Player having bad attitude?

Origim said:
Not everyone is playing Tribes since Tribes 1. Please elaborate how a totally new player to Tribes universe can assume that the most LOGICAL thing to do when you are with a flag (and it IS) is also the most lames? You shouldn't call him a jerk.

Also, to whoever said about banning for turtling- wouldn't you even give a warning (for the same reason I have stated above)?

He was apparently informed quite promptly and frequently that he shouldn't be doing what he was doing. I'd say he was given plenty of warning.

Oh you pussies.
It's not like Turtles can't be dug out.
Sounds like your all afraid of a little challange!

One of the most fun moments I've had with T:V so far was desiding it was time for the enemies turtle to DIE, donning heavy armour, 'n timing my attack run to happen with 3 other people at the same time. End result? Dead turtle and our cap.

You just need a little stratagy... something the majority of you folks seem allergic to! :p

Besides, this is a BETA! We should be testing to see if turtling is too easy, on what maps, and why. The IG guys have already said they want us to test this.

On the otherhand, it's never a bad idea to try to play nice. When you're asked to conform to some local rules, it's usually a good idea ta do it.

There should not be ANY rules like no sniping and things like that.

IN A GAME you can do ANYTHING the game LET YOU DO. There should not be any non-official rules. I tough that the best way to keep the flag was to keep it in THE MOST SECURE area i could find. Thats called logic.

Yes i was insectoid.....and i tked to defend myself agains wave of teamate trying to kill me. I was realy frustrated to see that my friends did not even TRY to get the flag.

BitRaiser said:
Oh you pussies.
It's not like Turtles can't be dug out.
Sounds like your all afraid of a little challange!

One of the most fun moments I've had with T:V so far was desiding it was time for the enemies turtle to DIE, donning heavy armour, 'n timing my attack run to happen with 3 other people at the same time. End result? Dead turtle and our cap.

You just need a little stratagy... something the majority of you folks seem allergic to! :p

Besides, this is a BETA! We should be testing to see if turtling is too easy, on what maps, and why. The IG guys have already said they want us to test this.

I'm not afraid of a challenge, or strategy. But formulating an attack run with three other people in a pub is a difficult undertaking, which is why turtling in pubs is frowned upon so much more than in tournament play.

Turtling is just irritating, especially on Winterlake. It takes several runs to dig out a capper who is exerting no more effort than to sit in his base with a shield pack and bathe the entrance in fire. It slows down game play, and leaves everyone bored. It's just proper etiquette to leave yourself out in the open, constantly moving, fighting off capper-hunters. Everyone just has much more fun.

Coylter said:

IN A GAME you can do ANYTHING the game LET YOU DO. There should not be any non-official rules. I tough that the best way to keep the flag was to keep it in THE MOST SECURE area i could find. Thats called logic.

Yes i was insectoid.....and i tked to defend myself agains wave of teamate trying to kill me. I was realy frustrated to see that my friends did not even TRY to get the flag.

There are always going to be servers that have local rules. Just like you will always have pooltables with house rules. Its the same thing. :silly:

You should assume that most the servers you play on will have this rule. Because most have it as a guideline if not a rule.

Coylter said:

You're the same type of person that would exploit a wall-hack simply because you could, and then lable it as "part of the game", aren't you?

When you're in a game like this, you sometimes have to make concessions in order to make sure everyone has a good time, and not cheapen the experience for yourself or anyone else.

Coylter said:
I am in a pub having fun...trying to cap the flag....finaly i get to cap it and bring it back to base. Too bad the other team has our flag too.... So i go inside the base (winter lake) and put a heavy armor so i can resist assaults.i stay in the base with my mortar defending myself while my team go get our flag.....AT MY GREAT SURPRISE my team dont go to get our flag.....THEY GET INSIDE WITH ME telling me TO GET OUTSIDE......I am like WTF...You want me to get outside so the other team can kill me better and get their flag...wtf is that shazbot.....Finnaly the morons decide that its better to kill me and get the flag outside themself..so a big team fight start ... i happen to win the first one again my whole team.....but they come back and kill me.....Then the "stupid morons" just take the flag and fly outside.......i am frustrated so i kill the stupid stupid moron, take the flag back and return inside....ONLY TO GET KILLED BY ANOTHER STUPID TEAMATE......finally moron v2.0 get to bring the flag outside...AND HOORA get killed.....and the other team SCORE........WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

......sentences.....are......your friend.....use them........and maybe you......will get laid......

The problem is most people won't take the time to explain things to people like this.. they will just start shooting him/telling him to eff off. Which... I am guilty of too.

Note proper use of elipses above.

No a wall hack is not part of the game....if you think it is....its your problem.

Being a cal-level halo player my first reaction was to hide the flag. Sorry if you dont like it.....i did not disrepect any rules.

Me thinks soon all the good servers where the best players will play will be private because people cannot simply play nice and/or follow the rules of the server op.

Coylter said:
I was only trying to help my team....BTW there was no turret helping me. Only me with my weapon and my shield.

It's alright... your entire Tribes career isn't ruined, you just didn't know. It's not against the RULES (except on certain servers which have house rules), it's just bad ETIQUETTE on public servers. In competition play, anything goes.

Folks, remember that not EVERYONE on is ADD either! I personally enjoy a good stand off. If there was a little more C&C utility it would be easier to organize anti-turtle runs, tho. Let's hope you'll be able to give commands and waypoints by the time the game ships!!

People need to be doing more turtling right now, to see if there are ajustments required. Maybe IG can add an anti-flag field that prevents only flag carriers from entering certain parts of bases... IF it's needed.

This is a beta and we are testing. The fact that it's fun is just a happy spin off!

teamwork is the base, get together with known guys, use usefull bindings and if its necesary use voicechat(teamspeak anyone?) and turtle is dead.

In all ctf games that I play I've never seen this kind of joke.

BitRaiser said:
Folks, remember that not EVERYONE on is ADD either! I personally enjoy a good stand off. If there was a little more C&C utility it would be easier to organize anti-turtle runs, tho. Let's hope you'll be able to give commands and waypoints by the time the game ships!!

People need to be doing more turtling right now, to see if there are ajustments required. Maybe IG can add an anti-flag field that prevents only flag carriers from entering certain parts of bases... IF it's needed.

This is a beta and we are testing. The fact that it's fun is just a happy spin off!
You don't neccesarily need to see someone turtle to know whether or not a certain map will make it easy to do so. Just looking at the layout of a certain map and how a base is designed can give you insight into how the map will play.

As for turtling in pubs, it's lame. Like someone said before, coordinating an attack to break a turtle in pubs is extremely difficult when the only method of communication is by text. In competition you have your team on voice comms so coordination is infinitely easier. Encouraging people to turtle it in pubs is pure idiocy.Basing it soley on the idea of "testing for neccesary adjustments" is just bs. Go play by yourself if you're going to degrade a pub like that.

Last edited:
Back