Is Irrational Listening to/Implementing *the big gripes*?

BitRaiser said:
In both T1 and T2 I had a habbit of charging in, slapping down some beacons UNDER turrets, sensors, whatever, THEN making a cap run. Hopefully some team-mates out there have some brains and would start chucking in smoking green death and I'd be able to skate out home free!

OR

sneak around behind their base, paint a target, call for some bombardment, cut the laser once I see the mortars in the air and make the rush while the enemy is in dissarray, making sure that my escape route takes me over the position from where the mortars came from so those heavies could wipe me arse free of chasers.

Not useful, eh?
I guess not... not if you can't think of a good way to use 'em!

Whereas any decent HO would be able to take base assests out on their own.
Negating the need the beacons+TL.

Koko said:
I am making a mutator that has silly string turrets and silly string guns.

i'm making a mutator where you spawn in pod and if anything touches you you go boucning like a ball off the oob grids, boing boing boing!

waypoints, Flag Stand Indicators, & Perma Flag IFF's being taken out was one of the smartest things they did in the game.

No Perma Flag IFF's - No LD making a 1000m snipe shot lol
No Flag Stand Iddicators - Players not able to disc spam the stand from god knows how far off
no waypoints - one less thing to be exploited

beacons - yeah I miss them, but do not see a valid use for them in T:V short of indication of a target.

TL - was a great idea in T2, but scripts took it's function away to where it was a mere laser pointer. Better to leave it out and save bandwidth.

BitRaiser said:
Generalization, yeah. Facts? Well... out of the 10 people I know that tripped all over themselves rushing to get involved in the beta, only 1 is still keen on it.

Wow, im just surprised that you actually think 10 people actually matter when 138 THOUSAND people downloaded the beta

onos my 9 friends stopped playing! The game is dooooomed!

idiot

BitRaiser said:
I'd also point out that there has been a steady DROP in player numbers. For what ever reason this might be, it's not a good thing.

That happens in every Beta.

Happened with DoW beta....go figure.

BitRaiser said:
I'd also point out that there has been a steady DROP in player numbers. For what ever reason this might be, it's not a good thing.

This was and is entirely expected. People have been getting bored, but it's primarily because we only released four maps with the open beta. And many people will try a game once or twice and not come back to it - it simply may not be their cup of tea, and not be a reflection on the game itself.

It would be very unusual if player numbers continually increased during this phase of the project.

BitRaiser said:
I'm not trying to whine... I'm done with "ARGH!! This isn't what *I* wanted!!". I'm trying hard to look at the bigger picture.

If you're trying to present this as simply your opinion I don't think you've done a good job. Your post says "the big gripes" and not "my big gripes". And based on the posts from other players in this thread, your concerns are largely not shared or not considered as big a problem as you feel they are.

For the record, we are listening and reading every single piece of feedback we see. However at this juncture we are feature complete, meaning there will be no new features added to the game. Further, not every suggestion or piece of feedback makes good gameplay sense. And this isn't a democracy - while consistent feedback on a particular topic is welcome and allows us to rethink a particular element of the game, we would only make changes if they substantially improve gameplay.

I've found i'm not really missing the TL or Waypoints so much, mostly because the maps are so small right now that waypoints haven't really been necessary. The TL i miss for being obnoxious and making light shows, but i'll agree that doesn't really add much to gameplay. :)

One thing i have been frustrated about, however, is a lack of knowing where my teammates are. A number of times i've found myself thinking "i wonder exactly where this player is. I know he's doing O. Is he set up for a route? Is he respawning? etc." Because the command map doesn't display player names, there's really no way to tell. I've found this very frustrating.

Thoughts?

Cool, Ant.

I did start this thread a the prompting of a buddy here. We were talking about the game in general and why he's un-installed it and increadbly bitter, while I remain hopeful.

My bigger consern is definatly with the Command screen... I found no more powerful tool for enhancing game play than that in T1/2. It allows you to form some kind of organization and keep tabs on buddies. Hell, I remember fondly having beer and pretzel Command the Bots matches!

Oh, and triple... calling someone an idiot for presenting a localized example is friken stupid and shows you to be a closed minded fool. I was mearly pointing out that within my experiance, the people I know that were excited about the game are not anymore. How about ya grow up some and try discussing instread of foul mouthing?

Pachacutec said:
on a serious note, irritant, i hope you guys are remembering we're complaining and whining and screaming and clawing because we love the series.

(and you, you hunka burnin love)

Oh, we know. It's the same with fans of anything, anywhere. "Hell hath no fury" etc. :)

And I love you all too. Big hug :)

I have seen and played enough of this game to know that I am looking forward to it's release.
My Gripes still stand and they are mine only.

1) Cut the burner from the jetpack.
For a game with ariel dueling and mobility as a highpoint, grounding me for using this particular weapon sucks.

2) Tighten up the rocket pod. Make it dangerous.

3) The Inventory stall to the overall game flow has me wondering wtf was you thinking here?

Ok, I am an easy slut, the rest of the game seems to be heading in the right direction to me.
I am also sure that somewhere along the line, someone may flesh out anything lacking with a mod/patch.
Hey, Necessity is the mother of invention.
Bring on the game.

Last edited:
I personally think the burner/energy balance is great. I use the burner often on Cavern, and if I didn't have to consider loss of movement, it would be fiery death everywhere. Besides, it takes a small portion of energy to use, and I always have the e-pack equipped along with it.

I do, however, completely agree on the rocket pod. I never touch it, because 3 weapon slots makes for precious choices and it simply doesn't do enough damage/far too much spread/too slow turning.

Last edited:
Okay, seriously, I don't see how you could take the TL and beacons out of the game. Everybody in T1 and T2 used the TL to point out enemies and turrets. How do you expect your teammates to hit anything unless it is being targeted? As for the beacons, they were a necessity for finding the enemy base. I can't recall the amount of times where I would prepare a complex cap route, only to find that I was going in the wrong direction and that I was 2000 meters out of bounds. This is a serious issue and will definitely destroy the Tribes series if it is not dealt with.

Back