt work... it would just keep retrying to copy a file

Bridude said:
seeing 10 negative threads on the same page is not a good thing to see for newcommers.
I am confused... Why did you quote me allthough you just stated a neutral fact?

To make it clear: I am in favor of supporting T:V.

crouton said:
Gandalf's right. We're supporting VUG and IGA by buying their game, and they're slapping us in the face with this shazbot. Let's be frank about what's wrong.

• No dedicated server of any type at launch.
  • CD check requirement even when dedicated serving.
  • Not having enough servers up at launch to make up for previous two faults.

They knew this was coming. If they didn't, then I give them too much credit.
no f'n crap. its not perfect, its not like they did it on PURPOSE.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Blotter said:

"Support T2 despite its initial problems"

I don't see the issue here. I'll buy the game for multi. Until I know I can actually play it satisfactorily, why the hell would I bother? If sales numbers are hurt by that, then don't you think they deserve it??

It's not like Irrational never got paid.

Back