[Official] NHL free agency

philly could play defense and had a goalie that is worth something. only atlanta gave up more goals than TB and what have they done to remedy that??

mike smith isnt the answer in goal i dont think....and their D is just brutal

edit: philly signed jason smith and timonen. TB overpayed for forward talent...big difference

Last edited:
Smith isn't that bad. He just needs some defense in front of him and you're right about them having brutal d. They're just throwing money at forwards hoping they are able to score more goals instead of getting better d that will prevent goals aganst them.

Edit: It appears Kolzig might be going to Tampa so that might be a good pair of goaltenders to split the duty.

the problem with smith is...his contract is up after this year. if he has a big year, he will command a big raise and with all of these people they are signing, they will most likely lose him because of their cap issues.

he is unproven and has a horrible D in front of him

edit: kolzig would be a decent signing by them. was thinking they needed a veteran goalie like a ty conklin or roloson.

He has put up some respectable numbers in Dallas so I don't think he's that unproven. He'll probably get a good contract if he does well this year. I do NOT think Conklin is a vetran goalie. I will have nothing but dislike for the guy that can't even keep track of his own D in his end when playing the puck. Roloson may have been better than Kolzig but I expect Edmonton to get rid of Roloson later in the season if they get an extension with Garon and bring up one if their goalies from the AHL.

dallas was a really good team that played defensive hockey. TB has no D...i dont think he will be as good in TB as he was in dallas because of that. time will tell.
That's true, he didn't do too well when he got there but I think it was mostly adjusting to such a different situation. I think he can adapt to it.

Last edited:
dallas was a really good team that played defensive hockey. TB has no D...i dont think he will be as good in TB as he was in dallas because of that. time will tell.

Christ, looking at Edmonton's roster shows something unsettling. We really need to get rid of some centers and bring in some wingers.

I would only watch Edmonton for Gagner, Cogliano and Nilsson if I weren't already an Oilers fan. They do some great things when they click.

- THE MINNESOTA WILD HAVE SIGNED FORWARD ANDREW BRUNETTE TO A MULTI-YEAR CONTRACT (TERMS NOT YET AVAILABLE) AND ACQUIRED DEFENSEMAN MAREK ZIDLICKY FROM THE NASHVILLE PREDATORS IN EXCHANGE FOR PROSPECT RYAN JONES AND A SECOND ROUND PICK IN 2009.

Sorry its in caps. I copied it

brunette is a solid pick up i think...wont make up for the loss of rolston tho. zidlicky is also a solid defenseman

Yeah but he wasn't signed away from another team. Well i still expect Redden, streit, campbell and hossa to be signed by today

perry was signed a while ago

tampa is going nuts right now, however they have done nothing to fix their garbage D and goaltending.

If by "a while ago" you mean maybe an hour and a half, give or take about 10 or 20 minutes, then yes. It wasn't posted though, so I posted it.

Back