[request]Minedisc on T:V

GrEaSy Sp00n? said:
And you and ure team-mates can't get hurt my them atm can they?

No you can still be hurt by your own teams mines if you're in the blast radius. You just can't set them off. But if you're standing by one when an enemy comes by, it's hasta lasagna.

For the guys who are playing the beta: how do u stop an HO in a route without minedisc? And what about a capper who is running home very fast by grappling a pod? :closet:

L4MpoTr0N said:
For the guys who are playing the beta: how do u stop an HO in a route without minedisc? And what about a capper who is running home very fast by grappling a pod? :closet:

Midair, buckler.. any number of ways.

And what about a capper who is running home very fast by grappling a pod?

That's out of the question. First off, you can ski faster than a pod. Second, if they can pull off that sort of coordination, more power to them.

If you are entirely dependant on mine discs to stop HO and cappers, on Tribes or Tribes 2, then you shouldnt be playing LD.

And pods are easily trashed by cg anyway, and its not like your team wont have pods, either. I also somewhat doubt a guy grappling a pod would be an effective way to cap aswell.

L4MpoTr0N said:

Bodyblock, grenade then disc.

Pods are easy as hell to shoot.

LoVer said:
The damage and the rate of fire of the new hand nades makes them just as fun as mine/disk. They are quite effective without being ridiculous.
Takes more practice and skill to land the hand grenade than a MD

FSB-AO said:
Have you even played the game? A deployable brick wall would also "balance" the high speeds you can reach, but that doesn't mean its a good idea. The game is fine without mine discing. If you need to do more damage, drop grenades. They have a much shorter fuse than in t1/t2.

New request: deployable brick wall :signed:

VektorX said:
When I was reading this thread, I was like "wtf is a mini-disc"
Then i figured out it was minedisc

arn't you a vet2?

just to explain to anyone: mine disc is when you throw a mine and then shoot it with a disc, eather in midair or on the ground. the to explosions together will be a one hit kill on unshielded lights.

How effective is the mine in T:V anyway?

No 0ne's said a WORD about it.

If it's a deployable, I guess you get it from a station?

Well what's really funny is I've yet to see anyone complain in the beta about the lack of a mine disc.

Mooley said:
How effective is the mine in T:V anyway?

No 0ne's said a WORD about it.

If it's a deployable, I guess you get it from a station?

yes and its pretty powerful. They are so big though. Happy wont even have to make the big red spheres.

It is pretty damn easy to own an HO who is coming in.

You don't NEED minedisc, with the e-pack boost and stuff, its easy to catch up to cappers and kill them on their way home.

Keeps the flag moving, which is more exciting IMO.

Back