how will open beta be available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Haggis? said:
it will be for fileplanet subscribers only...otherwise, what would be the point for the exclusive? menzo said its 1 week in the closed beta...if everyone coudl download it...then it wouldn't be closed, now would it?

Actually, I think everyone can d/l from Fileplanet, but only the subscribers get good bandwidth. Everyone else has to wait 4 hours to start the d/l, only to have it crash every 30 minutes.

Menzo said:
FilePlanet will get a one-week head start, so you should get used to that now. Gentlemen, start your complaining!

hey fu for making me finally subscribe to that garbage

(I'll cancel right after :D )

Slurp said:
Actually, I think everyone can d/l from Fileplanet, but only the subscribers get good bandwidth. Everyone else has to wait 4 hours to start the d/l, only to have it crash every 30 minutes.

No, thats true for the normal files but fileplanet "exclusives" are limited to fp subscribers, noone else can dl them from fp.

Loads of the mmorpg "open" beta's have done this, SWG was a fp dl exclusive as well for a few weeks, it'll be protected by a cdkey no doubt, whether someone finds a way to crack it is another matter tho :<

It's extremely crappy though considering how gay fp is, we make you pay for things other sites give you for free how l33t are we.

So they get a week more than us, jeebus, the sky isn't falling as far as i can see. ;) Thats just 7 days more i can spend with my gf, job and rl before i become a pc junky again. :)

is it confirmed that it is a subscriber only exclusive? i just saw that it was FP exclusive - ie, just limited to fp

So I don't mind it being on fileplanet since I'm a fileplanet member... but will it be exclusive to free fileplanet members like myself, or exclusive just to the people who actually pay for fileplanet? If it's the pay-for people, I'll be pissed. But if it's just the people that have to register then whatever, I can handle the 4 hour wait in line.

IM SO CONFUZZLED :(

but at least my friend is has a fileplanet account :D

now all i have to do is use his account and download it before he does hehehe :D

BrEaDmAn86 said:
So I don't mind it being on fileplanet since I'm a fileplanet member... but will it be exclusive to free fileplanet members like myself, or exclusive just to the people who actually pay for fileplanet? If it's the pay-for people, I'll be pissed. But if it's just the people that have to register then whatever, I can handle the 4 hour wait in line.

its gonna be for the paying FP peeps for that week. now my question is what week do we paying FP peeps get a crack at it. (heh and i was about to cancel my FP account :D)

Eventually, people will understand that stuff on the Internet doesn't default to FREE.

People will realize that like every service you provide, it costs somebody money. That money in the REAL world is recouped, cause people pay for said service. The Internet has a horrible reputation that everything is free.

Bleh.. Ignorance is bliss.

/end rant

KillerONE said:
Eventually, people will understand that stuff on the Internet doesn't default to FREE.

People will realize that like every service you provide, it costs somebody money. That money in the REAL world is recouped, cause people pay for said service. The Internet has a horrible reputation that everything is free.

/end rant

3dgamers.

You would think IGN + Gamespy + all the shit Gamespy and IGN own would be enough to pay for a download service.

KillerONE said:

/end rant

That's why it's so stupid to not use bittorrent.

I understand the reason for the exclusive that doesn't me I have to agree with it or like it.

KillerONE said:

/end rant
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back