Page 28 of 57
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
541 - 05-10-2011, 02:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
Someone here installed the hotfix, their game tanks, performance is unbearably low... and it shouldn't be.
It's worth a shot if you haven't gotten it.

Sponsored Links
Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
542 - 05-10-2011, 02:41
yea

just set a restore point in case you need to roll back your driver.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
543 - 05-10-2011, 02:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDude View Post
I ALMOST picked this up on the preorder sale. Then I woke up and realized that I'd rather pay full price for a solid game than get a deal on ****.
I'm sure it'll go even lower in price in the coming weeks.

Splash Damage should send a huge "thank you" gift basket to D2D for doing the 25% off discount, undoubtedly many took the bait and bought it because of the sale.

I've only played these mini-challenge modes, kind of like tutorial maps but you have to play them to unlock stuff. The parkour one stood out as being really stupid, a small room where you need to hop on top of boxes to turn out lights beaming up from the floor, they showed off wall walking in some of the videos but I haven't been able to do anything cool like that so far.

Last edited by Dangerdoggie; 05-10-2011 at 03:01..
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
544 - 05-10-2011, 02:57
oneclickgaming on Justin.tv

Here's a guy streaming the PC version - game seems fun from what I can see so far.

Hansel
VeteranXV
Old
545 - 05-10-2011, 03:02
I think I will wait few weeks and see if the game is really worth getting.

Gorlax
VeteranXX
Old
546 - 05-10-2011, 03:17
Brink Video Game, Review HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/05/09/brink-video-review

Last edited by Gorlax; 05-10-2011 at 03:29..
Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
547 - 05-10-2011, 03:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
I think I will wait few weeks and see if the game is really worth getting.
I almost pre-ordered a couple days back, but now I'm thinking I'm glad I decided to wait on this and pre-order Witcher 2 instead. While I don't think the game looks bad, the live streams I've checked out don't sell me on it either. I think I'm going to wait to see what the consensus is in a week or two.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
548 - 05-10-2011, 03:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdoggie View Post
I'm sure it'll go even lower in price in the coming weeks.

Splash Damage should send a huge "thank you" gift basket to D2D for doing the 25% off discount, undoubtedly many took the bait and bought it because of the sale.

I've only played these mini-challenge modes, kind of like tutorial maps but you have to play them to unlock stuff. The parkour one stood out as being really stupid, a small room where you need to hop on top of boxes to turn out lights beaming up from the floor, they showed off wall walking in some of the videos but I haven't been able to do anything cool like that so far.
I agree the 25% off was a big factor in convincing me to get it, otherwise I would have definitely waited.

But why anyone is judging this based off the single player stuff is beyond me...

RiverStyx
VeteranXV
Old
549 - 05-10-2011, 03:42
Hella fun so far...when I can get into a server

max
VeteranXV
Old
550 - 05-10-2011, 03:43
My mouse also feels like **** in multiplayer, I still think it is a function of uneven frame rate.

I get 10-15 fps with that hotfix in multiplayer, don't know if that's better or worse than before... feels about as ****ty (depends on the map).

Last edited by max; 05-10-2011 at 03:52..
Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
551 - 05-10-2011, 03:57
runs great for me, only using a geforce 450 ($100 card)
yeah i've had a lot of connection issues. once im in a game it mostly works fine though.

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
552 - 05-10-2011, 04:13
Brink Reviews Are A Mixed Bag, Some Thoughts - Voodoo Extreme

d0ggy
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
553 - 05-10-2011, 04:20
game sucks.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
554 - 05-10-2011, 04:35
Played for an hour or so, gotta go to bed now but I like it so far. Fun game.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
555 - 05-10-2011, 04:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSnowman View Post
Brink Reviews Are A Mixed Bag, Some Thoughts - Voodoo Extreme
Interesting reading these reviews. The two really low scores were from 1up and IGN, and reading/listening to the reviews its obvious they haven't spent any time with online multiplayer.

The 1up review complains about bots being stupid/unhelpful, the 360's texture popping issue (non-existent on PC and being fixed immediately for 360 anyway), and the only point that could have been legitimate was about bottlenecks turning into "stalemates" ...but, when there's an offense and a defense, sometimes the defense is going to win, right? unfortunately that's not how you think when you're just playing against bots.

Anyway, after a couple hours the game is okay. We'll see how it evolves once everyone understands the game and maps better, but there's no way in hell its deserves a D rating (unless you only play vs bots)

Last edited by Pengo; 05-10-2011 at 04:37..
Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
556 - 05-10-2011, 04:38
watchign a guy on Justin.tv... he's having a terrible time trying to create or join MP games with his friends.

The process appears convoluted.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
557 - 05-10-2011, 04:39
All fps games on consoles deserve a D rating, just for having to use that damn controller.

Quote:
Uh oh, time for some drama boys and girls. I felt that Joystiq's Brink review was fishy, it almost came off as if it was written by someone that had spent very little time with the game. I was also pretty sure that Griffin McElroy was one of the editors that I played in the media game with. So, I decided to do a little digging, and confirmed that I had played with him while he was under his Xbox Live gamertag called "The Pencil Rain".

The kicker is Mr. McElroy has only earned a total Brink gamerscore value of 225, primarily from achievements that pretty much unlock themselves in the opening hour or two of play. I had over a couple hundred points just after the media playtest, and I'd imagine that's where he left off too. Xbox Live says he was playing Brink just a couple hours ago, yet again the value is 225. In my picture of his gamerscore details below you'll see that he hasn't completed either campaign, let alone the "what if" missions.

This puts a pretty big black mark on Joystiq's journalistic integrity in my eyes. If I had to guess the amount of time he spent playing it'd be a few hours at best, and from my point of view that's extremely unprofessional. But great job on that 2/5 score Griffin, way to shaft Splash Damage and Bethesda by putting in an absolute minimal amount of effort into your review.
VE3d dug up some dirt on the "Joystiq" review, seems the reviewer didn't play the game and phoned in a review.

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
558 - 05-10-2011, 04:39
DLing, and I shall try it out.

arcadus
VeteranXX
Old
559 - 05-10-2011, 04:49
its pretty fun
i dont understand why people are saying it sucks

Exodus