Californians might get a chance to vote on legalizing marijuana akin to alcohol.

They can pass whatever laws they want but in the eyes of DEA/Federal Government its illegal and they can arrest you and send you to jail.

right or wrong federal laws trump state laws

BTW I agree with what they are trying to accomplish
I would like some consistency from the feds on this.

the feds have jurisdiction under the commerce clause. the supreme court's view is that pot creates a market such that, even if it does not traffic in interstate commerce, it has an influence on interstate commerce and can therefore be regulated by the feds.

on the other hand, guns must be trafficked in interstate commerce *at some point in its history* in order for the feds to have jurisdiction over that weapon. if the weapon was produced in the state, and never left the state, then the feds have no jurisdiction.

the previous stand of the federal government is that endangers species, even if they never cross state lines, can influence interstate commerce to the point that the feds do have the right to regulate all endangered species nationwide. however, some conservative judges disagree with this stand...but those judges are also more anti-drug.

so wtf.

be at least consistent.

you fags get trolled so easy

l_first-place-blue-ribbon.jpg

Isn't it an internal trade though, with lincences issued by the state forced to do so when the federal government fails to provide or even attempt to issue enough linces to meet demand?

can you guys explain what is "worse" about a person smoking Marijuana in their house or smoke shop then drinking in the same places?

Just curious, considering that per capita Alcohol related deaths, tax cost to the state, is HORDES above that of Marijuana. While marijuana is still light years ahead in non violent offenses that lead to incarceration. Not to mention even if you want to hide your head in the ground and go la-la-la-la so you don't hear it there is plenty of NON BIASED reports on the benefits that can be garnered from actually researching the plant and its medicinal benefits?

oh right, I mean fuck what would come of this world if a dood smokes a doobie instead of slamming back beers or a few shots... you know beside the fact that marijuana was LEGAL until the 40's and 50's when a fear message was spread that white women smoking weed would lead to them sleeping with black males.

example of one of the many non biased reports:

Marijuana Has Anti-Inflammatory That Won't Get You High

Last edited:
They can pass whatever laws they want but in the eyes of DEA/Federal Government its illegal and they can arrest you and send you to jail.

right or wrong federal laws trump state laws

BTW I agree with what they are trying to accomplish

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

EDIT: beaten

shadowb:

if the rates of incarceration are normalized for the amount of people who consistantly partake in the activity (people who smoke at least once a week, people who drink at least once a week) i am sure you will find that incarcerations related to marijuana are much higher than that of alcohol

of course this is probably too much for your drug addled mind to comprehend because stoners are usually too dumb to do simple division

i'm not a smoker, but i'd still like to see this pass, if for no other reason than to see how it all plays out with the feds.

The 10th amendment argument here is pretty much irrelevant until the Supreme Court accepts a germaine case, and at that point it's a toss-up as to whether the country gets totally fucked by a partisan precedent.

A 2nd amendment "argument" might be much more effective, and more quickly.

Last edited:
Back