Lets say your house/apartment burned down tomorrow by Goshin - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Lets say your house/apartment burned down tomorrow
Page 4 of 6
DemonKyoto
VeteranXX
Old
61 - 05-24-2010, 16:03
**** no, anything happens to my stuff, I'm done.

Sponsored Links
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
62 - 05-24-2010, 16:06
demon thats silly
12 bucks a month
do it
DO IT

Ender
ValtreX
Old
63 - 05-24-2010, 16:08
What stops people from buying a **** load of stuff, having a friend "Steal everything" then report it as stolen?

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
64 - 05-24-2010, 16:21
The only thing I would give a **** about losing are my guitars. They are worth more than just what I paid for them.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
65 - 05-24-2010, 16:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
What stops people from buying a **** load of stuff, having a friend "Steal everything" then report it as stolen?
the law, aren't you wanting to become a lawyer? Are you sure you graduated college?

Water Demon
Veteran4
Old
66 - 05-24-2010, 16:24
All my photos would be a bummer if I lost them all. I have some old ones ranging from 1940's-present(my grandfather liked to travel a lot took some photos)...other then that it's just stuff to me. My guitar, my cameras, it can be replaced.

I have enough insurance to help me out. Plus my work pays for all my uniforms that will be lost in a fire so it's all good...Would deff. suck though.

Last edited by Water Demon; 05-24-2010 at 16:36..
TooL
Veteran²
Old
67 - 05-24-2010, 16:31
no.

i cannot afford to replace all of my stuff

Ender
ValtreX
Old
68 - 05-24-2010, 16:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
the law, aren't you wanting to become a lawyer? Are you sure you graduated college?
Well duh.

I'm talking about gaming the system. I'm just curious what Goshin has to say as I am pretty sure he works in this industry. I can understand arson fraud, but how do you look for theft fraud.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
69 - 05-24-2010, 16:42
Ender, great question

nothing.

and it pisses me off forever

only your own stupidity can get in the way, and morals. And if you're caught and it's not a fraud ring, you get dropped from insurance. No charges pressed, no fines.

water demon, keep your photos 4 feet above the ground
also, think about moving them to a bank vault. seriously. If you do take photos or a video of the house (or write out an inventory...do both actually) put it all in a bank box.
fire or flood or whatever will destroy it

:rageface:

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
70 - 05-24-2010, 16:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Well duh.

I'm talking about gaming the system. I'm just curious what Goshin has to say as I am pretty sure he works in this industry. I can understand arson fraud, but how do you look for theft fraud.
the same way you look for all fraud.

the people who commit fraud do things differently than the people who really commit those crimes (ie: theft vs faked theft for fraud).

for example... my father investigated a car being burned. first thing they did was ask what was in the car. it was a 16/17 year old, with rich parents, so he was driving a decked out acura with a nice sound system, lcd screens etc.

well... none of that is present in the car (after its burned). its all been removed.

simple investigation turned up all the stuff was in the house....

so really? you just happened to take all your sound/video/expensive equipment out of your car right before it was stollen and burned up?

wound up finding out the kid didn't like his acura, he wanted a bmw, so he and his buddies burned it up and called it as stolen.

its amazing how dumb some people are...

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
71 - 05-24-2010, 16:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
Ender, great question

nothing.

and it pisses me off forever

only your own stupidity can get in the way, and morals. And if you're caught and it's not a fraud ring, you get dropped from insurance. No charges pressed, no fines.
eh. i don't know about that.
i have family that work in the same field (kind of) as you, and they bust people for fraud all the time... its the number 1 reason for things like arson.

of course, they can get warrants for their financial information and everything else, plus they're law enforcement so they're much more intimidating... all of that can be a factor, but yeah they bust those people regularly and usually tell pretty quickly when **** doesn't start adding up...

edit: of course, they always say they only catch the stupid ones. if you're smart enough (enough is being used loosely here) then you wont get in trouble at all.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
72 - 05-24-2010, 16:46
i'd get into the hows and things of defrauding insurance, but that'd be really stupid
so i wont

but aside from arson or water dmg (which detox is right, people remove the valuables that cant be replaced like photos and crafts their kids made)

actually no

nevermind

detox, my above posts are in regards to theft

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
73 - 05-24-2010, 16:53
Quote:

detox, my above posts are in regards to theft
yeah, sorry, i realized that now

i love talking about that stuff though. its really really intersting, and i find it hilarious how stupid people are these days...

the best ones are the ones that go burn someone's house down a few counties away from where they live. they go at lke 2 am right? cause of course you wouldn't want to do it during the day and get caught! well, who the hell drives 30 minutes anymore without talking on the phone these days?

anyways, your movements can be tracked whether you make a call or not... simple cell phone tower records will show you randomly driving from your home to the crime scene at the exact same time, then back. meanwhile you're alibi will involve you at home sleeping....

oh, another pro tip - most people think of an alibi that puts them somewhere else during an incident, but they don't think about the 6 hours leading up to it.

so, say i burn my friends house down to get back at him. they'll say 'where were you at 2 am?', well i was sleeping of course. 'ok, what about 10 pm?', well you enver think of that, and the turth is that you were down the street filling up yoru gas can before you were going to burn the house down, and then your story starts getting convoluted and you eventually get caught in your own lies cause you can't remember the story you made up on the fly.

oh, and you'd be surprised how many people get caught on video getting gas in a red can at a gas station around the corner from the crime scene 15 minutes before the fire breaks out. hrm....

Water Demon
Veteran4
Old
74 - 05-24-2010, 16:58
Quote:

water demon, keep your photos 4 feet above the ground
also, think about moving them to a bank vault. seriously. If you do take photos or a video of the house (or write out an inventory...do both actually) put it all in a bank box.
fire or flood or whatever will destroy it

:rageface:
Yea I mean I have a fire safe I have been using since I got into a fire department 6 years ago, but I do need to buy a bigger one soon. I've been on enough fires to know what needs to be saved and what can burn. I haven't gotten around to take photos of my things, that doesn't sound like a half bad idea actually.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
75 - 05-24-2010, 17:00
inventory list of crap, photos. Fire safes can melt, or get stolen. I've heard thieves take 100lb boxes cuz the stuff that may or may not be in there.
so i'm all jaded

detox, i love talking about it too. ways and means, idiots that do it wrong and get caught, but theres a lot we do on our end that helps perpetuate the fraud system, and the only way to stop it is to get our hands dirty and get public sentiment, already low, even worse.

boo

Fancy Cat
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
76 - 05-24-2010, 17:03
thats why i have a ****load of renters insurance

Amazon Jim
VeteranX
Old
77 - 05-24-2010, 17:07
Financially set boys.

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
78 - 05-24-2010, 17:08
I'm fine my government takes care of me, even if I didn't have an insurance.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
79 - 05-24-2010, 17:10
for those with insurance, are you aware that after a lose you may need to come up with documents showing you had purchased or owned tsaid items that were rendered useless (theft water fire etc)??
if yes, do you have access to these documents if said dwelling was compromised?

tehvul2
Veteran++
Old
80 - 05-25-2010, 17:47
If one burned then I'd just go to one of the others...Duh...

Page 4 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Lets say your house/apartment burned down tomorrow

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
fire beans , fire took my stuff , goshin , i cant stop burning , lol dude , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking hot , shit thread shit poster , strega and taxi analsex , they took my house