How to convert Unbelievers

Matter can be converted to energy. Einstein came up with the equations, and we've proved it. Quantum mechanics shows how the line blurs at smaller degrees

In the beginning, there was an infinitesimally small ball of matter-energy existed, and something caused it to expand. It still is expanding. A lot of the matter-energy slid over to the matter side, and a lot slid over to the energy side.

There are 4 fundamental forces that act on everything within the universe: gravity, elecromagnetism, the strong force, and the weak force, the last 2 only affecting sub-subatomic particles. The latter 3 are all the same force in different forms, and we can mathematically connect them. To date, we have only been able to connect them to gravity via Higgs' theories. The Large Hadron Collider, being constructed underground in Europe will prove (or disprove) the existence of the Higgs Boson, a sub-subatomic particle that allows gravity to be another form of the electromagnetic-weak-strong force.

This is being done so physicists can show there is 1 type matter-energy particle that makes up all matter (and all the space between it), and 1 force that acts on it. (it acts differently under different conditions)

Ok, here we go lol.

Anyways, my rationale is that time goes to infinity. We know through science that matter can not be created nor destroyed. But we know that matter exists in this Universe. How is this so? Something must have created matter and caused the chain of events that results in the expansion of the Universe. Something had to have caused this. What is it?

The answer is we do not know. But we do know either an event or entity of some sort had to have caused it. Therefore, this explains my belief in an entity at least.

Now we can look at it further as an entity of some sort created the Earth as we know it. Just because matter expands in the Universe does not mean that life could have formed. Now we have to explain life on this planet. What causes barren lifeless matter to eventually create a cell that eventually forms more complicated life that results in things we see today? I will have to say an entity or event. I go with entity.

What's really funny to me is that at the core of it, both of you are saying the exact same thing, calling it by different names. Neither of you actually have any answers - when it comes down to it, the science and the religious reasoning are equally suppositional, all missing the crucial piece of evidence that concludes with PROOF. Ponder that as you continue to argue on these pages.

I must admit, past the explanation of the origin of all things and the nature of man, I find the topical notions of custom and behavior of religions to be quite ridiculous, at least in the western world. It's funny how Sipher mentions attempting to imitate the Lord Christ, which is a disciple-master relationship so common, and so widely practiced, in traditional eastern religion & spirituality. In the west it's like a joke. How many Christians in 2008 truly follow the code? They are volatile practitioners who make a mockery of discipline.

So. That said, I must echo a question asked earlier by Sipher:

What is the source of that original energy?

Last edited:
the main difference is the word faith.

scientists can't ever say they have faith in anything that hasn't been proven. religous people say they have faith because they believe in something that cannot prove. both are right in a sense, neither can prove the origin of the universe nor how the big bang (if it even happened that way) occured.

faith is believing in something that can't be proven, if a scientists admits to have faith in the big bang theory then they can't claim religious people are any less right.

What is the source of that original energy?

Lets make a jump here and feed the troll. God is. Now. Back to the question I asked before.....If the energy came from God, where did he come from? And if you respond with "But, he's always existed".....the if that's the case, the energy always existed, just the same as you would claim god always existed.

Man once had a direct relationship with God.

Liken it to a great-great grandfather who died and the only thing left of him is a journal. You could learn to love him for what he wrote.

And that journal that was left behind, before your family gave it to you they took out sections that they didn't agree with. At that point, you're learning to love a lie.

Lets make a jump here and feed the troll. God is. Now. Back to the question I asked before.....If the energy came from God, where did he come from? And if you respond with "But, he's always existed".....the if that's the case, the energy always existed, just the same as you would claim god always existed.

Blasphemy

You are a stupid moron member.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empirical

A central concept in science and the scientific method is that all evidence must be empirical, or empirically based, that is, dependent on evidence or consequences that are observable by the senses.

Sight is a sense. Eyewitness testimony is empirical evidence. It's just not the evidence you want.

Edit: I'm done feeding the trolls tonight, my bed is calling to me.

turkey wasn't trolling. You just don't know what empiricism is.

Couple of questions for christians:

Could God create a curry that was so hot even he couldn't eat it?

If Jesus commanded you to fuck him in the ass would you do it? Even though knowing that you are committing sin by doing so? Would you go to hell afterwards?

I am just trying to get to the bottom of these complex theological issues.

6. At home. Remember your children's friends may not come from a Christian home. If you make their visit to your home a Christian visit, you'll never have to actually speak to the child about Jesus directly. At meals when a friend is eating over, have your child say grace, something simple like, "Thank-you God for this food and for sending Jesus to die for our sins so we don't have to burn in Hell forever, Amen." If the friend is interested, they'll ask your child for further explanation, so make sure your kids pay attention in Sunday School! Also, Christian video games are still video games, and your child will play them with their friends if you make it available. Make it into a treat, give them some snacks while they play. And of course when you host sleep-overs, make sure your child says their prayers. Something like, "Now I lay me down to sleep..." will put the fear of God into any heathen child.

Man once had a direct relationship with God.

Liken it to a great-great grandfather who died and the only thing left of him is a journal. You could learn to love him for what he wrote.

I find it typical that you liken God to a deceased ancestor. God is dead and we can only love him for the great literature he once wrote, for the laws he put down when they still had meaning and for the love he gave to those who knew him while he was still alive.

This position is not to far from what the Christian position ought to be.
There's no need for guilt anymore, for sin or for the law. Those have lost their value like the value of old currency is reduced to scraps. The law is for servants while the Christian loves God as his Son and rightful heir!

Couple of questions for christians:

Could God create a curry that was so hot even he couldn't eat it?

If Jesus commanded you to fuck him in the ass would you do it? Even though knowing that you are committing sin by doing so? Would you go to hell afterwards?

I am just trying to get to the bottom of these complex theological issues.

If God created a curry that was too hot he couldnt eat it, is similiar to the argument of can an invisible man be seen. If the man could be seen he wouldnt be invisible by the definition. This is an illogical argument.

Likewise your second question follows the same logic. Jesus is not of sin therefore he would never ask of me to do such an act.

Only a fool would claim to know it all.

Exactly, atheists say look at science, it proves God doesnt exist! Well science doesnt exactly explain alot of our questions either. Science explains the events that happen in our everyday life and the Word does as well, just in a different way.

Blasphemy

Ok so the argument against God is that energy always existed therefore science is the true answer of creation. The argument for God is that God exists and as such is the true answer of creation.

Both arguments require faith, why not put your faith in something you feel deep within your spirit is true? Though science explains much, the feeling I have for God is just as real to me because I believe.

Jesus once said that with faith anything is possible. This means I could do things that I think are impossible, if I merely had faith. Did Jesus always heal by his power alone? No, it is mentioned several times in the Bible that it was the faith of the individuals that healed them.

What allowed the Apostles to heal others and do works similiar to what Christ did in his life? It was their faith and nothing else that healed these people.

We must do the same.

What's really funny to me is that at the core of it, both of you are saying the exact same thing, calling it by different names. Neither of you actually have any answers - when it comes down to it, the science and the religious reasoning are equally suppositional, all missing the crucial piece of evidence that concludes with PROOF. Ponder that as you continue to argue on these pages.
Yeah, cause science makes shit up, calls it fact and then gives up on finding any evidence to support or disprove its working model.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wmap

I swear to god, if you can't tell the difference between the legitimacy of scientific inquiry and religious decrees, you don't deserve to have internet access.

Back