News: Vivendi Layoffs; Vengeance work goes on

Vivendi bought sierra games for 1 billion dollars. Their assets included... Synergistic, Impressions, Dynamix, Papyrus, Headgate, Blizzard and that place in redwood city that I am forgetting the name of.

They have in 5 short years managed to run every single one of them out of business besides blizzard because blizzard was mercifully left alone.

Imposter said:
The dev team is IGA, not sierra. They're contracted to make the game. Thrax is the only Sierra guy. I think KP is IGA...I know he's down unda...

To clarify, IGA is a completely different company. Sierra could never make the IGA team redundant - only IGA can do that :) And they're not gonna.

And yes, KP works for IGA.

why dont they jsut lay off those at valve? i mean seriously. talk about eating up money to make a game that was suposed to come out 5 years ago.

Alfred_Neuman said:
why dont they jsut lay off those at valve? i mean seriously. talk about eating up money to make a game that was suposed to come out 5 years ago.

Because they don't own Valve. The days of Sierra actually making games is over however, has been going that way for awhile now. They are nothing more then a publisher of others works. And the copyright holders of many titles from their gobbling up of Dev houses.

Alfred_Neuman said:
Valve funds their own projects. As does Blizzard.

Ed Orman said:
To clarify, IGA is a completely different company. Sierra could never make the IGA team redundant - only IGA can do that :) And they're not gonna.

And yes, KP works for IGA.

That's good to hear, because if IG goes under like Looking Glass Studios I will kick some serious corporate ass.

Back