News: SkyPony Revealed!

Tycho said:
its more the principle of saying they dont want to waste time and resources on putting something into the game and then following up with a predictable, pointless, and entirely unfunny april fools joke like this. It doesnt matter how much time or money it cost, it's that it cost it to the detriment of the game.

I think you just have sand in your pussy for getting duped.

Tycho said:
its more the principle of saying they dont want to waste time and resources on putting something into the game and then following up with a predictable, pointless, and entirely unfunny april fools joke like this. It doesnt matter how much time or money it cost, it's that it cost it to the detriment of the game.

And I'm saying to even begin to quantify that detriment is pointless and absurd. I doubt that this waste - even if this joke was done on work time - had any effect on the outcome of the game. In fact, I bet if you did quantify the time used in creating this joke, you'd discover that there was absolutely nothing lost. I doubt anyone shirked any other responsibility for this April Fool's joke.

I agree that it isn't a big deal and it didn't really have anything to do with the actual game development, but after all the fuss over time, bottom line is it doesn't set the best of examples.

No, it isnt a big deal, which is why I stated it was the principle that I disagree with, even though I know people on TW love arguing points that have nothing to do with the discussion.

I would rather see every effort devoted to making T:V better, and completing things before schedule so the extra time and resources could be spent on, oh, the TL.

Tycho said:
No, it isnt a big deal, which is why I stated it was the principle that I disagree with, even though I know people on TW love arguing points that have nothing to do with the discussion.

I would rather see every effort devoted to making T:V better, and completing things before schedule so the extra time and resources could be spent on, oh, the TL.
That's great, but this argument does not belong in this thread as it is totally irrelevent.

FoxMcCloud said:
I agree that it isn't a big deal and it didn't really have anything to do with the actual game development, but after all the fuss over time, bottom line is it doesn't set the best of examples.

What example? It's an April Fool's joke. Not a smidge of game time was wasted. He probably did this at home, on Wednesday after work.

Tycho said:

are you fudgeing thick?

What do you think thrax would be doing during the time he made this interview?

Would he be calling up KP to tell him to put the TL in?

no

Would he be personally designing and implementing the TL?

no

Did he delay other responsibilities to do this?

most likely, no. Thrax can't put every effort into doing T:V ALL the time. There is simply not enough stuff to do to fill up a 24 hour day. He supervises the team, and thus his schedule is made around what the devs are doing. I'd tell you how thrax could be more productive: he'd stop responding to idiots like you about the TL and the never-ending spam of hyperbole and overreactions.

I'm beginning to wonder if the majority of tribalwar posters have the brain capacity to do anything more than turn every single issue into a nitpicking debate.

Zoolooman said:
What example? It's an April Fool's joke. Not a smidge of game time was wasted. He probably did this at home, on Wednesday after work.

Yeah you're probably right, I just found a miniscule bit of potential irony in this whole thing and figured I'd point it out.

Um this was obviously done for publicity, and considering the number of readers that IGN has, I would expect that it was quite worthwhile and successful for T:V marketing. :shrug:

Rabid Poop said:
are you fudgeing thick?

What do you think thrax would be doing during the time he made this interview?

Would he be calling up KP to tell him to put the TL in?

no

Would he be personally designing and implementing the TL?

no

Did he delay other responsibilities to do this?

most likely, no. Thrax can't put every effort into doing T:V ALL the time. There is simply not enough stuff to do to fill up a 24 hour day. He supervises the team, and thus his schedule is made around what the devs are doing. I'd tell you how thrax could be more productive: he'd stop responding to idiots like you about the TL and the never-ending spam of hyperbole and overreactions.

I'm beginning to wonder if the majority of tribalwar posters have the brain capacity to do anything more than turn every single issue into a nitpicking debate.

Ive made one passing reference to the TL in all my posts, and that was merely an ironic example. Im done arguing with people that think typing swear words in a filtered forum, repeating themselves, and bringing up things that have been answered directly.

And if this was done for PR's sake, why not have the marketing guy do it? Does he even exist since TW made fun of him, or what?

Tycho said:
Ive made one passing reference to the TL in all my posts, and that was merely an ironic example. Im done arguing with people that think typing swear words in a filtered forum, repeating themselves, and bringing up things that have been answered directly.

I addressed your other complaints besides TL.

I think the reason everyone is repeating themselves is because we're trying to get the logic into your thick skull.

You have absolutely no basis for your arguement.

Back