[Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

It's funny how the cup is treated with white gloves at the play off games, but once the players have it, you see the cup in really weird places.

I would enjoy seeing Washinton - Chicago final.

i don't follow hockey enough to post specific reasons other that I live in Chicago and I like Ovechkin

are those good enough

It's funny how the cup is treated with white gloves at the play off games, but once the players have it, you see the cup in really weird places.

yea my friend was in detroit when it was passed amongst the crowds in the streets where someone dropped it.

also, odds for wings to win the cup, and at the very least the west conf, are pretty damn good right now. i'm putting a weak, though valued, $10 on each; the wings are on a strong comeback with their injured players convalescin'. they were on a huge win streak, and only lost a few due to ozzie stretching his legs.

My Picks:

East:
(1) Washington vs. (8) Montreal 4-1 Washington is goin to the finals.....
(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Philadelphia 4-2
(3) Buffalo vs. (6) Boston 4-3
(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Ottawa 4-3 Pens will not repeat......

West:
(1) San Jose vs. (8) Colorado 4-3 Sharks always choke
(2) Chicago vs. (7) Nashville 4-3 Fuck Hossa.........
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Los Angeles 4-1
(4) Phoenix vs. (5) Detroit 4-1

Last edited:
who was the retard again who is obsessed with the wings? the playoff thread will be nothing without him.

also, im gonna go out on a limb and call washington vs. chicago for the final, with chicago upsetting and sending ove home crying again.
I sure hope you are not referring to me....

:wave:

Detroit is hot.....hottest team since Olympic break....they are finally healthy..atch out

Caps vs Wings Finals....:rocker:

Every pre-season for the past few years a friend and I pick our cup champions based on nothing. I was right with the Pens last year and guessed NJ this year. Again, based on nothing.

P.S. Let's go Caps.

Cup.jpg

Rest of series:
Penguins victory party at Lemieux's - a set on Flickr

I would really love to see Howard get Rookie of Year..he has been solid between the pipes....he took Ozzie's job....he is 37-15-10 with a 2.27 goals-against average and .924 save percentage. Not too bad.....

I would really love to see Howard get Rookie of Year..he has been solid between the pipes....he took Ozzie's job....he is 37-15-10 with a 2.27 goals-against average and .924 save percentage. Not too bad.....

Not going to happen by a long shot. The only reason why he posted those numbers is because Detroit got healthy. As is said every year, Detroit is built to be able to perform with any decent goaltender. Just like Conklin last year.

Matt Duchene is probably going to get the Calder. He's on a team that was expected to finish near the bottom of the standings again and he's been a huge part of their very surprising season. It's just unfortunate that Sakic didn't play one more year and work with the kid to make him even better. Tyler Myers is also in the running but I think it goes to Duchene.

Back