Booty Bay Observation

Feannag

Veteran XV
So tonight around lvl 30 I go to Booty Bay on my usual normal server haunt to pick up the fishing book and I notice something odd. There are Bruisers everywhere... There are more working patrols and there are ones standing at specific points throughout the town, specifically all the places people use to gank without drawing attention from the bruisers, like the inn and flight master. Now I haven't played in a PvP server in one (maybe two patches) past, and this is the first time I've seen Booty Bay since that time. Did they change something up and add more guards, or is this simply a Normal ruleset thing?

The goblins added more guards. The Steamwheld Cartel does not like fighting in their towns. "It's bad for business."

ZacH said:
The goblins added more guards.

awesome, im gonna have to go check this out now :D

i <3 the pvp action in booty bay and gadgetzan BECAUSE of all the gaurds and it being sorta "protected neutral" territory.

makes it much more fun and challenging, including having folks camp on high-spots perfectly out of reach of the guards heh.

clearly, the ranged classes have advantages in such situations. mages are the gods of gadgetzan and booty bay =)

If you get ganked by someone much higher, let them beat on you without fighting back. The guards work on an aggro system of some sort. If you retaliate, they will kill the guy attacking you then turn and beat on you as well. If you do nothing, all you have is a short walk back to your corpse while the other guy deals with his durability loss.

BobDlux said:
If you get ganked by someone much higher, let them beat on you without fighting back. The guards work on an aggro system of some sort. If you retaliate, they will kill the guy attacking you then turn and beat on you as well. If you do nothing, all you have is a short walk back to your corpse while the other guy deals with his durability loss.

that assumes they arent standing high up out of guard reach :D

yeah my rogue cant gank anymore. i have to resort to shooting people and then casters helping

i killed someone in gadget on the ground where id normally beat their ass and have to dodge one guard but got obliterated by like 6 guards out of nowhere

the SS guards are a lot more useful than the TM ones

you have to be inside of Tarren Mills to even aggro them. The SS guards aggro from like halfway outside of SS

my guild and i were looking for some pvp one night so decided to start in BB and then move around STV< we found that no one could attack the guards either.

The only option was to run away from them.

Anyone else found this too?

snow said:
my guild and i were looking for some pvp one night so decided to start in BB and then move around STV< we found that no one could attack the guards either.

The only option was to run away from them.

Anyone else found this too?

Welcome to the wonderful world of having to decalre war on a faction

tokin said:
I'd be cool if they made the guards in SS not so useless. (At least as useful as deathguards at Tarren Mill)

are you kidding? like bodom said, the balance is (as usual) completely in alliance's favor.

SS guards aggro from like 1000 ft away and cover every corner.

meanwhile, TM guards do not... and you can even camp the damn TM graveyard with little effort.

generally speaking, alliance towns/cities are infinately better defended.

just take stormwind and ironforge, compare the entrances to orgrimmar and undercity (oh, right... horde have BACK entrances as well, with even less guards)

ZenTseTse said:
are you kidding? like bodom said, the balance is (as usual) completely in alliance's favor.

SS guards aggro from like 1000 ft away and cover every corner.

meanwhile, TM guards do not... and you can even camp the damn TM graveyard with little effort.

generally speaking, alliance towns/cities are infinately better defended.

just take stormwind and ironforge, compare the entrances to orgrimmar and undercity (oh, right... horde have BACK entrances as well, with even less guards)
1000 feet away? generally they're infinitely better defended? uhhh.... no?

and if you want to talk about camping something with little effort try the southshore flightpath... sigh

oh wow a FLIGHTPATH that respawns fairly quickly anyway.

I don't want to hear ANY bitching from the Alliance about who's towns are better defended. The Horde cities are dismal at best when it comes to defenses. We have very few gaurds and the ones we do have are fairly spread out. Speaking of TM vs. SS gaurds, your gaurds aggro all the way back to TM... that's pretty ridiculous. And, all I have to do to get aggro is walk anywhere close to where SS is and I can get aggro'd by one of the million gaurds that walks around the outskirts.

Ironforge vs. Orgrimmar? Don't make me laugh. Even comparing the two cities in terms of defenses is enough to make my head explode.

Archimedes said:
oh wow a FLIGHTPATH that respawns fairly quickly anyway.

I don't want to hear ANY bitching from the Alliance about who's towns are better defended. The Horde cities are dismal at best when it comes to defenses. We have very few gaurds and the ones we do have are fairly spread out. Speaking of TM vs. SS gaurds, your gaurds aggro all the way back to TM... that's pretty ridiculous. And, all I have to do to get aggro is walk anywhere close to where SS is and I can get aggro'd by one of the million gaurds that walks around the outskirts.

Ironforge vs. Orgrimmar? Don't make me laugh. Even comparing the two cities in terms of defenses is enough to make my head explode.
true... the southshore guards are pretty retarded... but i don't know how many times my guildmates and i have landed in southshore and been immediately raped by horde or found the flightmaster dead on arrival.

despite that, i still wouldn't say alliance towns are "infinately better defended."

Back