Patch 3.3

And I beg to differ on you being to tell player quality by an inspect. Anyone can simply roll into EJ, do everything they say down to gems, enchants, and what not and they will look identical to someone who is competent. Given that what else is there left to tell a difference? Looking for jewelcrafting, blacksmithing, or tailoring marks like extra sockets and dragon's eye gems? They cover that shit in EJ too so if they have that profession they know where to find it.

If they went on EJ and found out the proper gems and enchants then their gear IS competent most of the time.

Sigh.

If they went on EJ and found out the proper gems and enchants then their gear IS competent most of the time.

Sigh.

You were talking about being able to tell a player's competence by an inspect, you made no mention of the competence of their gear. Which pretty much makes no sense.

The_Biting_Pear_of_Salamanca_by_ursulav.jpg

This is where terms like "elitist" are appropriate. The dude had a fun time, but let's make fun of him because he's not pushing content.

It's not like I'm not doing the end game content. I could care less if someone mocks the heroic blow through. I was merely pointing out the rarity of a pug tank doing 3500 dps. Besides, based on what I've read "pushing content" these days is akin to spending an extra 30 minutes after a single wipe on a boss anyway, so it's hardly worth bragging about.

I love when people are complete pricks beacuse they have gear.

I did RDF and got heroic UP and the pally tank decided for the group that we were skipping every boss because "they don't drop frost"

The hunter went on strike while we were fighting the dragon guy so I went back and pulled the previous boss and that run ended. Guess he should have just killed them :shrug:

But hey, *scoff* 3 triumph badges aren't worth 5 minutes of his time

Last edited:

I did RDF and got heroic UP and the pally tank decided for the group that we were skipping every boss because "they don't drop frost"

The hunter went on strike while we were fighting the dragon guy so I went back and pulled the previous boss and that run ended. Guess he should have just killed them :shrug:

You showed him Salbert!

Don't people understand that if we just get along and work together we'll get through twice as fast?

But no, we have to spend half our time moaning about how one person doesn't have full epics in one of the original WOTLK heroics (oh lord it might take 23 minutes instead of 20) and making people quit or do stupid stuff (see above)

Don't people understand that if we just get along and work together we'll get through twice as fast?

But no, we have to spend half our time moaning about how one person doesn't have full epics in one of the original WOTLK heroics (oh lord it might take 23 minutes instead of 20) and making people quit or do stupid stuff (see above)

Gotta love that too, especially when you remembered when you were getting 187s out of the 78-80 regulars to be "heroic-ready" and then you worked to get 200-epics from heroics and rep factions to be ready for Naxx-10.

I've carried a lot of people with GS sub-2000, it's really no big deal and I have yet to encounter a time where their lack of gear stone-walls you in a heroic. You vote to kick someone for not having enough gear and you wait a length of time in which you could have downed a boss or two. Just not worth it, just hash through it and addess an issue if it comes up.

If he's doing that same shit for multiple toons then I don't blame him. He's tanking so he'll have instant queues for the next group so I'm sure he forgot about that run less than 5 minutes after it ended. I also don't do bosses I don't have to do, skip 2-3 in Old Kingdom, skip at least one in UP, etc. If you can turn a 20 minute run into a 6-8min run you can bet I'll do it the short way. If you need the emblems you'll queue more than once anyways and still get them. People wanting to skip nothing (or farm every fucking mob in the new instance) are about as bad as the ones begging to do achievements these days.

If he's doing that same shit for multiple toons then I don't blame him. He's tanking so he'll have instant queues for the next group so I'm sure he forgot about that run less than 5 minutes after it ended. I also don't do bosses I don't have to do, skip 2-3 in Old Kingdom, skip at least one in UP, etc. If you can turn a 20 minute run into a 6-8min run you can bet I'll do it the short way. If you need the emblems you'll queue more than once anyways and still get them. People wanting to skip nothing (or farm every fucking mob in the new instance) are about as bad as the ones begging to do achievements these days.

I wouldn't mind skipping bosses if it actually DOES save time, but whenever I'm not tanking in one of these the tank ends up taking more time skipping a boss (Eek or Amanitar or the like) than it takes me to actually do the boss and move on.

I hate that now, trying to think if I want to commit my hunter to more emblem-farming to pick up the T8.5 helm/chest specifically for the set bonus (which on paper could add up in terms of DPS) or just stick with two piece T9 and pick up whatever other pieces are better.

Back