The state of T1.

id have to say that tribes 1 is the most fun i can get out of gaming today. more than lfd, more than tf2, more than cs:s.. i've searched for something that has been able to captivate me the same way that t1 did 10 years ago (and still does today).

to all of you "tribes is dead" naysayers, :fu: go play some shitty flight simulator

try ET:QW if you want a similar sense of scale and complexity to base. If you miss the raw skill factor, try Quake Live.

try ET:QW if you want a similar sense of scale and complexity to base. If you miss the raw skill factor, try Quake Live.

I've played quake live, it's a whole lot of fun for a person who has never been a huge quake player in the past. i really hope playtribes (if it ever is released) contains the same skill placement as quakelive does so newbs are able to play against other newbs and not get completely owned..

that being said, i would love to check out ET:QW ..i've heard nothing but good things from this community.

no idea. but ernst is in singapore with a hot ass wife/fiance, i don't remember. i talked to ken (not sabre) and he's doing pretty well for himself. most of e5 is :O

i wonder what beastyman is up to though.

I'm doing well, working for Oracle and trying to get in as much snowboarding or wakeboarding as possible depending on the season.

I'll email Ernst to see if he has a backup of the E5 boobies. All my old backups of E5 webpage, boobies, demos of drunk match vs. S3, etc died on a hard drive a while back. He will probably get caned if the Singapore government finds out he has those pictures though...

I'm doing well, working for Oracle and trying to get in as much snowboarding or wakeboarding as possible depending on the season.

I'll email Ernst to see if he has a backup of the E5 boobies. All my old backups of E5 webpage, boobies, demos of drunk match vs. S3, etc died on a hard drive a while back. He will probably get caned if the Singapore government finds out he has those pictures though...
Holy shit, where have you been all my life? Glad to hear you're doing well for yourself. My sister owns a cabin on Squaw Valley in Lake Tahoe. PM me and I can get the details together if you'd like to use it ho.

I'll be applying to medical school next year. I actually went back to school for Biology & M&M. I couldn't take designing websites anymore after 2 years of that shit.

Last edited:
i imagine everything that currently makes tribes playable will not be included with playtribes, no?

PlayTribes is more or less a transparent update from 1.11. Completely revised scripts, engine updates and fixes, software mode has been replaced with openGL windowed mode, modern format support : png, zip replace pbmp,ppl,vol ( no legacy support ), script-engine updates include: datablock inheritance, function attachments, ternary operator, . concat, dereference operators, etc. ( lots of cool shit for the 10 or so modders still wasting their time ).

Back