News: Vivendi Layoffs; Vengeance work goes on

VUG does not own Irrational. Not in America, not in Australia. Irrational is its own company that has been CONTRACTED to work on Tribes: Vengeance and SWAT. What COULD HAVE happened is that SWAT was cancelled and Irrational laid off some of the excess workers, but I have no idea if that is truth.

The point is, VUG can not hire or fire people from Irrational. IGA has to make their own decisions when it comes to hiring.

yeah thats what i was thinking, that it somehow affected IG in America, i know sierra can't directly cut staff from a company they don't own :p

Chame1e0n said:
yeah thats what i was thinking, that it somehow affected IG in America, i know sierra can't directly cut staff from a company they don't own :p
Apparently Impressions and Papyrus were in Boston and both are now closed due to this lay off. So IGA was not affected.

If I'm not mistaken the move of the SWAT franchise to Irrational's auspices was in preparation for the forthcoming closure of Sierra, so it was probably unaffected as well.

Alfred_Neuman said:
btw, valve is the gayest of them all. followed closely by blizzard

Yeah, but at least Blizzard actually releases their games every now and then. And when they do they're really fun to play.

All Valve ever realeases is faulty programs that are suppose to revolutionize the industry/internet/how you make your coffee but don't, and adobe premiere videos. Though I hear someone finally got to play a hands on copy of Half Life 2. I think they were just drugged though, everyone knows Valve can't code games.

Colosus said:
Apparently Impressions and Papyrus were in Boston and both are now closed due to this lay off. So IGA was not affected.

Yeah, that happened a bit ago. It's a damn shame too because Papyrus made the single greatest NASCAR racing game ever dreamed of. I was really looking forward to another iteration of it.

Also kinda sad to see Sierra die out. That company has been publishing some of the best games i've played since i've ever played computer games. KINGS QUEST!!!! All I have to say about that.

Menzo, Thrax: someone mind responding to this(post 22)? They're claiming Thrax is a dead man.

I'm not sure about the specifics on this but Thrax -WAS- hit by the layoffs. As much of the development on the title was outsourced to another company, its hard to say how the layoffs will effect the title.

Colosus said:
It was already addressed in this thread. First page. Post by me. Quotes from Menzo.
I'm a dolt, Menzo posted a reply like 2 minutes after the other guy made the claim about Thrax. :eek: Thanks Col.

Back