[request]Minedisc on T:V

Fool said:
I hope you spent more than 5 minutes playing the game. It has a lot more depth than you give it credit for. I think people are just pissy because they'll actually have to relearn the game.
I've given it hours and hours so far. And so far, it's fucking worthless. Movement feels like I'm controlling a wet, fatass cow (sloppy).

Mid-air movement is completely newbified down so that ANYONE can pick up the game and do just fine, with no extreme in between smart players and newbie duelers.

Skiing? Pfft, what skill is required to ski? Holding down "jump" while standing still and slding across the ground? Rofl.

The scaling between the players and the "world" is beyond horrible. I feels like I'm a fucking tractor trailer barreling down a single-lane road when I'm coming in from a route. MAing seems as easy as hell, because it's not an illusion... the players ARE fucking huge.

And all of that is just the tip of the iceburg. There's a bunch of little shit that makes me want to fire the animation programmers. Eg: What's with the faggotass third-person running? Are we stick figures without joints??? Have you guys even PLAYED Tribes2? Do you not see how fucking hideous TV movements (watching other players/third person) look compared to Tribes2's movements?

It seems Sierra/IGA are too worried about how much they can make this game like UT2k4/BF1942/etc to make it actually SIMILIAR to Tribes1/2C.

To the e-knight cock-suckers: Don't waste your time saying "it's a NEW GAME", BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING NOT. It's a "NEW GAME" in the (HERE IT IS MORONS...) TRIBES SERIES. Yes, that's right! It's a new game... IN THE TRIBES SERIES. It's not just a "NEW GAME", like you fucking morons keep babbling on about. If it WAS just a "new game", do you fucking honestly think the devs would be hanging out on Tribes1/2 forums? No... fucking retarded, e-knight, blind as a bat, cock-suckers.

Idiots make me sick.

P.S. This post wasn't directed at you, Fool. Only the first paragraph was.

Validuz said:
I've given it hours and hours so far. And so far, it's fucking worthless. Movement feels like I'm controlling a wet, fatass cow (sloppy).

Mid-air movement is completely newbified down so that ANYONE can pick up the game and do just fine, with no extreme in between smart players and newbie duelers.

Skiing? Pfft, what skill is required to ski? Holding down "jump" while standing still and slding across the ground? Rofl.

The scaling between the players and the "world" is beyond horrible. I feels like I'm a fucking tractor trailer barreling down a single-lane road when I'm coming in from a route. MAing seems as easy as hell, because it's not an illusion... the players ARE fucking huge.

And all of that is just the tip of the iceburg. There's a bunch of little shit that makes me want to fire the animation programmers. Eg: What's with the faggotass third-person running? Are we stick figures without joints??? Have you guys even PLAYED Tribes2? Do you not see how fucking hideous TV movements (watching other players/third person) look compared to Tribes2's movements?

It seems Sierra/IGA are too worried about how much they can make this game like UT2k4/BF1942/etc to make it actually SIMILIAR to Tribes1/2C.

To the e-knight cock-suckers: Don't waste your time saying "it's a NEW GAME", BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING NOT. It's a "NEW GAME" in the (HERE IT IS MORONS...) TRIBES SERIES. Yes, that's right! It's a new game... IN THE TRIBES SERIES. It's not just a "NEW GAME", like you fucking morons keep babbling on about. If it WAS just a "new game", do you fucking honestly think the devs would be hanging out on Tribes1/2 forums? No... fucking retarded, e-knight, blind as a bat, cock-suckers.

Idiots make me sick.

Why haven't you started a Feedback thread in the Beta Discussion forum? Why haven't you started a Feedback thread in the Beta Bugs forum? Why haven't you started a Feedback thread here in Tribes Talk? I've just checked and you haven't started a single thread in any of these forums to voice your opinion.

We want your feedback. Hell we need your feedback, we need everybody's feedback. But we want it to be concise, accurate, constructive, and at the very least courteous.

You seem very happy to whinge and whine here in Tribes Talk in someone else's thread, but you don't seem interested at all in participating in the actual Beta feedback process.

Please, if you have legitimate feedback or bug reports and want to express them in an adult manner, post them in the appropriate forum.

After reading my post in a calm mood, I must apologize for the manner in which I posted. I'm just worried the game I love to play, won't be good. :(

I guess it's more my fault that anyone elses.. for being such a loser and putting as much time into this game as I do :p

Validuz said:
After reading my post in a calm mood, I must apologize for the manner in which I posted. I'm just worried the game I love to play, won't be good. :(

I guess it's more my fault that anyone elses.. for being such a loser and putting as much time into this game as I do :p
Make threads. thx.

Validuz said:

William Shakespeare said:
Not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more

after seeing the game myself I understand your concern.

IrritAnt said:
Why haven't you started a Feedback thread in the Beta Discussion forum? Why haven't you started a Feedback thread in the Beta Bugs forum? Why haven't you started a Feedback thread here in Tribes Talk? I've just checked and you haven't started a single thread in any of these forums to voice your opinion.

We want your feedback. Hell we need your feedback, we need everybody's feedback. But we want it to be concise, accurate, constructive, and at the very least courteous.

You seem very happy to whinge and whine here in Tribes Talk in someone else's thread, but you don't seem interested at all in participating in the actual Beta feedback process.

Please, if you have legitimate feedback or bug reports and want to express them in an adult manner, post them in the appropriate forum.

IrritAnt & Trhax Panda u have pm & mail plz replay :)
good work

Last edited:
Validuz said:

I know you're going to hate me for this comment, but this is a new game -> everyone (even the T1/2 vets) is unfamiliar with the new physics -> everyone is a newbie at it. I'm sure we'll be starting to see differences in a few months.
Validuz said:
That's the exact same principle as in T2 and in T1 if you had a ski script. The act of skiing is easy, finding good routes and improvising isn't.
Validuz said:
I think it's the smaller maps that could be confusing in this situation.
Validuz said:
Animations can be refined in the 2 months they have until release. From the vids I don't see any problem with them though. :shrug:
Validuz said:

It IS a new game in the Tribes series. It has jetpacks, spinfusors, skiing, everything that made T1/2 Tribes. If it had the exact same features and physics, it wouldn't live longer than a few months, because people would play the same game they played for years, only with better graphics.

IrritAnt said:

yeah meet validuz, he's a pain in the ass. I'm pretty psyched that he doesn't like the game.

I didn't know he was in the beta though...

Is there something to Validuz's comments about player size? That is the negative comment I see most from people; you feel more like a large robot on a small map than a nimble tribes player in a large world.

Unfortunately, this doesn't sound like you can make changes to it. I don't think you can do a global scale down of players; I mean there are vehicles, bases, turrets, etc. sized for the current player.

Is it a case of just being different than T1/T2 and we will all get used to it? Or, does it feel like we all just switched resolution to 640x480?

Fool this is an argument waiting to go no where with Validuz. Just let it drop. If he can't adapt to the game or doesn't want to, then let him. It's not such a great loss if he's going to continue to give off the "I'm a giant whiner with no constructive input" image, no loss to us.

I saw the same argument from Wiggle and the problem is they're playing the Beta like a competition pub, not a BETA. People in server right now aren't going around trying to complete objectives as fast as possible, they're trying to test the game, and so when people say it's too easy, or the skiing is retarded, it's because they haven't seen someone blow past them going 600mph because that person can actually ski.

ExitJudas said:
mine disc ruined the gameplay. it effectively negated any need for positioning. all you needed to be effective was to respawn, get mines and stand near the flag, then suicide when a capper who had spent 2 minutes setting up flew in.

mine disc is cheap and ruins gameplay.

that is the most ignorant thing i think i've ever read on these forums

have you ever even played this game before? if you can't get around an LD with mines, then i think it's back to deer hunter for you.

we need a petition to only let vet4's and higher post about t:v

I liked the mine disc in T1.

Only way I see it as needed in T:V is if the offense seems overpowered and they put in the md to help balance it.

T-Refried-455 said:
that is the most ignorant thing i think i've ever read on these forums

have you ever even played this game before? if you can't get around an LD with mines, then i think it's back to deer hunter for you.

we need a petition to only let vet4's and higher post about t:v

:) :approved:

L4MpoTr0N said:
In tribes 1 & 2 minedisk was well balanced in the gameplay....it never ruined the gameplay, but improved it.

classic rulez

Last edited:
Back