Idea for a Faq and Learning Gameplay

This is just an idea of giving out a How to Play Tribes:Vengeance faq (quide) and releasing info of how to ski etc within interviews/editorial crap. Like before the game comes out make a little guide of how to ski, which hills you should look for, using the terrain to turn. Like just a little guide like this you can release with pics etc to the Tribes community (obviously not talking about Tribalwar) but for people who never played before etc. Maybe go into a little detail about how to aim for MAs or how to judge distance etc. Just a little brief howto to help those people that never played before. I remember there was a huge faq for T2 about the history of tribes etc. but it never taught me shit about howto play etc. I mean just explaining how you hit jumps/ski etc would help a lot of people get a head start. Plus even though there is a single player campaign, developing a faq like this wouldn't cost much and you could use it for promotion etc. Like instead of releasing stupid new weapons to Gamespy, release gameplay training along with them. Like instead of saying, here is the new gravitron blah blah blah, talk about how it has a large radius and should be used to shoot enemies when they are on the ground etc.

No, I just think giving people interested in t:v a gameplay faq is smart. Even created by the community when a demo comes out etc. It wouldn't take that long.

Dac346_99 said:
No, I just think giving people interested in t:v a gameplay faq is smart. Even created by the community when a demo comes out etc. It wouldn't take that long.

This will probably be done by several community sites.

I was working on Tribalwar's FAQ for T2, but it was several months after release by then. The other large fansites already had theirs done when I started. Needless to say, it never got completed.

I'm sure we can expect something like that in the weeks following release.

Back