PATCH DAY!!!

Even the other services are broken. Was trying to do a paid transfer, got errors, then it was unavailable. Now it is available and it still errors. I really hope Lich King isn't going to be like this, it's pretty embarassing for a publisher like VU and a developer like Blizzard to muck up like this four years into it and with profits pretty much in the yellow side of stupid.

so we chain pulled through BT, was doing over 3400dps on Gorefiend and Sharaz... we killed Illidan without getting a single Demonphase. This is fucking pathetic. Sunwell tomorrow, I imagine it will be equally pathetic.

fuckyeamohawk.jpg

so we chain pulled through BT, was doing over 3400dps on Gorefiend and Sharaz... we killed Illidan without getting a single Demonphase. This is fucking pathetic. Sunwell tomorrow, I imagine it will be equally pathetic.

It's kind of expected at this point. Blizzard wants EVERYONE to experience all the end game content, mainly I suspect to keep people from cancelling because they can't see end-game or to tell their friends how cool it is and to play too. But on the flip side you have the hardcore raiders who probably make up a significant portion of the subscriber base.

If you make it easy for everyone, the hardcore raiders will piss and moan and possibly quit because they lose their elite e-peen status. And if you make it too hard then you won't allow room for new growth for the casuals to think it keen enough to get their friends in on it.

So the compromise is to dumb down endgame content just prior to not being endgame ie. a month before the new shit comes out. Hardcores get to keep their e-peen, the casuals get to gush to their friends about how cool it is to kill Illidan and Kil'jaeden and encourage them to play too.

If Blizzard follows what they did in BC, 30 seconds after WotLK comes out all that epic gear will be tossed aside for the first greens people pick up. I remember guild mates who had spent all their time raiding MC and other end game instances (I joined WoW rather late) gushing over quest reward gear out of Thrallmar.

If Blizzard follows what they did in BC, 30 seconds after WotLK comes out all that epic gear will be tossed aside for the first greens people pick up. I remember guild mates who had spent all their time raiding MC and other end game instances (I joined WoW rather late) gushing over quest reward gear out of Thrallmar.

Uh, MC gear should have lasted well into the late 60s.

But yeah, you're point is taken. And that's what happens with expansions and level cap extensions. The gear has to get better.

- ret pallies are so broken
- new shadow engine looks nice
- some addons borked
- mutilate specs seem overrated atm
- evis rocks now
- i don't like the feel of the new, fluid energy regen system for some reason

- ret pallies are so broken

where were you when all this bitching was done in the PTR and in WOTLK beta?

OP at 70, balanced at 80, and blizz doesn't care ;/

i like the new regen system, i like the spellpower/haste changes, just wish the world server wouldn't go down all the time, trying to finish inscripting :(

Last edited:
so I learned all my pets/mounts last night and I log on this morning and hit shift-p and I have none!

Happened to me last night on my rogue, and everyone was all, "It's in the pet tab!". I'm so demoralized by losing not only my epic flyer but both my brewfest rams and the RAF Zevhra I can't play her right now.

Also I was trying to go paid transfers, and here's how the approval times have gone. All times are EST:

8pm last night - 2 hours.
9pm last night - 3 hours.
10pm last night - 4 hours.
11pm last night - 5 hours.
10am this morning - 8 hours.

I'm trying to figure out what is going on here. Mainly if it's normal for one cog in the WoW machine (login floods with new patch) seem to inadvertently break the other cogs (like the paid transfer service) or is it actually so many people moving around.

Yeah, things are crazy. We did a ZA unbear run with 8 minutes to spare with broken addons and goofy specs, and we are NOT good players.

Back