how to use browser irc, precious? by Goshin - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page how to use browser irc, precious?
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
1 - 01-20-2010, 15:35
i'm on some computer that wont dl things to it, so need browser based irc, and the tw sign in ****

BECAUSE I WANT TO SPILL MY GUTS TO PEOPLE, BUT NOT THE INTERNET SITE

******s

Sponsored Links
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 01-20-2010, 15:36
here let me gooogle that for you except not.

T-Good
Banned
Old
3 - 01-20-2010, 15:36
jwirc.com

Ascoe
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 01-20-2010, 15:37
chatzilla extension for firefox

okay just click here

tribalwar TribalWar - Online Chat - irc2go.com

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
5 - 01-20-2010, 15:39
yay ascoe!

Vee
VeteranX
Old
6 - 01-20-2010, 15:48
i don't understand why chrome doesn't support java

jonb
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 01-20-2010, 15:53
Java and Google Chrome Browser

Vee
VeteranX
Old
8 - 01-20-2010, 16:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb View Post
Java and Google Chrome Browser
sweet!

where's the tutorial for registering a nick? haven't been on in a few years...

jonb
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 01-20-2010, 16:50

Thingfish
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 01-20-2010, 16:53
Let me Google, then copy and paste that for you:

NickServ Core Commands: /msg nickserv

In IRC there are a number of commands that are useful to know and a few that are absolutely essential. Below you will find a list of those commands, an explanation of what they are for and how to use them. IMPORTANT: note that all commands begin with a forward slash, / (the one beneath your question mark on your keyboard) , and begin at the start of a new line. There can be no characters in front of the first / or the command will fail.

PROPERLY entered commands are visible only to you, even though they may appear in the same window as your conversations. Whereas IMPROPERLY entered commands will not only not work they may be also be visible to everyone in the chat room. Please take care in entering your commands, especially those that contain passwords..

The first command set you need to learn are those that deal with nickserv. Nickserv is a program running on the IRC server that keeps track of who is online and what their nicknames, or handles, are. The first thing you should do upon entering IRC for the first time is secure a unique nickname for yourself and register it with nickserv. When that nickname is then secured with a password no one else will able to use that nickname even when you’re not online. To begin you need to find out if your desired nickname (referred to as a nick) is already registered by someone else. If it is you will have to choose another one.

Checking Your Nick’s Availability:

type the following command on a new line then hit your ENTER key, do not include the brackets < >

/nick

If your name changes to that nick and you do NOT get a warning fom nickserv < it may take a minute for the warning to appear > that the name belongs to someone else then you may proceed to register your new nick as follows below. If, however you are warned that someone else has that name and are asked for a password you will need to choose a different name.

Registering Your Nick

type the following command on a new line then hit your ENTER key, do not include the brackets < >

/msg nickserv REGISTER

Setting KILL on

Now that you have registered your password you will need to protect it so that no one else can use it. To do that you must set KILL on. When you do that nickserve will demand a password from anyone trying to use that nick. If they do not supply the password you registered the nick with then nickserv will not allow them to use that nick.

/msg nickserv SET kill on

Identify:

Occasionally nickserv will require you to identify yourself with your password. You will be given 60 seconds in which to respond with your password or else nickserv will change your name to guest To identify yourself:

/msg nickserv IDENTIFY

Ghost:

Occasionally you will lose your IRC connection and have to re-enter the network and channel (chat room). Sometimes when this happens the network has not had time to “realize” that you have left the network before you rejoin. When this happens you will not be allowed to re-enter with your nick as a “ghost” with that nick is still seen as being on the network. To remove that ghost and allow yourself to use your nick you need to:

/msg nickserv GHOST ;

Info:

This command will allow you to find out information on any given nick. To see what it does try this on your new nick.

/msg nickserv INFO

These are the major nickserv commands and in normal use the only ones you will likely ever use.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
11 - 01-20-2010, 23:32
wow

Killjoy
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 01-20-2010, 23:34
stfu goshin

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
13 - 01-20-2010, 23:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
stfu goshin
give me my ****ing money

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
14 - 01-20-2010, 23:37
**** it kj, lets go sailing

Killjoy
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 01-20-2010, 23:39
kinda foggy, want to come down for mardi gras?

will be ggs

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
16 - 01-20-2010, 23:46
i have no idea
i get back feb 9th
sooo *shrug*

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page how to use browser irc, precious?

Social Website Bullshit