KP, Thrax, how does it feel.

Afterimage said:
Before Marweas left, I hadn't seen too many Thrax posts. With each one I think I <3 him more. Vote initiated to make Thrax the new Marweas*.
Holy poop! No way. I still own my soul.

Thrax Panda said:
Holy poop! No way. I still own my soul.
Let's be real... either Sierra owns it or we do. To get Sierra's loyalty you have to devote at least 1/3 of your life every weekday, to get ours you just need to throw us a Tribes t-shirt and put up with/deliver a little smacktalk in the forums. And maybe let a little T:V info leak from your fingertips. :)

Will their be an open beta thrax I have not kept up on the TV news so I don't know if this was covered or not? The major reason why T2 never took off was the constant software error problems that began from the begining. The software still is buggy even now. That is the single most reason why T1 players gave upp on T2...As the game was so far away from T1 in mechanics that combined with the gliches and shazbotty patches that never were tested and broken promises from Dev's who knew the game didn't work at all period was enough to make most of us say fudge it and go back to T1 or move on to other better games.

So, tribes is like busting inside, tribes 2 is like an extra thick rubber condom full of holes and T:V is like an extra sensitive trojan?

No. IMO T:V is much better than Tribes. I know the jaded hard core from both T1 and T2 will disagree, but I spent about 2 hours today just cruising around the map playing with some of the new toys that you have and haven't seen and it's just really good stuff. Just driving the Rover around is fun, and it's still a bit messed up (flips too easy). The stuff you haven't seen is simply fun beyond expression.

But like I said, there are certainly those T1 people who won't be happy unless the physics are pong old and you need a doctorate in jet-pack to fly up onto a building.

I remember that feeling. Jade can be polished until it shines though. Take Andrew and Hudbot for T1 (Tribes Scripting forum).

Nonetheless, I'm harboring no grudges against any wild T:V design decisions. In fact, I deeply desire T:V is different from the last two games. The last thing I want people to ask is, "What's different? Why should I buy this when I can play T1 or T2?"

"It's different!" and "Single player!" are the only two answers I have.

A lot of ppl will complain at start I think, but really c'mon. Personally i don't want T1 nor T2 with new graphics, personally I want some innovating stuff that keeps you hooked to the game for a very long time again ;)

Thrax Panda said:
But like I said, there are certainly those T1 people who won't be happy unless the physics are pong old and you need a doctorate in jet-pack to fly up onto a building.

All those years of studying jetpacking at the University of Tribes State are all gone to waste? THANKS ALOT!@#!@

the only things i want to make sure of:
-that i will never have to see my desktop during a match unless i choose to press the QUIT button.
-that my computer won't get slower and slower the longer ive been playing the game
-that it will run like butter on a p4 2.4ghz, 512mb pc3200, 9600xt, on winxp pro
-that the game name will be changed from tribes: vengeance to tribes: funk like marweas promised me many moons ago :)

Last edited:
Speaking of doctorates in Jack-Pack I still remember the first day of playing "Training Mission 1" and just tyring to navigate the platforms to the switch.... ahhh, yes to be a newbie again where the simplist of tasks are damn near impossible.

Thrax Panda said:
No. IMO T:V is much better than Tribes. I know the jaded hard core from both T1 and T2 will disagree, but I spent about 2 hours today just cruising around the map playing with some of the new toys that you have and haven't seen and it's just really good stuff. Just driving the Rover around is fun, and it's still a bit messed up (flips too easy). The stuff you haven't seen is simply fun beyond expression.

Thrax in a Vehicle!?!?!?!!?!?!!?

It is about time you stepped over to my side of the fence

How does that pod feel?

Thrax Panda said:
... I fully anticipate that people will hate me for a week after beta starts. If they still hate me a month later I'm moving to Aruba.

unfortunatley most gamers attention span, well there isnt any. if they dont have their instant gratification then.....

what were we talking about? lol

Back