how will open beta be available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like it's gonna get up on serverseed as soon as possible... I mean, TySoft surely wouldn't waste bandwith on things like this and the free T1/2 downloads...

oh snap

KillerONE said:
Ya, clicking on a link and walking away for a couple hours is VERY TOUGH!!

No problem with Fileplanet here.. :)
Yeah cuz waiting for hours for a very slow download that will last even more hours is very enjoyable, if you dont get disconnected.

Amadeu5 said:
It's not like it's gonna get up on serverseed as soon as possible... I mean, TySoft surely wouldn't waste bandwith on things like this and the free T1/2 downloads...

oh snap
It's not like each download might require a CD key that you get from Fileplanet or the game doesn't work.

oh snap

I don't know how GameSpy will protect their download or if they will at all. Let's save our indignation until that's revealed.

Got Haggis? said:
that's how fileplanet get exlusives...they use a CD-KEY system so it will only work if you download from them.
Menzo said:
FilePlanet will get a one-week head start...
That implies that the download will be available from other places too. Why bother with CD keys if people can get it from anywhere else in a week?

Then again it's FP, so... :hrm:

Amadeu5 said:
That implies that the download will be available from other places too. Why bother with CD keys if people can get it from anywhere else in a week?

Then again it's FP, so... :hrm:

If it is released with protection, I'd guess the main open beta setup file will be contained within another Fileplanet setup file which contains the cd key (serial #) protection. You enter the key, it extracts and opens the real setup program. Sort of like the way they branded the setups for Tribes 1 and 2 with the fileplanet logo when those were released for free.

elton said:
Yeah cuz waiting for hours for a very slow download that will last even more hours is very enjoyable, if you dont get disconnected.

Honestly, the system FilePlanet uses helps keep the downloads fast (imo) by limiting the amount of people that can download from a server. Also, the connection software they use seems to work fine. I've never had a slow or disconnected session with FilePlanet.

If you click on a link and WATCH it for 5 hours, that's your problem. Start the download, go outside, come back, play.

I just pray to god it's not a fileplanet exclusive.
Seriously this is bullshit. If fileplanet dedicated one server's worth of bandwith to a bittorrent things would be so much better. Hell they could even make their own client ala Blizzard. That I would be willing to pay for.
Didn't a bunch of sites boycott something like this a while back.

Well, it'll be "exclusive" for one week before other places get it.

Hopefully there'll be some "faster" option to getting the required files, leaving all you need to get from FP would be a key.

It is going to be a FilePlanet exclusive for a week so you're going to have to get over it. If it makes you feel any better you can think of this as a pre-open beta. That's right, this isn't really a FilePlanet open beta exclusive, this is an entirely different animal for FilePlanet people - they get a one-week opportunity into the CLOSED beta just like people who attend Tribal-Wars and pre-order get a multi-week opportunity.

Does that make you feel better?

Menzo said:
It is going to be a FilePlanet exclusive for a week so you're going to have to get over it. If it makes you feel any better you can think of this as a pre-open beta. That's right, this isn't really a FilePlanet open beta exclusive, this is an entirely different animal for FilePlanet people - they get a one-week opportunity into the CLOSED beta just like people who attend Tribal-Wars and pre-order get a multi-week opportunity.

Does that make you feel better?

Umm... when does this start, anyway...
or can you reval that info yet?

Hmm... Multi-week...

Ok, so it MAY happen 1st aug. It could happen later, but ~1 aug is the earliest FP will start up....

Or else my speculometer is broke...

G1ZM0 said:
I just pray to god it's not a fileplanet exclusive.
Seriously this is bullshit. If fileplanet dedicated one server's worth of bandwith to a bittorrent things would be so much better. Hell they could even make their own client ala Blizzard. That I would be willing to pay for.
Didn't a bunch of sites boycott something like this a while back.

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back