[request]Minedisc on T:V

I only read page one.

I honestly loved MD'ing. I played LD and I capped quite often. There isn't a better feeling in the world then discing or nading a LD as he is tossing the nade.

On some maps to avoid that I had to toss the mine high up in the air to avoid the clearing and time it so well its within the disc explosion radius to detonate it. This wasn't a easy thing to so consistently.

Currently with game play the way it is a medium takes way to much damage to take on one on one. They can get disc'ed and naded and still get away. You have to either have help or BB the guy to stop them cold. The nice thing with the MD was it gave a single LD the ability to get the job done, but it came at a risk.

Validuz said:
Hmmm, well, it seems Detective Dipshit Haggis has stumbled his way into this thread, and decided to reply without actually reading. Please tell me where I said I "wouldn't play competition" (or TV for that matter).

I feel sorry for morons like you... because at least with me, some people agree and some people don't. You on the other hand, are just constantly ridiculed and mocked over at TWL for being a moron, and I can see why now.

lol, oh no they are calling him names on TWL.

I actually agree with ZOD when he says that mine-discing is/was a lazy option in regards to D-ing. But in the same breath I agree with Validuz in that it was a nessecary evil to cope with the speed of capping in Classic. It was a quick workaround/solution to the capping speed that seemed to be re-added to Classic because it had precedence in its existence in T1. I'm sure that given time people could have come up with a solution to the speed of cappers using the existing options available, its just that by then mine-discing was so easy and readily available that people didn't need to, it was laziness. Much like people's adaptation to new maps for example (this also is carried over to adapting to T:V), its too much effort to adapt to a new map that doesnt suit the prevailing play style in competition at the moment (e.g. multiple spawn points, non-standard flag stands). Once someones or a group's play style is set they are unwilling to master new tactics/ways of playing.

People's unwillingness to adapt to do without their precious mine-disc or adapt their play style is just a symptom of the disease that is laziness. Yet rather than admit that, they tend to argue that the new playstyle/decision/map is wrong to justify their laziness to themselves and to hide it from others.

Of course people are free to dislike the games as a whole with valid reasons, but to say that mine-discing is one of the mainstays of Tribes gamplay/intrinsic to play is ludicrous.

On a related note, stop bashing people who you don't recognise for being a newbs... As far as I know ExitJudas has been around in the Euro scene for ages. He's been in top3 teams in Europe since the release of T2, infact I think that MnO was number 1 at one point. Just cos he doesn't whore US-centric tribes forums doesn't make his input less worthy because he doesn't have a subscript 4 after his membership rating.

Last edited:
It was used in T1 to combat HO mainly. It was used in T2 Classic because people whined and got their way (majority vote). It is not needed in Classic and I was against putting it in. There is the option in the latest Classic version to turn it off if the server op is so inclined.

what cracks me up is the players that say that MDing is balanced in the gameplay ... my question is this ... how can an item that was not designed into a game (a by product of resourceful playing in T1) considered balanced in the gameplay when it was not added as a game feature by the DEVs? Yes it was added in T2 Classic because of the complaining, oh well, but how can you say it was well balanced, it wasn’t even suppose to be there. Like deploying mines in mid air, sure a good defense move, but a bug/exploit nonetheless. My problem with MDing is it has become such a "must use" staple weapon that everyone and their brothers’ sister tries to use it. It has become such a crutch/spewing move that it's tiresome to watch. There is really no skill involved, and it's such a powerful maneuver. So please … stop saying it was a balanced part of the game .. because it wasn’t, it was a mistake that was corrected in the development of T2.

In T:V, yes you have the speed, but you also can take out a player much easier, HO or LD, because the weapons are much simpler to use. Having MDing in T:V would be overpowering and also become another crutch weapon. It doesn't belong there, and the DEVs know it. Let it go.

Last edited:
No MD.

HO allready seem to get taken out now with just 2 disc's head on. You get 1 scrape on the way in, and 2 disc's even close by end it.. if anything tone down the damage the HO take.

I shattered my glass Icemat (it's a mousepad made of frosted glass) with my hand last week because I was so pissed. HO is nearly useless on a 1 entrance base like winterlake.

americanjoe said:
what cracks me up is the players that say that MDing is balanced in the gameplay ... my question is this ... how can an item that was not designed into a game (a by product of resourceful playing in T1) considered balanced in the gameplay when it was not added as a game feature by the DEVs? Yes it was added in T2 Classic because of the complaining, oh well, but how can you say it was well balanced, it wasn’t even suppose to be there. Like deploying mines in mid air, sure a good defense move, but a bug/exploit nonetheless. My problem with MDing is it has become such a "must use" staple weapon that everyone and their brothers’ sister tries to use it. It has become such a crutch/spewing move that it's tiresome to watch. There is really no skill involved, and it's such a powerful maneuver. So please … stop saying it was a balanced part of the game .. because it wasn’t, it was a mistake that was corrected in the development of T2.

In T:V, yes you have the speed, but you also can take out a player much easier, HO or LD, because the weapons are much simpler to use. Having MDing in T:V would be overpowering and also become another crutch weapon. It doesn't belong there, and the DEVs know it. Let it go.

The devs for T1 thought medium would be the most common armor.

They knew about skiiing and chose to leave it in, but they never thought it would become what it is. The did not envision the speed that the game would eventually be played with.

I like the MD. It does require a little extra skill, admittedly not much, and if the game plays as being unbalanced towards the offense, adding the MD could assist. If the game doesn't need it, then OK.

easy resolution to all mine problems on the flags: cappers, once the enemy flag is in sight, disc the flag yourself before you get there. big freakin whoop.

Back