T:V "The other white meat"

yeah, Isle didn't seem very 'tribeish' to me, however Emerald really did...(minus the toll booth and street lights lol.....actually i guess you could say its like a DOX map for tribes ;) )

Cavern seemed tribes-like to me as well, even though it was radically different than previous tribes maps. To me, Winterlake and Isle were the least 'tribes-like' maps out of the bunch.

Sopo said:
From the video Isle seemed a little more longwinded, also I never saw the water in the video.

if you go near the OOB you start to see lakes at such. There's also a small lake near the the Blood Eagle flag stand that makes for a good inventory spot.

[MiSFiT-RG-] said:
TV maps are getting that alot it seems, They look like more arena type maps
Um, Isle, the map in the video, is wide open rolling hills and quite large. The other maps in the beta are also quite large (except perhaps Emeral which is smaller but nice and ski friendly).

Sopo said:
From the video Isle seemed a little more longwinded, also I never saw the water in the video.
It's around the outsides. If you run side to side cap routes, you'll see plenty of it.

If you played Beach Blitz in T2, Isle has about 25% more land mass.

LurchDawg said:
if you go near the OOB you start to see lakes at such. There's also a small lake near the the Blood Eagle flag stand that makes for a good inventory spot.
How is the water anyhow? I haven't seen anyone mention it. It is still same the low velocity goop that it was in T2?

HF|RH ViRGE said:
How is the water anyhow? I haven't seen anyone mention it. It is still same the low velocity goop that it was in T2?
Nope. More like TR2 (body is very buoyant, but not as much). You float to the top, but if you hold ski, you sink like a rock. Water is an obstacle, but not anything like T2. You can hit water and still be able to get away from chasers.

Also, if you come in at a low enough angle and travelling fast enough, you'll skip across it like a rock across a pond. It's awesome (and yes, it is by design and is in there on purpose).

Nice vid ZOD. :bigthumb:
Some nice gameplay in there at some points.
Although it seems people still have to adjust to the new style of play a bit, some of the old tactics are still very valid.

That jump tank is seriously broken though. :/

Yogi said:
Nope. More like TR2 (body is very buoyant, but not as much). You float to the top, but if you hold ski, you sink like a rock. Water is an obstacle, but not anything like T2. You can hit water and still be able to get away from chasers.

Also, if you come in at a low enough angle and travelling fast enough, you'll skip across it like a rock across a pond. It's awesome (and yes, it is by design and is in there on purpose).
Nice!
:)

More would do nice indeed.

Some henry action/capping and with bits of grappler and buckler action would do just fine if someone is willing.

Thanks.

You must run low resolution (yes i know thats sarcasm)

Edit: Directed to ZOD and Pancake.

Last edited:
First let me splain the vid. That is from the video out of my GF4 Ti4200 into an old JVC VCR, taped, then played back into my WinTv card. Now at first I made it Divx, which was not bad, but the file was over 500 meg for the same size vid. Now while it wasn't horrible gameplay, it certainly doesn't warrent 500 meg. The purpose of the vid was just to show some of the things and show that yeah you can jet and ski. I'll post another tonight sometime using some of the new stuff.

Sopo - I run at 800x600 lowest detail, high viewable distance. I drove through some water twice in the vid, but the large body of water is OOB and you can't get out there.

Amadeu5 - The grapple in the mod is about as close as T2 will allow I think, it's like 50% accurate.

Now. I'll talk about some of the good in T:V, I won't talk about what I percieve as bad since that would be counter productive and we are in beta so things are still being tweaked out.

Water rocks, it is not something you would want to avoid like T2. It enhances your route if its early on in it. You can ski on it if you hit it at the correct angle, I would guess 15 - 20 degrees.​

Grapple is great for the most part and since no one has mentioned it yet, it has this nice little feature that T1 had.. You can beacon stop with it :)

Repair pack works great, repairing multiple items at the same time is WIN.​

Ask some specific questions and I can give more info.

Hey Zod if ya let me borrow your account for a bit, I can fraps and DrDivx it!

Ah just j/k

Next video try to get in some heavy action with the mortar and burner

And also try to get in some light action with the sniper rifle and the grabbler, and a bit of capper action with the energy pack would be cool as well.

This video was awsome, pretty pleased with the game, thanks for showing it to us. You could however have changed your loadout a bit more, but other than that gj.

Last edited:
My questions:
-How is the bugtracking being handled?

-Have you had any problems with the speed of the disk?

-how effective is the sheild pack now that there is no energy management in favor of the 5 sec. 75% protection?

- While watching that and other videos, I got the impression that diskjumping does not seem to care what direction you shoot the disk in order to move forward. It seemed like people are shooting in front of them and being pushed forward instead of backward. Is that a bug?

-the jump pad does not seem to launch you very far, if at all. Is this another bug, or does it take some skill to use effectively?

-is it possible to deploy the rover underwater?

-the speed seems even a little too high, is chasing still a viable tactic in that build of beta?

Last edited:
Back