Ulduar

At the Ulduar and VoA entrance, there were at last 10 different guilds waiting to get in last night. Usually, 2-3 people constantly zoning in and out just to try to get an instance.

we managed to get down FL, Razor and XT through the lag, but Ignis was unplayable because there was too much lag to be able to heal the pot person, and reliably move the adds around ... ended up calling it once it reached 5-10s lag point

We've had maybe 6 hours of playable Ulduar between 2:30 AM and 5:30 AM the past two nights.

Flame Leviathan was a 1 shot without explaining the fight, we didn't know his trash would start the encounter. Razorscale and Ignis took us for a ride once we figured out the trash, but we didn't down either. Deconstructor was fairly easy once we figured out the fight. We left off at Kologarn after 3 really solid attempts, everyone was tired :eek:

This is 10man after our normal raid hours... our 25 spent a total of 15 minutes inside Ulduar, gg Mal'Ganis.

Ignis, General and Yogg Saron left.

Mimiron has been by far the hardest and most entertaining fight for me so far.

once you get past the server problems everything in ulduar is really easy. my initial feeling is that the zone is unimpressive given the amount of time it's been since blizzard put in a brand new raid instance but i'm waiting until we can get into some of the later hard-mode fights before i pass any judgment.

i can see what blizzard is going after with the raid content in this expansion. it is kind of fun being able to take down new bosses right away. we had almost 30 people stay up until 5am last night because we were plowing through all the ezmode bosses.
I agree with this, though I do find the zone impressive because there's so many different abilities mobs have. Right now even some of the trash is fun, especially when we pull and find out what shit does later (like AOE'ing the elemental/revenant packs leading to Hodir, or first pulling the mobs before Kalagorn that jump and stomp on you).

XT-002 Deconstructor was the best tuned boss we've tried so far, but it was also probably the most fun to learn. We don't spend as much time as most guilds raiding and we've downed 6 or 7 bosses now and nearly had a Hodir kill tonight but we'd been in there almost 4 hours so the raid was called. An alliance guild on our server posted on the realm forums saying they were in there 9 hours each of the last 2 days and planned on doing the same tonight. To me, that's a job.

Yeah, was fun :D

Did our single target DPS get boost'd smaq? I noticed a definate DPS increase on single target mobs, AOE is still :lol: mind sear and top meters

I'm playing with a shithouse ping at an air force base in san antonio (until may, woot) and its like my dps was boosted a bit ;o

Finally got a solid raid night in. We killed Razorscale last night after the instance was fucked for about 2 hours. Killed XT and Assembly of Iron tonight. XT was pretty tough and is pretty tightly tuned. The trash leading up to Assembly of Iron was harder than the actual boss.

Our 22k wipe on Deconstructor was fun:
http://xs138.xs.to/xs138/09165/wowscrnshot_041609_220909974.jpg

Our server is finally stable enough to get in the damn instance. Killed the vehicle dude, razorscale, and XT in three hours.

The first two took a single attempt each. XT was a huge cock block. One of our wipes was with 1.8k hp in his bar... :stab: We finally got him down but it took forever.

Went into 10 tonight; 1 shot FL, as said before, unaware that trash started him. Probably could have done a tower or two up, as we only used 1 nuke and didn't do any panels.

Tried razorscale and ignis.
Razorscale we had... difficulties. Had to pull in one of our mediocre druids to OT, who was fucking around and not getting the adds quick enough. Also me and the other mage were unaware that the casters could be poly'd, so the whole raid was taking major damage. Is anyone aware of them changing his ability list for 10, because he was casting his 25 ability, fireball (which hits for 10-12k), constantly and quite often doubling up on one target, effectively killing them. And even when that didn't happen, our clothies went down frequently due to chain lightning/fireball/devouring flames overlaps. We never made it to final phase because the damage racked up so quickly that most people went down by the second ground phase.

Ignis will be easy, (a different) OT wasn't holding the constructs in the scorch long enough. Otherwise, ignis should be easy.

Had to call it at that though, druid OT got something stuck in his ass and dropped raid, and a healer had to log.

Up to this point we have been dragging some of our less than good players along. I strongly believe we will be trimming the fat at this point.

Last edited:
Im pretty glad work has been keeping me busy, from what Ive heard of stability issues since the patch. Humbling the incompetent is always a bonus of new content.

got down FL, but then random bits of lag coupled with us only having 5 healers and one druid tank that we had respec to resto wearing random bits of gear prevented us from moving on

It was interesting seeing which of our healers stayed on top of their game, and which ones got lazy and complacent with Naxx.

As usual, the healers that I and the other arena whores have managed to drag into PvP consistently performed well, and most of the PvE whores were slow on the uptake.

Back