PC specs for T:V screenshots machine

It's a screen shot. I could be using a TNT2 and still get a big screen shot at 1 frame per minute. The shots I took were using a GF4 w/ 128 MB RAM. KP took some too, not sure what his video card is, but I think it's the same (GF4). Looks just as good on a Radeon 9500.

Sir Lucius said:
Yea, that question won't land him into any trouble.

"YOU SAID THIS GAME PLAYED FINE ON YOUR VOODOO 2!!!!!!!!!!!"

;P
Yeah, I know he probably wont answer it. But I was hoping I could trick him into answering it, since he seems to be easily tricked :lol:

(j/k thrax)

This isnt hard people, its like asking about Legends requirements:

Legends is run on the T2 engine. T2 is released and you can find the requirements for it. Adjust your computer accordingly.

T:V is run on the UT2K3 engine. UT2K3 is released and you can find the requirements for it. Adjust your comptuer accordingly.

Always include a little proformence slack for the added content obviously, but it can't too much more demanding.

I run UT2K3 fine on my XP1800+, GF3Ti500 system. I don't think you will need much more than that to at least run it, and in a year and a half what I have will be considered low end.

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
T:V is run on the UT2K3 engine. UT2K3 is released and you can find the requirements for it. Adjust your comptuer accordingly.

No one seems to understand that T:V isn't a ut2k3 mod. THEY ARE MAKING CHANGES TO THE ENGINE. Besides that, I'd think the Tribes environment would be a bit more difficult to handle.

From what I read, one of the develoment computers was a 2ghz intel with 512 megs of ram and a gforce4 4200. I also read that it will take higher system requirements than Tribes 2, whatever that's worth.

Take the system reqs for U2 and UT2k3 and bump them up one notch to take into account the new graphics stuff they're added (volumetric shadows(?), normal mapping, etc) and you should have a pretty good idea what to expect.

Shinigami said:
No one seems to understand that T:V isn't a ut2k3 mod. THEY ARE MAKING CHANGES TO THE ENGINE. Besides that, I'd think the Tribes environment would be a bit more difficult to handle.

I understand that it isn't a mod. I also understand that in general "changes to an engine" don't mean upping the requirements to the latest and greatest stuff. In general if your comp worked good enough to run the released engine, it will have a shot at running the updated engine. :chill:

Yogi said:
Take the system reqs for U2 and UT2k3 and bump them up one notch to take into account the new graphics stuff they're added (volumetric shadows(?), normal mapping, etc) and you should have a pretty good idea what to expect.

yep...fire up unreal2 and check out the outdoor levels (much bigger than ut2k3 "outdoor" levels)

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
I understand that it isn't a mod. I also understand that in general "changes to an engine" don't mean upping the requirements to the latest and greatest stuff. In general if your comp worked good enough to run the released engine, it will have a shot at running the updated engine. :chill:

Well you basically said that if your system'll run ut2k3, it'll run T:V and I'm saying that I wouldn't be so sure. I don't think requirements will be much higher, but they will be higher.

Void|deadjawa said:
So how was your framerate on that machine?
Well, at 1600x1200 with nVidia Image Settings on high, AA on 4x, Anisotropic at 8X. I think I was getting about 15 to 25, depending on what I was looking at. Now if I turn all that stuff down to reasonable numbers (1024x768, AA off, Image Settings on High Performance, Aniso off) then I get 60 to 100. Marweas has a 2.8GHz box and he gets 80+ most of the time. At home with my AMD 1.2 and 9500 I get 40+.

Of course, none of that means anything, because there are optimizations yet to go in, and features yet to be implemented, and art to be finished, textures to be adjusted, etc... There are 100 reasons why it could get slower, and 100 reasons why it could get faster. Plus right now the only way to improve performance is to adjust your video card settings. There are really no rendering options in the game yet.

Back