[NHL] 2017-2018 Regular Season

HelenKeller

Blind BitchXV
NHL announces rosters for opening night | NHL.com

OrprSZx.png

espn insider betting guide

Spoiler

Hoping for the Sabres to surprise under a new coach but I'm still not sold on the defense or goaltending. Eichel just signed for 8 years $80 mil so it is his team now. Time to start winning.

got a tour of Little Caesars Arena. The name is fucking terrible, but the arena is ridiculous. The player facilities are impressive as fuck.

Dough Joe is a better nickname than LCA.

I don't think any fans call their arena by the actual name. They change names so often now too.

By the way, how long will this joke of a slash rule be called? Apparently a light stick check gets you 2 minutes. I bet that is gone by Halloween.

I think it is ridiculous to call any slash less than what could potentially cause injury or breaks equipment.

Hell no

I'm so glad they are cutting down on that garbage, maybe the players shouldn't whack a players hands which is not a hockey play, disproportionately dangerous(have you guys ever played and gotten tapped? That shit hurts) AND it's against the rules. Because you lost positioning on a guy doesn't mean you get to slash him on the hands

I mean, it looks like nothing on tv, but look at Crosby v Methot, or johhny Gaudreau last year. Those gloves have shit padding on your fingers

Taps need to be removed from the game

The problem isn't the rule, but the fact that the NHL will call it hard for a few weeks then it will slowly disappear. You think they are going to make those calls in the playoffs? They won't make a call like that after a month or two.

The NHL always gives in. Instead of the players learning and adjusting, they'll just keep doing it, and the owners will gripe about it and get it to quietly go away.

Idont see the clutch and grabbing of the 2000s or the waterskiing of the 80s and 90s anymore

I guess I see those taps as more of a communication between the players. I do agree that getting hit in the hands sucks, I would advocate for calling slashes to the hands strictly.

But from playing I also know that part of the strategy of the game is making your presence known (or not) by using slashes. It can also be an effective distraction used at the right time. Fatigue does lead to lazy play in the form of slashes but I don't really see that being detrimental to the game.

Back