[Cooking] That time again ...

Unfortunately the fettuccine was wetter than I wanted, its just means a little breaking up when it comes to the boil (not the pasta breaking up during boiling, breaking it appart because its sticking together a little before putting it in the water)

You spend more time on pasta than me for sure.

I gotta try that durum flour though. I usually just use bread flour off supermarket shelf.

I love real "hand pulled noodle/ramen in Japanese". It's just I can't make that myself as it takes a lot of practice to be able to pull many noodles by hand out of one dough.

Pasta is great but all those egg can hurt as I can't enjoy pasta as often as eggs contain too much cholesterol, that's why I move towards more "ramen" as they don't require eggs.

Chinese also has another variety, very chewy noodles, more chewy than pasta called "knife slice noodles". They taste pretty good. If you like noodles, you really should try those as they are one of the chewiest noodle I know (another one that's fairly chewy is udon)

Jesus guys. Don't put oil in the water for the pasta. Water, salt, done. If you're looking for the flavor of olive oil in a dish then add it into the dish at the end or maybe into your sauce. If you're using oil you're doing the same as rinsing the pasta off. Your sauce will not really grab on at all. Also, if you're using oil to stop boil over then you're doing it wrong. Use a bigger pot or reduce the heat a small amount.

Agreed on the high quality oil if you're going for flavor towards the end of a dish. If you're cooking with it you don't have to get fancy. Odds are you'll be cooking off most of the good taste anyways so just use a decent oil and save the good stuff for when you're really going to taste it.

this isn't something i'd want to take on without somebody to show me the ways

i like to cook and am pretty good at it, but i'll stick to my home-altered spaghetti sauce which consists of a jar of sauce from the store, and other spices + meats that i add

this isn't something i'd want to take on without somebody to show me the ways

i like to cook and am pretty good at it, but i'll stick to my home-altered spaghetti sauce which consists of a jar of sauce from the store, and other spices + meats that i add

This is just as easy ... seriously ... but tastes a whole fuckload better.

Instead of using a jar of tomato sauce you simply dice up some fresh tomato (the riper the better) and away you go more or less. You can go all out and spend a day making your own sauces to bottle to make cooking time easier, but in all honesty I spend a full day on a sunday once a month making a good spaghetti, and today is it.

Thats it, no more pics because the family is due to arrive very shortly and it will be cooked fresh and dished up immediately, no time (and too pretentious in front of the inlaws parents) but I can assure you it will be perfect.

Back