how will open beta be available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
daPhoenix said:
Any other ways you'd like to give us the middle finger, Sierra boys?

Out of curisioty, does any of the Sierra guys have the balls to come out and say they're still doing the game because the enjoy it and want to give something back to the players who have stuck this long playing the series or because they're just in it for the money? :grimreape
waah
do you have a job that you perform for fun? or do you go to work every day for the paycheck? get with the real world.

Sh33p said:
It's still a completely retarded decision that only seems to be of benefit to fileplanet which kind of begs the question who menzo is marketing for.

I really do fail to see how this is in the best interests of promoting T:V :shrug:

Apart from that it's a huge slap in the face to the existing community, lets face it, the people that download from fp aren't going to be reporting bugs and beta testing so it's another week wasted of valuable testing time.
maybe they are getting a kickback. heck, i'd rather send $5 or whatever to ig and have them mail it or host their own download server. that way i know where my monies are going.

I haven't seen anywhere in this thread, posted by a DEV, that the one week exclusive to FP will be for paying members of FP. Would a DEV please clear this up for everyone?

Fool said:
It's still open even if you had to pay $1000 to get into it. Anyone can get in. Where in the word "open" is the word "free" located?

Um no.

I'll say this again for all you slow folks. The reason why isn't the issue. If it were really about bugs then they would use the beta applications and pick people with specific hardware/software configurations. This "open" beta is about promoting the game, no problem. I understand the why, I just think it wrong.
I don't think I should have to support a flawed system just to test a game I like.

I resent the fact that they said "There will be an open beta available to everyone*"

*except for those who don't pay, they have to wait.

open=everyone

open!=everyone who pays

KillerONE said:
Eventually, people will understand that stuff on the Internet doesn't default to FREE.

People will realize that like every service you provide, it costs somebody money. That money in the REAL world is recouped, cause people pay for said service. The Internet has a horrible reputation that everything is free.

Bleh.. Ignorance is bliss.

/end rant
Except that's not the issue, KillerONE. Instead of not exclusively releasing it to any and every site that would willingly host it and distribute it for free, they decide to take FP's blood money and keep it exclusive there. There is really no reason for it other than greed, but hey that's how business works right? It's not like it would ever cost VUG bandwidth to release the beta.

Please, please tone down on the godforsaken fanboyism.

Yeah G1ZM0, i'm sure the open beta has nothing to do with the state that t2 was released in.....nothing at all. Having a closed beta for t2 really worked wonders for that games release state, didn't it?

Wow. Ok.

It's called been mutally beneficial for both parties. Or you could call it a BUSINESS relationship.

This has nothing to do with being a fanboy, but nice try.

You aren't being REQUIRED to pay for anything. Wait a week and your little wish of a free beta will come true. Otherwise, stfu.

Scorpion said:
GREAT!

We have to PAY to BETA test the game now!

Does anyone still remember what BETA TESTING is? Haha I doubt it.

Why do you think this is happening? Because Vivendi loves Fileplanet?

It´s all about...

Code:
    $$        $$         $$         $$         $$     
   $$$$$$    $$$$$$     $$$$$$     $$$$$$     $$$$$$  
 $$$$$$$$  $$$$$$$$   $$$$$$$$   $$$$$$$$   $$$$$$$$  
$$$ $$    $$$ $$     $$$ $$     $$$ $$     $$$ $$     
 $$$$$$$   $$$$$$$    $$$$$$$    $$$$$$$    $$$$$$$   
   $$$$$$    $$$$$$     $$$$$$     $$$$$$     $$$$$$  
    $$ $$$    $$ $$$     $$ $$$     $$ $$$     $$ $$$ 
 $$$$$$$$   $$$$$$$$   $$$$$$$$   $$$$$$$$   $$$$$$$$ 
$$$$$$$    $$$$$$$    $$$$$$$    $$$$$$$    $$$$$$$   
    $$        $$         $$         $$         $$
And the thing is, it has to be an absolutely pathetic amount of money. I can't imagine them getting more than $20k or so for doing this.

G1ZM0 said:
I resent the fact that they said "There will be an open beta available to everyone*"

*except for those who don't pay, they have to wait.

It will still be available to you. Nowhere in their "There will be an open beta available to everyone" does it say when it will be available to everyone. They have made no reversal. It will still be available to everyone. What you're pissed about is having to wait longer than other testers, which is purely up to IG when and where they allow people to join.

Once again, Sand + Vagina = j00.

KillerONE said:
Wow. Ok.

It's called been mutally beneficial for both parties. Or you could call it a BUSINESS relationship.

This has nothing to do with being a fanboy, but nice try.

You aren't being REQUIRED to pay for anything. Wait a week and your little wish of a free beta will come true. Otherwise, stfu.
And who gets screwed? The gamers (and yes I'm overdramatizing this). The fanboyism comes from the fact that I have NEVER seen you disagree with anything anyone does from the development team. You are the biggest fricken brown noser in existence. Just gets on my nerves after awhile that you are incapable of having your own opinion.

Menzo obviously knew this was going to alienate gamers, but it doesn't matter because FP's chump change is better than no change at all. And I'm sure his wonderful marketing research has shown that it will have no effect on the real open beta downloads, or on actual sales. It's basically them treating us like dogshazbot, that's where the issue arises. But they know they can because we'll buy the game anyway. :bigthumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back