Way to be...

MrPoop said:
wow. :)

Ya know, Zombee is a personal close friend of mine. Zom's silly little tribesnews.com site has never intended to compete with TW. Col, you and I bumped heads a bit in the past, and I know how you can be. You know as well as I do that Zom is not naive enough to think he can take members away from TW. Stop being a tard about it. He made a funny and you fell for it.

What Zom did was fuckin hilarious. He should be congradulated for bringing a very well executed funny, not perma banned. Whether you like him or not, what he did was an instant classic.
so this was all jsut a joke...?
:no:

MrPoop said:
wow. :)

Ya know, Zombee is a personal close friend of mine. Zom's silly little tribesnews.com site has never intended to compete with TW. Col, you and I bumped heads a bit in the past, and I know how you can be. You know as well as I do that Zom is not naive enough to think he can take members away from TW. Stop being a tard about it. He made a funny and you fell for it.

What Zom did was fuckin hilarious. He should be congradulated for bringing a very well executed funny, not perma banned. Whether you like him or not, what he did was an instant classic.

1) I could care less about competition. It makes my job more fun.

2) When have we ever bumped heads?

3) He won't be unbanned for a few reasons, but none of them have to do with tribesnews

If you honestly think colosus was worried about tribesnews taking members away from tw, you need to lay off the crack

Too bad I missed this.

TW = Panties in a big fat wad. :lol: I'll admit that string of emails at the beginning had me a bit pissed too but it had a great finish. Obscured.Cherib's retard thread has been beaten by about 50 points.

Kudos to Zombee on a well executed attack. See you around Zom, or not... :rofl:

1) I could care less about competition. It makes my job more fun.
If you say so. But posting things like, "Some guy that was hell bent on competing with TribalWar with his site 'www.tribesnews.com'." leads most anyone to believe that you think Zom is out to get you. Now, whether or not you "could care less about competition", you still think Zom is hell bent on competition.

So you either:
1) Are so full of yourself that you think people are gunning for you
2) Must have read something, somewhere that I clearly missed.

2) When have we ever bumped heads?
Oh, in days of old.. I'm sure you'll remember. A few years back in #scripters when T2 was still in development and we actually had high hopes for it. You remember... you decided you "really, REALLY didn't like me" because you thought I was an "ass". And you made your (then)ire for me very public the day I joked *WITH* CB about his weight. I then sat in IRC with you going back and forth about how you "just didn't like me" but couldn't really give any reason or example other than "that's just the way I feel". So what I meant by "Col, you and I bumped heads a bit in the past, and I know how you can be." was that you are quite over-sensitive and fragile. I was implying that you sir are mad mostly because you were at the butt end of a really good joke.

3) He won't be unbanned for a few reasons, but none of them have to do with tribesnews
Hey it's your gig now, chief. Do what you want with the site now that you're finally in charge of one that has an actual user-base. All I'm saying is that you can and have overreacted and likely will again. Banning Zombee was a silly amateurish thing to do and I'm certain quite a few people know it.

Now, all that said, hopefully you can take a little open criticism from me without getting mad.

MrPoop said:
If you say so. But posting things like, "Some guy that was hell bent on competing with TribalWar with his site 'www.tribesnews.com'." leads most anyone to believe that you think Zom is out to get you. Now, whether or not you "could care less about competition", you still think Zom is hell bent on competition.

So you either:

I was giving history on 1 of many different complaints that I have with Zombee. I don't care about the competition, I just don't like people coming on TW to make a large post asking for what content they should have. Seems a bit tacky to me.

Oh, in days of old.. I'm sure you'll remember. A few years back in #scripters when T2 was still in development and we actually had high hopes for it. You remember... you decided you "really, REALLY didn't like me" because you thought I was an "ass". And you made your (then)ire for me very public the day I joked *WITH* CB about his weight. I then sat in IRC with you going back and forth about how you "just didn't like me" but couldn't really give any reason or example other than "that's just the way I feel". So what I meant by "Col, you and I bumped heads a bit in the past, and I know how you can be." was that you are quite over-sensitive and fragile. I was implying that you sir are mad mostly because you were at the butt end of a really good joke.

I remember now, completely forgot about it. I thought you were an ass to CB, but then you explained and it was cool. I don't mind being at the butt end of good jokes and I have already stated multiple times that this was an excellent joke, but it went too far. As someone who is playing a joke on someone else, you have to realize when it has reached the point of no return. I had already begun contacting a lawyer to get some advice on how to proceed before Giga told me it was his phone number.

Hey it's your gig now, chief. Do what you want with the site now that you're finally in charge of one that has an actual user-base. All I'm saying is that you can and have overreacted and likely will again. Banning Zombee was a silly amateurish thing to do and I'm certain quite a few people know it.

Now, all that said, hopefully you can take a little open criticism from me without getting mad.

Then quite a few people will be upset by the fact that I'm not going to unban him. Anyone that has 5 smurfs, 2 of which are banned has already proven himself to be someone that doesn't belong on this site.

i still dont get how it was a 'really good joke'

please explain how pretending to be an asshole, getting the appropriate response, and then getting banned = good joke

Colosus said:
I was giving history on 1 of many different complaints that I have with Zombee. I don't care about the competition, I just don't like people coming on TW to make a large post asking for what content they should have. Seems a bit tacky to me.
I wasn't aware of Zombee posting on here asking about content for his site. However, that does not address your saying "Some guy that was hell bent on competing with TribalWar with his site 'www.tribesnews.com'." My point still stands then, that you:

I remember now, completely forgot about it. I thought you were an ass to CB, but then you explained and it was cool. I don't mind being at the butt end of good jokes and I have already stated multiple times that this was an excellent joke, but it went too far. As someone who is playing a joke on someone else, you have to realize when it has reached the point of no return. I had already begun contacting a lawyer to get some advice on how to proceed before Giga told me it was his phone number.
And this is different from your chuckling over the whole F4$ thing when it started? Obviously, the f4$ guy was an asshat for behaving the way he did by calling you. However, when/if I get personal mail delivered to my door by anonymous users, you can bet your ass I'll be calling my lawyer too. The point of this antecdote is that you chuckled and made light of the initial act - one which very much parallels the way you felt about getting those emails.

Then quite a few people will be upset by the fact that I'm not going to unban him. Anyone that has 5 smurfs, 2 of which are banned has already proven himself to be someone that doesn't belong on this site.
Well, Zom can be and is an asshat a lot of the time. Actually, most of TW's members are asshats a lot of the time. Precisely what is someone that has proven himself to belong on this site? Seeing as how TribalWar's user base is not exactly an accurate dichotomy of the human race, I wonder what you think constitutes "the TW Right Stuff"?

GigaFool said:
i still dont get how it was a 'really good joke'

please explain how pretending to be an asshole, getting the appropriate response, and then getting banned = good joke
I'm terribly sorry you have a different sense of humor than me. This is coming from the same guy that posted his phone number on a public internet forum and got mad about someone calling him. You are a discredit to yourself. :)

Back