Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin
Page 17 of 20
Anguish
VeteranXX
Old
321 - 07-07-2008, 06:53
I thought Rampage was the better fighter but he let this fight get away from him.

He landed a few good punches but he didn't exploit his style as well as griffin exploited his own style.

Griffin won't be champ for long imo.

Sponsored Links
NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
322 - 07-07-2008, 07:25
K-1 is found on YouTube, they leave that stuff up since it's out of Japan. K1 is good because they give a standing 8 count, and use bigger gloves. Kinda like boxing on steroids. Search for the term "K-1 GP 2008" and then sort by date.

UFC86 is found on the torrents. If you're not in the torrent world then you need to get there. Sites like Supertorrents, and Torrentleech have it, along with the latest movies. This is the problem with the PPV crap. They think everyone is going to watch it on demand. Nope, people will watch for free or not at all, which means the sport isn't as popular as it could be.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 07-07-2008 at 07:27..
hyung
VeteranXX
Old
323 - 07-07-2008, 07:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguish View Post
I thought Rampage was the better fighter but he let this fight get away from him.

He landed a few good punches but he didn't exploit his style as well as griffin exploited his own style.

Griffin won't be champ for long imo.
i don't think anyone will deny that rampage is probably the better fighter. i said this as soon as griffon won: ufc is going to start rotating champs for a while.

their hw and LHW divisions are looking silly, now. sylvia, couture, fedor being out, and the LHW belt about to play musical chairs.

-{KZ}-
VeteranX
Old
324 - 07-07-2008, 08:44
Yeah, I don't think that there will be a 'dominant' champion in the LHW division. Maybe Machida, but I don't think Dana will let him get near that title.

Radon006
VeteranX
Old
325 - 07-07-2008, 09:11
Anderson Silva dominant ufc lhw champ

thejyav
Veteran5
Old
326 - 07-07-2008, 09:29
I'd think you can make a strong argument for Forest in every round except the first. The second was probably 10-8. You might be able to give Rampage the last round but thats it. He landed some harder shots in the later rounds but never took him down. Meanwhile forest landed more shots and really controlled the pace of the match. Judges are always going to favor a guy thats bringing the action to the other fighter, if all other things are equal.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
327 - 07-07-2008, 09:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejyav View Post
I'd think you can make a strong argument for Forest in every round except the first. The second was probably 10-8. You might be able to give Rampage the last round but thats it. He landed some harder shots in the later rounds but never took him down. Meanwhile forest landed more shots and really controlled the pace of the match. Judges are always going to favor a guy thats bringing the action to the other fighter, if all other things are equal.
9/10 people will give rampage the 1st and 4th rounds...

I dont know why K1s bigger gloves make it good though...

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
328 - 07-07-2008, 10:36
Bigger gloves mean more action. Everyone loves a good knockout, but there's many times in the UFC where someone gets caught on the button in the early goings and it's over (Lidell for example). They usually jump back up wanting to continue. In K-1, they get another chance. Purists may argue against giving someone another chance, but it's a bummer when the introductions last longer than the fight just because someone got caught.

Agree about the championship soup in the UFC, it's a mess. They're all great fighters, but they really don't have the soap opera factor like they did a year ago.

-{KZ}-
VeteranX
Old
329 - 07-07-2008, 10:46
Shooto used to have that rule NGFM, but they just got rid of it(talking about the knockdown rule).

Zombie
VeteranXX
Old
330 - 07-07-2008, 10:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Bigger gloves mean more action. Everyone loves a good knockout, but there's many times in the UFC where someone gets caught on the button in the early goings and it's over (Lidell for example). They usually jump back up wanting to continue. In K-1, they get another chance. Purists may argue against giving someone another chance, but it's a bummer when the introductions last longer than the fight just because someone got caught.

Agree about the championship soup in the UFC, it's a mess. They're all great fighters, but they really don't have the soap opera factor like they did a year ago.
I'd like to see fighters last a while and not get knocked stupid because they were allowed to continue when they shouldn't have.

If that means shorter fights, then so be it.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
331 - 07-07-2008, 10:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post

Personally I'm happy they are taking it the direction of an "extreme sport" rather than an advanced version of WWE like it seemed to be heading. I'm all for hyping the fights, like forrest vs griffen for instance. They didn't really ever hate each other, nor did they really have any beef, but the advertisements took like 1 clip of rampage getting angry on TUF7 and said "AFTER TUF BROUGHT OUT THEIR RIVALRY" they were ****ing sitting next to each other talking at a ufc event.

Anyway, I much prefer the solid stats, the fights, and the pre game trash talk. Leave it at that. **** the drama.

n3gative
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
332 - 07-07-2008, 11:30
2 of the judges gave Forrest the first round 10-9

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
333 - 07-07-2008, 11:39
Quote:
Jackson's coach, Juanito Ibarra, plans to protest the unanimous decision with the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

"We got robbed," Ibarra told Sherdog.com Sunday afternoon. "We won the majority of the fight."

Judges Adalaide Byrd and Nelson Hamilton scored the bout 48-46 for Griffin, while Roy Silbert turned in a 49-46 tally for Griffin.

It's extremely unlikely that a protest would change the outcome of the fight. Ibarra isn't hopeful in that regard, but less than 24 hours after his fighter had lost in the UFC for the first time, the coach seemed determined to learn exactly how the fight was scored.

He was baffled that Byrd and Silbert gave Griffin a 10-9 advantage in the first round, during which Jackson dropped the challenger. In Ibarra's view, the knockdown warranted a 10-8 round in Jackson's favor. He believes Jackson won the third and fourth rounds on 10-9 scores, though he said Griffin deserved a 10-8 second round and a 10-9 fifth. That comes out to a 47-46 win for Jackson.

"You have to beat the champion," Ibarra asserted more than once
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=13575

Its simply rediculous to think that round 1 is a 10-8, it was a close round and the knockdown that he didn't advance on is simply grounds for a 10-9 win of that round. Should have been a draw according to a realistic/logical Ibarra....

As for K-1/Boxing. Big gloves lead to longer fights and less knockouts. They also lead to extended head trauma....

cancer
VeteranXX
Old
334 - 07-07-2008, 11:44
watchin some of itright now

round 1 obviously rampage
round 2 - ok so apparently judges scored this 10-8, but i agree with pess and leo, it's gotta be 10-9. griffin did a fine job working non stop when he had rampage mounted to get points from the judge. he played the game technical. i guess rampage did himself a disservice by not trying harder to get out of it. i still would have scored it 10-9 though.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
335 - 07-07-2008, 11:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancer View Post
watchin some of itright now

round 1 obviously rampage
round 2 - ok so apparently judges scored this 10-8, but i agree with pess and leo, it's gotta be 10-9. griffin did a fine job working non stop when he had rampage mounted to get points from the judge. he played the game technical. i guess rampage did himself a disservice by not trying harder to get out of it. i still would have scored it 10-9 though.
round 2 is the most lopsided round of the fight. rampage didn't land a punch (I have to check but that's what the stats say)

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
336 - 07-07-2008, 11:50
Juanito Ibarra said during "Countdown to UFC 86" that he would retire if Rampage lost.

Technically, he didn't lose, but he still lost. So, is he going to still retire?

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
337 - 07-07-2008, 12:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3gative View Post
Proof that judging in MMA is still completely ****ed.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
338 - 07-07-2008, 12:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3gative View Post

Kingky
VeteranX
Old
339 - 07-07-2008, 12:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
Proof that judging in MMA is still completely rigged.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
340 - 07-07-2008, 12:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
Proof that judging in MMA is still completely ****ed.
http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1673

hope for change....

Page 17 of 20

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page UFC 86 - Rampage beats down Griffin

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , balls touching , kahula lays jew eggs , matthew dewald is fat , rogan said goat vagina , ufc