I moved to Wisconsin [pics]

Vanster, seriously, why did you go to WI instead of her moving to WY? No hate, just trying to understand the rationale for going the wrong direction.

we talked about that.

Her house is better than mine, basically.
Doesn't matter, I have a retirement house in Anchorage for when Dad dies, and she's totally up for it.

we talked about that.

Her house is better than mine, basically.
Doesn't matter, I have a retirement house in Anchorage for when Dad dies, and she's totally up for it.
Yeah but your outdoors is better than her outdoors.

Vanster, how hard is it to pick up kayaking?

I've never done it before. I've done rafting and a bit of canoeing, but never kayaking. They always looked a little unwieldy to me.

I'm considering taking my girlfriend kayaking. It's the one outdoor activity that she likes. It's just a matter of finding a place to rent in the area that I'd like to go.

And of course being confident that I won't look overly stupid and drown.

Vanster, how hard is it to pick up kayaking?

I've never done it before. I've done rafting and a bit of canoeing, but never kayaking. They always looked a little unwieldy to me.

I'm considering taking my girlfriend kayaking. It's the one outdoor activity that she likes. It's just a matter of finding a place to rent in the area that I'd like to go.

And of course being confident that I won't look overly stupid and drown.

All you really need to learn is how to roll. Rolling is a very counterintuitive motion, and without a teacher it's nearly impossible to learn. Trust me dude, 5 minutes with you in a swimming pool and you'll be doing it in your sleep. Easy peasy.

Bracing is the only other thing you need to know. Apart from that it's just basic paddling. After that, it's just whatever balls take you on whatever river.
The world awaits you.

While I wish you luck, this is the biggest f'n mistake a person (more importantly a man) can make. Giving up everything for another person. In 1 year or less you will be kicking yourself in the ass, big time.

Lavan_Dutch.jpg

long ways to go yet

smeagol will show you the way

Back