My Dad passes away b4 my son was born..need Photoshop help

Afterimage said:
Musashi that's about as off-track as I hope this thread gets... but the 'weas pic still made me :lol:.

<3

I made a serious pic, I felt I deserved an odd one too.

Someone make the picture in like 300dpi. So he can get it printed somewhere. Don't just convert the smaller pic to 300dpi, you have to start the whole project out at 300dpi. And those pics are big enough for it to work.

to be frank, i could really care less about your situation. but your sons story (and the outcome of this thread) is amazing, so i guess that deserves something

:heart:

I'm sorry Viet :(

My best wishes to your family. I hope everything turns out well and you and your son can enjoy getting to know each other. :)

I can appreciate that you're trying to do something for yourself, and your son I guess, but what I don't understand is why is it important that your son remember your father. Your father died before he was born right? If your son is interested then that's cool.

I just find it odd, maybe it's because both of my own dad's parents died when I was an infant. I've never known them, and I can't say I've ever really given much thought about them other than pure interest in lineology. About the only interest I would have in knowing about my Dad's parents would be for my own Dad sake, to give him a chance to talk about someone important to him.

But... I've never been kidnapped as a toddler. I suppose I'd want to know everything about my family I didn't get a chance to know.

Good luck to you and your family vet.

Last edited:
WOW ! I really didn't expect this big of a reaction, or as many replies. I figured a few photoshop peeps would post, and that the thread would die. I learned something today - Never underestimate the power of the TW !!

Musashi, I can rescan the pics at a lower resolution if that would help. As I stated in the beginning of this thread, I know nothing about PS. I just figured the higher the rez, the better the quality you have to work with.

Also, this set of pics are NOT the ones I want my dad aged in. I have to scan a second set, taken last year when my son was 21 and I was 50. Sorry for any miscomm, but don't age these pics pls.

Thanks again to everyone for all your support. Not very many people in RL even know about this, and I was reluctant to post here, as I keep my life pretty private. I had nowhere else to turn for this project though, and you have all lifted my spirits more than you can know.

I'll try to get the other pics online tonight the older versions of me and my son. vgb for now.

work in progress..

vietvet_001.jpg

Viet, grats on finding your son. You are very fortunate.

I like the concept, Oh Heck. Actually, it is probably how the pic would have been taken, as I respected my father to much to sit while he stood. Thanks man.

Last edited:
I'm having issues resizing the psd I saved last night (894MB). Photoshop is just chugging along while I type this.

I'm changing the print resolution to 300dpi (was 1200), and I cropped the pic, so it'll be ~10MB. I'll see if I can upload it to my college site later.

CaptainZero said:
I can appreciate that you're trying to do something for yourself, and your son I guess, but what I don't understand is why is it important that your son remember your father.

I suppose you could just call it a dad thing. There's a sense of continuity and security that you feel looking behind you at your dad, and forward at your son.

My dad died a couple of years ago and my favorite pic of him is he and my son sitting together.

CaptainZero said:
I can appreciate that you're trying to do something for yourself, and your son I guess, but what I don't understand is why is it important that your son remember your father. Your father died before he was born right? If your son is interested then that's cool.

I just find it odd, maybe it's because both of my own dad's parents died when I was an infant. I've never known them, and I can't say I've ever really given much thought about them other than pure interest in lineology. About the only interest I would have in knowing about my Dad's parents would be for my own Dad sake, to give him a chance to talk about someone important to him.

But... I've never been kidnapped as a toddler. I suppose I'd want to know everything about my family I didn't get a chance to know.

Good luck to you and your family vet.
Maybe he also wants to do it for himself to remember his father and his son the way they used to be

lecatPuke said:
about an hour or so of work, not sure of what little tricks will help :/

Can you make my dad a little smaller. He and I were about the same size. Thanks.

edit: added some shadow and cropped a bit

Bluntzman said:
I'm having issues resizing the psd I saved last night (894MB). Photoshop is just chugging along while I type this.

I'm changing the print resolution to 300dpi (was 1200), and I cropped the pic, so it'll be ~10MB. I'll see if I can upload it to my college site later.

1200dpi is just a wee bit high.
Most printing I've dealt with is 300dpi.
(company catalog and product literature)

Oh HEck is really on the right track there. He's got the tones perfect now if only the rest can be matched and rebuilt properly.

Nice work.

Boomerman said:
Oh HEck is really on the right track there. He's got the tones perfect now if only the rest can be matched and rebuilt properly.

Nice work.

PS 7 and CS both have a nice healing patch tool (I think that is what it is called) With maybe an hours work you could rebuild that nicely

Back