Is Irrational Listening to/Implementing *the big gripes*?

I'd consider the "big gripes" to be:

*Jet Movement
*Various Grappler Issues
*Vehicles

I'd say, really, the only problem that's struck me as widespread would be the Crappler.

BitRaiser said:
* Targeting lasers and beacons really gotta go in. These were really FUN aspects of the other games and I can see no good reason for them not being included.

Completely pointless in a game of mHUD and rehersed spam plotting.
* Command Screen functionality. Sure, lots of folks never figured out how to use it before, but if there's no functionality, why not just call it a "map" and be done with it? :p Seriously... we wanna be able to set waypoints! Both to each other and to targets!!

I havn't miss the CC at all. It still does the basic "show me my team" and "can we see the enemy" function, the only practical use it ever had.

* Non-omnipotent sensors! Ah... can we get a range on these things? As it is they act like a satalight uplink and make any sort of sneaking impossible.

I came, I hated it, I blew up the sensor. I got over it.

*Actual time required to repair Gens! 20 seconds to bring them back on-line? Eew.

Took 24 seconds of constant Repair gun time to repair a generator in T1. It's like, 10 seconds in T:V

Auto beacons on invs t2classic style would be nice, having an auto message "I have deployed a remote station" doesn't do much good if you cant find the bloody things.

Nothing else mentioned is a major gripe as far as I'm concerned, a major gripe for me would be turtling is too easy and makes the game extremely boreing when it happens.

IBASHUGOOD said:
Auto beacons on invs t2classic style would be nice, having an auto message "I have deployed a remote station" doesn't do much good if you cant find the bloody things.

open your map, its the zippo lighter icon.

Last edited:
WTF?

Why did you bump THIS??

Since you did... I guess my list still stands. I've adapted more to T:V, but I still really miss all those features. Especially the CC functions. Yeah, I know, the masses out there didn't use 'em, but the masses also have made McDonald's the #1 resturant in the world. IOW, they ain't gots not taste! :p I miss being about to waypoint myself to a buddy and playing point and cover reliably.

Same deal with the TL and beacons. Most folks never bothered with it, but then again there were lots of suprised folks wondering how those mortars were so deadly acurate when I was laying out the tagets.

And yes, there's definatly some other gripes that have surfaced... although grapples, sheild cappers, and Pod whores don't bug me nearly as much as they do some other folks (I've just been practicing killin 'em while others bitch :p ).

triple said:
Wow, im just surprised that you actually think 10 people actually matter when 138 THOUSAND people downloaded the beta

onos my 9 friends stopped playing! The game is dooooomed!

idiot

Kinda funny seeing old quotes biting people in the ass, eh?

Just going back over this thread and seeing the then/now changes is kinda freaky.

Ok... I think I'm tired enough now to actually go pass out now.

Plague said:
I'd consider the "big gripes" to be:

*Jet Movement
*Various Grappler Issues
*Vehicles

I'd say, really, the only problem that's struck me as widespread would be the Crappler.

AND

The lousy voting system.
Funked up tourney mode
Da Poopal rifle
excessive pancaking
excessive non regs
oob grid.

Thermoptic said:
I don't think it matters when it was made. BitRaiser continues to make a useless shadow over the earth.
Pretty much true, although I get a good laugh out of his "I used <insert useless T1/T2 feature/item> all the time so effectively!!!" posts.

Pachacutec said:
i see the community modding in a bigger more complex base...

that would be nice to have ONE main mod/mutator that answered alot of gripes but I think that is not likely --cue all the deep-rooted bitchfest against shieldpack or pack times. "Oh look at me, iam so l33t. I know JUST when to turn on my itty bitty 2sec powerup to pwn your a55!..oh damn..gotta wait another 16 seconds before I can get it..no00000!!!!11111!!11"

Yogi said:
Targeting lasers are rarely (OK, never) used in pubs. Beacons won't go in the game to help prevent the cheating that surrounds their functionality in the previous titles. They don't add depth, they're fluff.

And don't confuse depth with un-needed complexity.

TL, beacons, whatever, but having things to play around with in-game is fun, if you can use 'em to help your team. The overall game design is pretty much the deathmatch and basic shooter CTF, hence the feeling of cotton-candy gameplay: pick it up, play for 30 mins, put it down, move on to something else. I remember months back when people were flaming about tactical gameplay vs 'sportsy' gameplay. I've only played the demo for BF1942 but does the latest incarnation of it having anything like these so-called 'complex' game elements?

KillerONE said:
In T1/T2 we never had a ON-SCREEN radar showing incoming enemies (without scripts).

Noobs can look at the radar (which is consistent with other games, BF for example) to locate/be aware of enemies.

the concept is ok but so damn tiny, at least make the command map like a BIG radar (zoomable too) with larger icons and player names.

Koko said:
Oh, and out of my entire team, only one person seems to not be interested in playing T:V. The rest of us are having a blast with it.

would be hilarious (no, not really) if only TW is left playing T:V after other people move on... :(

Back