[~100 pics + story] My trip through South-America.

Just loads of RICE and BEANS :).

Nah they had pretty good food, to be honest i found more foreign food in there than authentic south american food.. dunno. At all the touristy places it was just drowning in pizza places, indian restaurans stuff like that.
I found that true also.

Also, did you see Lake Titicaca? If not, don't. What a fucking waste of time.

I went there and i fucking loved it... it wasn't that special when you were next to it, but we went to the Sun Island in the middle and we had beautifull weather with it, stunning cloud patterns all over the sky and the lethal peruvian andes sun above our heads :) we decided to stay over for a night on that island.. really beautifull imo.

i have no pictures but this is what it looks like:

SA3L.jpg

33.jpg

sun%20island%20overview.jpg

I went there and i fucking loved it... it wasn't that special when you were next to it, but we went to the Sun Island in the middle and we had beautifull weather with it, stunning cloud patterns all over the sky and the lethal peruvian andes sun above our heads :) we decided to stay over for a night on that island.. really beautifull imo.

Hehe, that's the thing about vacations set somewhere within a CONTINENT; there's a pretty incredible range of experiences, and the things that draw people there are pretty different too. I'm careful about reccomending my favorite spots to other people for that reason, although not on tribalwar (hey everyone: go surfing in san lorenzo!).

hello I am niek and I would like to show you my slideshow from my holiday :brows:

how this turned out to be interesting is beyond me :lol:

sef... I'm VERY jealous, and you have some fucking balls. Such a trip isn't exactly safe. You don't look like much of a tourist in the pics, but I'm sure most tourist-looking people would get robbed and rape in many places you stopped and stayed.

If I only had 10 grand to blow... This thread has inspired me to make such a trip if I had such a chance. This is a once in a life time opportunity (unless you're a rich deep-throating faggot). The pics are amazing. Like I said, I'm very jealous....

niek isnt poor, but he's not rich by any stretch

although you should do what I did instead, stay home and go to uni and finish with fuckloads of debt and an alchohol problem :lol:

Haha i just worked my ass off for this trip man.. gonna do the same this whole summer.. work 50 hour weeks while my mates are getting wasted and having fun all day long just so i can either go for another trip or go to a private school for audio engineering hehe..

To be honest most of the time we dressed like shit and didn't do anything to our appearance because we didn't want to look like a "rich" guy or summit but it wasn't really needed.. it's not THAT dangerous over there.. like i've said before i felt more safe in most South-American cities than in Amsterdam.. fucking shithole that is.

Dude, if you read it good you will read what i said about Santa Cruz ;)

I visited the centre of La Paz.. i stayed in a street behind that big Church in the middle, the street that goes up.

About the assaulting and mugging: i did everything in Bolivia, i walked around in the streets at night alone, i approached people for whatever the fuck i wanted to buy illegally and what so not: no problems at all. Maybe i just lucky.. or maybe Bolivia changed a lot in the past few years.

El Chapare? shit... too bad i missed out on that.. where is that?

el chapare is like a few hours from cochabamba. its humid as hell during summer and its some good times to go get shit faced at. nothing but fish to eat over there.

you visited central la paz? thats your problem. you needed to head south down the mountains to hit it up with the people. as far as crime goes, youre lucky. i dont know how many times ive dealt with some dumbass who tried to assault me. you scream tourist so i duno how you got off scott free

Back