Reload this Page opsayo u were rite
Page 10 of 16
Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
181 - 05-09-2015, 20:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
the pubs are not mindless fun so much as you have to carry people that are worse than you, theres a bit more of a random element, but you're still doing the same things as you would in a pu generally other than maybe home d

and in that regard its really not that different than your average pu that isn't all a+ players

im pretty sure stork thinks this as well

if you cant enjoy playing a pub or havent learned how to win a pub you probably wont be able to do it in a pu either
Yeah, it's not a big difference. Even in pus the home d capper connection doesn't exist anymore so standoffs play much like a pub. Which makes the whole game play like a pub. Obv a high level pu is different. You don't carry as much. It's all about making plays etc.

Winning pubs and putting the team on your back takes just as much effort and such as playing in a decent pu. The train of thought isn't as high but you still need to know when to make a play. It's really fun. I have no complaints about 9v9 lt.

Hell, if we were to pu now I wouldn't have a problem with 7v7. The extra players replicate the actions of a good pu game.

Sponsored Links
groove
VeteranXX
Old
182 - 05-09-2015, 20:11
Quote:
because bugs being one of the few people here that has a higher than average reading comprehension and being a nice old man that hasn't completely become jaded has the good faith still that people can infer what he's communicating when he copy and pastes code credits that show andrew had the t1 source code since at least early 2004 without having to spell it out more blatantly
k andrew had the source that's why he forced his will on the community k i get it

can we stop guessing what could have happened if we'd done things differently its retarded wasted jerk off conversation for the sake of conversation

Last edited by groove; 05-09-2015 at 20:22..
pancake
Banned
Old
183 - 05-09-2015, 20:30
k u editted most of the emo out of ur comment idk y u were emo tho im just discussing things it is fine to agree to disagree u kno anywayz

i never said because andrew had the code he forced his will on us the comment ur quoting was a reply to that elon garak guy it had nothing to do with what i was saying about lasthope beyond being a defense of bugs_ being a smart guy

also i like andrew and have traded rare music with him a few times he has pretty good taste generally and unlike a lot of ppl i dont think hes mentally ill depressive or some crap because he likes noise/doom/ambient music and is sad a lot

the only thing ive been saying here was that lasthope's implementation and the many many iterations of it definitely had some effect on making people leave not that it was the sole reason. like mj said tribes was an old game at that point already, a lot of the teen demographic that most of the LT players came from were going to university or graduating or getting jobs so they stopped playing, there were a billion other games coming out including t:v and a lot of other reasons.

im just saying the way things went down having to install a new lasthope patch every couple of months, or have 3 versions of tribes just to play on the anti cheat server you wanted was annoying and people quit because of that and in the end it didnt even prevent the cheats that much that it claimed to

Last edited by pancake; 05-09-2015 at 20:37..
bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
184 - 05-09-2015, 20:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by [meph] still plays View Post
i am idiot obv but what is value of T1NetLayer and T1Connection that andrew chose to obstain from sharing?
the two missing pieces you site are forensically recoverable with modest effort and would allow unauthorized (by the andrew cabal) activities. by not releasing the entire package he kept that to himself.

in contrast the dynamix guys posted opentnl to sourceforge and made the entire thing public. they were proud of it and wanted others to consider using it.

pancake
Banned
Old
185 - 05-09-2015, 21:03
reverse polate is an actual real cheat

like literally there is a cheat that makes you miss your target more

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
186 - 05-09-2015, 21:20
fuk i think i might have that

is it contagious?

pancake
Banned
Old
187 - 05-09-2015, 21:25
yes

groove
VeteranXX
Old
188 - 05-09-2015, 21:33
Quote:
k u editted most of the emo out of ur comment idk y u were emo tho im just discussing things it is fine to agree to disagree u kno anywayz

i never said because andrew had the code he forced his will on us the comment ur quoting was a reply to that elon garak guy it had nothing to do with what i was saying about lasthope beyond being a defense of bugs_ being a smart guy

also i like andrew and have traded rare music with him a few times he has pretty good taste generally and unlike a lot of ppl i dont think hes mentally ill depressive or some crap because he likes noise/doom/ambient music and is sad a lot

the only thing ive been saying here was that lasthope's implementation and the many many iterations of it definitely had some effect on making people leave not that it was the sole reason. like mj said tribes was an old game at that point already, a lot of the teen demographic that most of the LT players came from were going to university or graduating or getting jobs so they stopped playing, there were a billion other games coming out including t:v and a lot of other reasons.

im just saying the way things went down having to install a new lasthope patch every couple of months, or have 3 versions of tribes just to play on the anti cheat server you wanted was annoying and people quit because of that and in the end it didnt even prevent the cheats that much that it claimed to

it wasn't emo it was just pointing out the absurdity of the idea that somehow andrew getting the source code (he wasn't the only one) and doing things with it meant that everyone was forced to use his stuff

andrew said he never intended for lasthope to be used on pubs but he gave server owners the option and that's what they chose to do

i agree there was a million things that contributed to the death of tribes and imo anticheats were the least of those but this is a stupid conversation anyways because it's all theoretical what if bull****

pancake
Banned
Old
189 - 05-09-2015, 21:42
its not theoretical many of us saw the way it effected the game first hand because we were young and very active

this is more than just kotz lestat and i

we saw arena completely get wiped out because of the issues implementing lasthope on a mod

we saw each patch not get adopted by a lot of people and the game lost people

we saw booze boot camp go from active to dead and pubs go from many to none

you just choose to make this into some theoretical argument or appropriate comments into these absurdities like andrew and the source code having any relation to whats being said instead of listening and thinking

so look if you want to say what we experienced is absurd thats fine. but the fact is you didnt play during this time and have never been really an active player in our community aside from a forum poster so what the **** do you really even know

groove
VeteranXX
Old
190 - 05-09-2015, 21:50
i don't know who you are but you're being an idiot and i feel stupider for having responded to you

i've never really been an active player? i hope you're talking about arena or something

pancake
Banned
Old
191 - 05-09-2015, 21:52
groove you didnt play competitive LT or arena which were the most active base related communities back then when lasthope was coming out

anyway pretend this is all theoretical or absurd or whatever the **** it is you need to

this was just supposed to be a discussion but you're obviously getting offended or sick of it so perhaps maybe you should take a step back off the forum before you have an opsayo moment and start attacking people or something

Last edited by pancake; 05-09-2015 at 22:05..
groove
VeteranXX
Old
192 - 05-09-2015, 22:08
k smurf

pancake
Banned
Old
193 - 05-09-2015, 22:10
lemon knew who i was 5 seconds after i made this account because he ip checked me and i admit who i was in this thread
anyway

groove
VeteranXX
Old
194 - 05-09-2015, 22:52
its tru ive been a bit stress today trying to figure out how i'm gonna go see zeds dead and diplo @ a 2 day festival in kitchener and then get back to LA to move into our new apartment the next day

and not have my head and wallet and possibly my penis and appendix all explode simultaneously

maybe i should just give the tickets to federererererererere

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
195 - 05-09-2015, 23:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
lasthope came out

arena wasnt compatible with lasthope so the server got shut down arena completely died
twl 10v10 ctf got shut down
5v5 teams dwindled to like 5 or 6 teams in totality from 10+
booze boot camp server that was usually full all the time died completely

we went from 2 full 32 player pubs to 1

this happened very very quickly and there were many threads about interpolate and it not being a cheat or being a cheat during this time

people didn't leave because they couldn't cheat they left because switching to lasthope sucked and nuked interpolate which a lot of people had got used to

im not talking about 1.30 im talking about the first iterations of lasthope i can't even remember what they were called because they were only around shortly like 1.20 or whatever and we had to keep changing and download the newest anti cheat every month or so like 3 or 4 times just to join a server

there were points when one server would be running lasthope 1.20a and another had 1.20b(??i forget the title but i remember there was an a and b version) or some ot her version and you couldn't join one server or the other with your version of lasthope

please explain to me how requiring the average person to have 3 different versions of tribes to play on 3 different servers wouldn't be annoying or make people quit the game
iirc twl 10v10 was dead/not-active long before lasthope.

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
196 - 05-09-2015, 23:21
were all ****ing losers why do we post on this ****in forum and talk about this useless ****

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
197 - 05-09-2015, 23:54
FUK U GON DO?

pancake
Banned
Old
198 - 05-10-2015, 00:30
i like writing tribes thing on the tribes forum u fukin fags

~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
199 - 05-10-2015, 04:35
can u get reverse polated if u dont use netset?

~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
200 - 05-10-2015, 04:55
also who r u pancake

Page 10 of 16

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page opsayo u were rite

Social Website Bullshit