Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

I've always thought it must have felt like a couple of vps came in one day, started a fire in the lobby of Sierra, Began to dance, jump and wave their spears around, and then ate everybody's jobs.

Management thought they knew. Tribes 3 blew. Marweas 182.

Sigh. Alex, thanks for doing what you did for T:V and the community. You clearly did your best and were thwarted by greedy powermongers.

i think him still visiting this place is really a testament to his character..... he's one fucked up cat!

I've got questions.
Why was it that T:V turned out to be nothing like the "super MOD friendly game" that it was promoted as being for it's entire development? Was it due to VU's rushed timetable, IG's lack of experience in working with mod makers, something else?

By the time the game was being shipped the situation was completely different when it was designed. There was no support, to time, no money. Big office just wanted it shipped. They had HL2 and WoW coming, and they weren't counting on TV for big $$, so when they shifted Sierra to LA, it was easier to just write off. Once Menzo, Thrax, and I were gone, there was nobody who understood what this game was, what was good about it, and how to finish it. Thrax hung in there as long as he could to do the best he could, but it was like pissing on a house on fire. The game was never given a full chance.

Also, was the meat of the deal worked out between VU and IG actually for SWAT, and T:V was kind of thrown in by IG as a bonus to sweeten the deal and to act as a test bed for their UT engine development that they are now using for Bioshock?

No, we contacted IG for TV first. We were so pleased with them that we recommended them to the SWAT producer who was also looking for a developer. Other than things like sharing the Havoc license, there wasn't much cross-development on the two of them.

Q: How did Q/A let that crappy box art pass? Thats all the marketing you need!

J/k, just being a shit. I salute you Marweas.

I remember the night of the first beta test for TV we were told about Alex "leaving."
You never saw so many faces pull a collective, "HUH?"

It is too bad that there are so many games developed by people who could care less what they are working on. Games should be made by people who love what they are working on.

It was a sad day indeed when the last bastion of Tribes lovin' fools was removed from the team.

Hi Alex, hope you are well. :)

I've always thought it must have felt like a couple of vps came in one day, started a fire in the lobby of Sierra, Began to dance, jump and wave their spears around, and then ate everybody's jobs.

Management thought they knew. Tribes 3 blew. Marweas 182.

Ok who's smurfin here?

Back