Sierra shutting down legacy multiplayer incl. Starsiege:Tribes

Fucking mother fuckers. It amazes me to this day that how almost every time I get into a good game and start chatting with the good players i encounter, just how many of them played tribes.

Its the end of a legacy. A sad era for competitive gaming. Look at where the genre is going now. Companies are extremely focused on matching players to "equal" players so noobs can feel good about themselves that server browsing is now a negative thing. You learn Tribes by thoroughly getting your ass kicked, repeatedly.

It was a masterpiece. Will be a martyr.

(And yes that includes all the virgins and whatnot.)

To be expected. The game is almost 9 years old. I'm surprised they supported it this long.

is there anyway we can find what board or persons is responsible for this decision and possibly their home or children's addresses

===

humans are, by definition, irrational

They are also stupid and mean. This is why I am going to the basement thread now to talk about the last 22 years of my life.

Fucking mother fuckers. It amazes me to this day that how almost every time I get into a good game and start chatting with the good players i encounter, just how many of them played tribes.

Its the end of a legacy. A sad era for competitive gaming. Look at where the genre is going now. Companies are extremely focused on matching players to "equal" players so noobs can feel good about themselves that server browsing is now a negative thing. You learn Tribes by thoroughly getting your ass kicked, repeatedly.

It was a masterpiece. Will be a martyr.

(And yes that includes all the virgins and whatnot.)
the catch with the virgins is they're all nanoclones of orbital 123 :(

Back