[MOVIE RELEASE] kayvz™

Caught this from another thread, decided to bump. I've seen a lot of tribes videos.

Fuggin nice man, very well done. The editing is what really made it. You definitely have some talent in this area. The music was the shot, the shots all average and above, but the situations on most were what made it key.

Again, very nice. Everyone should get together and do something like this for T:V (for tv) very soon.

Gringo said:
Again, very nice. Everyone should get together and do something like this for T:V (for tv) very soon.

Yup... agreed.

One thing I would like to see in there is some spectator mode mixed in. Maybe not such a showcase of individual skill, more of an overall flick based on cool stuff.

Hell... now ya got mojo to spice things up with too!

Kayvz- said:
This is my first movie, a tribute to my time with =[A]=ether

Name: kayvz™
Length: 7:00
Author: kayvz
Codec: DivX 5.11
Links:

DOWNLOAD

The Video is EFFEN AWESOME!!! now if sombody had a link that had all the updates to T2 I would install it in a heart beat!!!

Yeah... it's definatly :rofn:

Pocketgamer linked to this thread as an example of "what tribes really is". Personally, I don't get the message. I've seen just as much (if not more) action in T:V as what this vid depicts.

Personally, I'd like to see what this guy could do with some T:V footage.

BitRaiser said:
Yeah... it's definatly :rofn:

Pocketgamer linked to this thread as an example of "what tribes really is". Personally, I don't get the message. I've seen just as much (if not more) action in T:V as what this vid depicts.

Personally, I'd like to see what this guy could do with some T:V footage.

It's just like any other video from the ground up. MAs, cool kill positions.

What matters is the sound, the visuals, the editing, everything rolled into one. Done very very well. Given some of the shots were tough, that is.

Just start demoing badass shots. It's not hard, just start recording, then end after you make a phenomenal shot, rename it, and start recording again. Save, until one of us gets off our lazy ass and uses it. :p

I'm a little busy mapping, so I don't have the time. Apparently this Kayvz has got some tallent for editing, using post-effects, and sound syncing. I think he could do a great job with T:V and has got mojo to play with (or will... hopefully it will be working better sometime in the future).

The editing is what makes the video. . . but its also the technical difficulty of some of the shots. Some of those MA's and Lances are very, very, very hard to pull off. The high speed action and flow of this video could not be pulled off within T:V, IMO, its just not graceful enough.

Data said:
That was a great movie.

Of particular interest is how ultimately cheap the shocklance is as a multiplayer weapon. Leave it to Dave G. to design a weapon that kills healthy heavies in one well-placed shot.
Mine disk in T1 was almost as deadly if not as deadly.

pocketgamer said:
The editing is what makes the video. . . but its also the technical difficulty of some of the shots. Some of those MA's and Lances are very, very, very hard to pull off. The high speed action and flow of this video could not be pulled off within T:V, IMO, its just not graceful enough.

I'll speak up for kayvz as he's kinda busy with school and hl2, though I think he trolls around here once and a while. He's not into T:V at all.

In regards to the shocklance debate earlier: I'm not and never was a sl user, despite my best attempts and I think that the weapon was near perfect. The only people who could hit me with it on an even semi-regular basis were kayvz and a few other top players. Good ho's were able to avoid getting shocklance if they checked their backs every once and a while. What you see in this movie is a really skilled player. I would miss with the shocklance from nearly point blank, meanwhile the distance on the shots in this movie are amazing.

Last edited:
yeah this movie rocks. Good show of some great T2 classic gameplay. Those flag passes are awesome. Couldn't even try and do that stuff in the gimped TV.

In TV its like hold out the flag and plop.

Last edited:
chin said:
http://renwerx.com/downloads/tribes2_gsi.exe go download it!

also, this movie is awesome. eventough im a base player, i totally want to play classic after seeing this.

and about the oob grid, if this is a script, where can i dl it?

This is a good T2 movie, but you should also check out the T1 Legacy Video. Actually I recommend anyone new to Tribes whether it be T1, T2 or TV to watch Kayvz the T2 movie for this thread and Legacy.

Legacy Thread
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346494&highlight=legacy

Both the Kayvz vid and Legacy will give you a good idea about classic Tribes gameplay. Tribes is more than just the same old run and gun game. These vids will give you an idea of movment and gameplay beyond run, strafe, crouch and shoot.

In regards to the oob grid in T2. If you want to view it, go into T2, select settings, select game and check the box that says "show out of bounds grid".

Last edited:
Back