Next expansion rumors (Cataclysm?)

So the humans manage to capture and subdue Thrall, but a bunch of goblins is all it takes to free him?

Seriously?

gnome druids are the only thing that would bring me back to wow

Sure, let's give druids as many escape mechanics as possible. On the off-chance your shapeshifting fails just pop Escape Artist and win.

These rumors trigger a big huge DUH for me now. I mean they experimented with phasing technology in Wrath here and there, but now they are probably at the point it is stable now so they can afford to use it more. The bulk of this new expansion can simply be phased for the classic crowd will still see the old world as it is but the but the rest of us will see the changes/destruction. Assuming they have an exception for shit like changing Azshara, splitting the Barrens in two, etc.

I would miss Azshara though, it was the most pointlessly fun zones there was. You go in for MC shit (waterlords) out in the middle of fucking nowhere and everyone had to go there for their lvl 50 class quest.

How would your shapeshifting fail, Feannag?

Like if you miss the button or something? And then you are suddenly magically locked out from pressing said button again for a few seconds?

Yeah gnomedruids would be a total waste of racials, like NErogues were before the utter chaos that shadowmeld now is.

Gnome hunters on the other hand ...

Unless thrall "knew it was going to happen" or "it was planned" or some bullshit, thats not gonna happen.

Thrall is to awesome

If you watched you'd be aware Thrall is in some sense mildly naive to humans though. I could see humans luring Thrall into a trap, using mages to subdue his shamanistic powers of awesome.

And in hindsight this could be a good thing. I mean the whole time in classic the nations were re-building after the Second War. No one had resources or armies. The kingdom of Lordaeron was decimated by the Scourge and was Quel'Thalas. Thrall was still leading his escaped orcs across the sea to Kalimdor. Cairne was fighting a seemingly losing war against the centaur clans, to the point he couldn't secure a place to settle his people. And Sylvanas was more or less at a crossroad trying to find a place for her now freed people.

Years pass, as the adventurer population find and thwart many threats to their respective peoples' security (Defias, Twilight's Hammer, Burnign Legion agents, etc.) the population starts to settle in and rebuild. And even when outlands was reopened Thrall finds more of his people untouched by the blood curse and they find new people and allies in the shattered world.

By the time the Arthas is defeated, the nations have built and stabilized so much so they have raised massive armies to campaign in Northrend, and the cold roof of the world and fighting the Scourge left them every experienced. Without an obvious threat, the Alliance and Horde devolve into open warfare as there are nor evils to fight and they now both have standing and battle-hardened armies.

How would your shapeshifting fail, Feannag?

Like if you miss the button or something? And then you are suddenly magically locked out from pressing said button again for a few seconds?

I'm saying druids have enough escape mechanics they don't need Escape Artist to be a fail-safe to a fail-safe. I'm sure something would happen along the lines of the gayness that is NE druids shadowmelding/flying off when they can't win.

Last edited:
Why do people think this is a copout? I think it's pretty neat that they're redoing the old world, especially making it so people can use their flying mounts. Instead of endgame, which they already have a lot of polish on, they're fixing up the leveling game. Or do you just think the new races they chose were the lazy part? I think it's a better idea than trying to shoehorn in something new.

i think suicidal crazy goblin fucks are awesome for the horde. they'll probably have +engineering...i can't think of what else they'd get.

Iczer, we should do 3's next tourney. I don't know what comp would work best with us since I don't know your familiarities :(.

I'd be up for it, our one teammate is always emo and never wants to do the tourny because he says there's no point since we won't win. He's no fun.

Back