On Style Points..

ZProtoss said:
Look at this realistically please. Which would you rather have? A bunch of people consistantly hitting each other, or a bunch of people missing each other half the time with MA's? Which leads to a better gameplay flow?

Style points don't affect team score in a direct manner, but if people were to make stupid decisions because of it, it could seriously affect team score. (aka, a team's LD trying to MA all map without chain/snipe, letting the other team's cappers have a field day).
well, dont get me wrong on that note. i really fucken hate people who bitch and whine about others who utilize the "cheap" parts of games. i honestly think whoring is a great integral part of tribes, but it STILL would possibly make gameplay a whole lot more interesting to see more less-used weapons be used for less realistic purposes. besides, i'd love to gloat my top style points to other people.

Its got a neat rpg type role added in to it.. (cept you dont get to keep your stats)

Many people love to show off.. GG on the point system...

This might not make sense to some people

ok, how many people in here do you think care about points? i say 1%
i mean most of us are vets (even though it says member, most of us still played the game for more than 2-3 years) and i know that everytime i used to PUB in t1 most of the scores were negative, due to the high amount of CTRL King, so that can only mean one thing, they didnt care about scores

most of the T:V community will be made up of members (including actual members and vets) from www.tribalwar.com, so im guessing that not many players will actually care about score (but the newbies that just started playing a Tribes game for the first time, in that case T:V).

If you're a good MAer then i guess you have an advantage, because someone that likes to MA will chase/kill more with disc, and those players will get style points, rather than someone who uses chaingun instead, they too will probably get some style points for the accuracy, but a MA is much more impressive than a cg kill.

My point: Only newbies care about points

What about only calculating a score for the team that wins the map? Keep the score secret until the map is over...and then only display the scores of the team that won...A pretty dumb idea, I agree.

boschetaru said:
This might not make sense to some people

ok, how many people in here do you think care about points? i say 1%
i mean most of us are vets (even though it says member, most of us still played the game for more than 2-3 years) and i know that everytime i used to PUB in t1 most of the scores were negative, due to the high amount of CTRL King, so that can only mean one thing, they didnt care about scores

most of the T:V community will be made up of members (including actual members and vets) from www.tribalwar.com, so im guessing that not many players will actually care about score (but the newbies that just started playing a Tribes game for the first time, in that case T:V).

If you're a good MAer then i guess you have an advantage, because someone that likes to MA will chase/kill more with disc, and those players will get style points, rather than someone who uses chaingun instead, they too will probably get some style points for the accuracy, but a MA is much more impressive than a cg kill.

My point: Only newbies care about points
wrong.
wrong.
wrong.
wrong.

Congratulations for your post of worthless made up statistics and chained fallacies in logic.

Whether you play for points or for wins you are simply playing for a number on a computer screen. The only difference is one represents a score that you have control over (your score), and the other represents a score that you have much less control over (team's score). I dont know how someone can say that a team's score is more important than a person's score.

Personally, I'd rather play on a team of noobs and get a bunch of action/kills than play on a team of elite players and sit on my ass and do nothing. For me, winning is often times more boring than losing. And all I care about is having fun; so therefore I play for personal points more than team points. Is there something wrong with that philosophy? Someone please explain to me why I should care more about my team winning than having fun?

Last edited:
Void|deadjawa said:
Whether you play for points or for wins you are simply playing for a number on a computer screen. The only difference is one represents a score that you have control over (your score), and the other represents a score that you have much less control over (team's score). I dont know how someone can say that a team's score is more important than a person's score.

the team's score is more important b/c we are playing CTF not deathmatch.

afex said:
the team's score is more important b/c we are playing CTF not deathmatch.
So therefore, because we are playing CTF I should hinge my feeling of success and accomplishment on the wings of my teammates? Sorry, I dont see that logic.

Void|deadjawa said:
So therefore, because we are playing CTF I should hinge my feeling of success and accomplishment on the wings of my teammates? Sorry, I dont see that logic.
You're getting extremely defensive over something completely based on opinion. Take your hate somewhere else. It is a stupid argument.

And yes, if your team loses CTF, you've lost. No matter how many personal points you have. That's how the game works. If you want to feel a sense of accomplishment from your high score, that's fine. But your team still lost.

Void|deadjawa said:

well seeing how this is tribes which is completely based around teamplay and not individualism, its not too hard to wrap your head around.

Colosus said:
You're getting extremely defensive over something completely based on opinion. Take your hate somewhere else. It is a stupid argument.

And yes, if your team loses CTF, you've lost. No matter how many personal points you have. That's how the game works. If you want to feel a sense of accomplishment from your high score, that's fine. But your team still lost.
Hold on here, where did I hate?

afex said:
well seeing how this is tribes which is completely based around teamplay and not individualism, its not too hard to wrap your head around.
Then how come people bitched when T2 forced people to have teamwork? Why did people bitch about the removal of "cowboy" tactics?

Void|deadjawa said:
Then how come people bitched when T2 forced people to have teamwork? Why did people bitch about the removal of "cowboy" tactics?

b/c playing "cowboy" does not mean playing for personal points. it means capping (usually) without the direct forced help of teammates. they are playing for caps aka TEAM POINTS.

afex said:
b/c playing "cowboy" does not mean playing for personal points. it means capping (usually) without the direct forced help of teammates. they are playing for caps aka TEAM POINTS.
Still, if the point of CTF is only for your team to win, then why would it make any difference if you cap with 1 person or with 8? Why have people bitched about not being able to do anything alone?

Back