Reload this Page Save America, Now.
Page 3 of 14
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
41 - 04-12-2010, 03:15
like i said, i'm willing to chance policy with better ideas

what do you suggest?

i'll listen to military changes and ideas as well, since i need to flesh that out better

Sponsored Links
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
42 - 04-12-2010, 03:18
on prison, what about this:
people in for life or murder go to gladiator combat. everyone else works and/or learns a trade.
after the gladiator punishment (depending on crime is how many bouts you fight in) you are then reassigned to work detail.

Shiloh
Veteran++
Old
43 - 04-12-2010, 03:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
please explain to me how harnessing the most consistent thing on earth, the tides, is more dumb than trying to use wind, which is the essence of ever changing, ever moving and shifting?
tidal power is effectively where wind power was 30+ years ago. It has gotten attention recently been possible thanks to materials advances from the oil industry put into off shore oil rigs. Its still years away from serious implementation, there are ecological effects, and fairly limited in the total amount of energy of total US need it can theoretically provide.

And your opinion of wind seems uninformed or colored by bad press of poor implementation of wind power. Wind farms in a good location with high average wind and co-located with hydro power are pretty much the most economical power sources available. The wind farms along the coloumbia river are the textbook example of good application for wind. The wind is strong and nearly always blowing thanks to the Pacific Ocean and the Cascades, and the bonneville dam effectively provides energy storage and phase correction, and then the huge amount of excess power gets transmitted down an HVDC line to SoCal.

Last edited by Shiloh; 04-12-2010 at 03:22..
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
44 - 04-12-2010, 03:24
i live in texas, we harness the most wind out of the entire U.S.
wind energy is pointless since most areas that can harness the best wind are hundreds/thousands of miles from ubran centers.

most of the world lives near the coast. OPTT and Pelamis Wave have working power generating bouys, up to 750mhz each. They are just looking for funding from governments/corps to build their bouys.
it's all been researched and vetted, just waiting on customers.

molten salt reactors with throium for nuclear power. afraid of radiation? then complain about our coal plants. they are horrible your health

also, a little radiation DAILY is actually GOOD for your body.

arcadus
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 04-12-2010, 03:25
goshin you have my vote

Swensonator
VeteranX
Old
46 - 04-12-2010, 03:27
The US power grid needs a major overhaul. That's part of the problem when it comes to implementing green energy. Wind energy has continued to become cheaper and more efficient while traditional forms of energy have become more expensive.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
47 - 04-12-2010, 03:28
true, and covered in my energy doctrine

i also read a bit on Solar Roads/Smart Grid and seemed pretty taken with the idea
Solar Roadways - A Real Solution
take a look at it, talks about fixing a lot of ****

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 04-12-2010, 03:39
/agree with most, but not all.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
49 - 04-12-2010, 03:47
oh wait i forgot a big one

Israel
Pull all funding from this first world nation. We can trade with them like normal people. They dont get more than our human space flight in AID anymore. This should help quell those in the middle east, and maybe make Israel act rationally and not be a ****ing dumb ass bully bull**** state

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 04-12-2010, 04:02
lets send congress on vacation in a plane to russia... i hear the fog is especially nice this time of year.

BurritoMan
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 04-12-2010, 04:12
Not seeing how we're supposed to return to isolationism and pay off our national debt using currency which has no value. We would have to return to a commodity standard - it can't be gold because most of what used to be our gold standard was sold off or is tied up in foreign banks.

The only reason our money has value is because we put value into foreign markets. Nothing backs our money, but no country is going to bounce a check written by the US government because of the protection we provide for the transfer of the worlds' goods and services. Because we play world police, because we use our status as a superpower and execute global force protection are we able to keep the money flowing and ensure our money has value to public or private interests around the world, even in countries that hate us, they'll still accept our money. During the Iran/Iraq war, we sent Navy ships to protect tankers in the Persian Gulf, during the Kuwait invasion, our first priority in Kuwait was to reestablish supply routes, access to the road networks, restoring Kuwait's ability to trade oil and commercial goods with us and its partners in the region. Our presence in Japan and South Korea, and our support of Taiwan directly impacts US interests through ensuring in the long term our political and economic investments see return to our markets. Our presence in Europe keeps Russia in check and our access to EU markets secure with the permanent establishment of nuclear deterrence. A nuclear armed country cannot invade a nuclear armed country, nor a country protected by one.

Every time we park a carrier off another nation's coast, that's as much an economic statement as it is a military one; US interests will remain and function undisturbed or there will be consequences. Our will be done. Our money may not have a gold standard behind it, but assurances made it'll be backed by 90,000 tons of steel.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
52 - 04-12-2010, 04:16
a great post burritoman
data has also been speaking with me on my military ideas

we have some head thinking to do

Shiloh
Veteran++
Old
53 - 04-12-2010, 04:48
Quote:
i live in texas, we harness the most wind out of the entire U.S.
wind energy is pointless since most areas that can harness the best wind are hundreds/thousands of miles from ubran centers.
irrelevant. Its not that hard to transmit power over long distances. As the cost for power electronics decreases, the cost of HVDC decreases. The wind is always blowing somewhere.

Quote:
most of the world lives near the coast. OPTT and Pelamis Wave have working power generating bouys, up to 750mhz each. They are just looking for funding from governments/corps to build their bouys.
it's all been researched and vetted, just waiting on customers.
US Dept of Energy says its flat out non-competitive, and then you have ecological impacts and more importantly, potential beach loss. Nobody with a tourism industry is going to accept ocean power if it means their beach sand dribbles away. And at best its only going to generate a tiny fraction of the energy needs. The maximum harvestable energy from tides is 450 GW, with is only 6% of the current world energy demand. At best, its nothing but an expensive and barely notable addition. At worst, its a non-starter due to cost and environmental concerns. Furthermore, most of the best sites for tidal power are in the Pacific NW, which already has low energy prices thanks to wind & hydro.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
54 - 04-12-2010, 05:04
GOD DAMMIT
i lost my ****ing post

**** you shiloh you stupid piece of ****

here's the last portion of whatever it was i had typed out

Quote:
Waves generate about 2,700 gigawatts of power. Of those 2,700 gigawatts, only about 500 gigawatts can be captured with the current technology.
Deep water wave power resources are truly enormous, between 1 TW and 10 TW, but it is not practical to capture all of this.[50] The useful worldwide resource has been estimated to be greater than 2 TW.[51][52] Locations with the most potential for wave power include the western seaboard of Europe, the northern coast of the UK, and the Pacific coastlines of North and South America, Southern Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.
o right
OPTT's turbines generate a spur in local life around its moorings, and i've not heard anything in regard to beach erosion. They get the environmentally benign seal on all studies.

What is done to assess the environmental effects of putting a system like this near the shoreline?
A comprehensive Environmental Assessment (EA) is prepared before any construction phase of a project begins. Great care is put in the planning and design phases to ensure there are no negative environmental effects.

How is the buoy anchored to the sea floor?
The PowerBuoy® is anchored on the sea bottom using a proprietary anchoring system that avoids any damage or threat to the sea bed or sea life.

Is any part of the PowerBuoy® visible above sea level?
As dictated by local marine regulations, an OPT power plant will have a few PowerBuoys® with masts that rise above the surface of the water, with navigational aids attached, such as a radar reflector, day mark, and warning light to help aid mariners in the vicinity.

How deep is the water in which the system is installed?
The buoy is designed to be deployed in approximately 100-150 feet (30-50 meters) of water.

What are the effects on fishermen in the area?
The presence of the buoys does not cause any significant restrictions to fishing. In fact, the buoys serve as an artificial reef and attract fish and other marine life. In some parts of the world, conventional buoys are deployed to serve as "Fish Attracting Devices".

How will the buoy affect sea turtles and other marine life in the area?
Possible impact on threatened or endangered species in the area by the placement of the buoys is addressed in the Environmental Assessment phase of the project. For example, in Australia, an independent study found that the OPT system had no negative impact on sea life, including migratory patterns of whales.

OPT | Ocean Power Technologies

goin to bed night

Mabelrode
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
55 - 04-12-2010, 08:20
Sounds good to me.

PropIsDead
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
56 - 04-12-2010, 08:21
Quote:
on prison, what about this:
people in for life or murder go to gladiator combat. everyone else works and/or learns a trade.
after the gladiator punishment (depending on crime is how many bouts you fight in) you are then reassigned to work detail.
you made me think of spartacus.. and now im mad that the next episode wont be out until this friday.

TeckMan
VeteranXV
Old
57 - 04-12-2010, 08:42
lol ur a fascist

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
58 - 04-12-2010, 09:27
you're a fascist and apparently you hate america to boot

Taxman
VeteranXV
Old
59 - 04-12-2010, 09:29
dotting this for later

Celchu
VeteranX
Old
60 - 04-12-2010, 09:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
/agree with most, but not all.

Page 3 of 14

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Save America, Now.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ass mode , assassinate goshin for freedom , goshin , goshin fucks men , goshin is unhappy irl , he fixed my country , i cant stop cumming , lol dude! , odio is a fucking faggot , odio is a fucking retard , put on a fucking shirt , united goshin of america , united states of goshin