[T:V] Naked, Light, and Heavy + secret weapons!

I ment irl at uvalan5

Back on topic tho, the burner will be utilizing the very cool fire effects of the unreal engine me thinks :D

unreal2_.jpg

Sweet.

Thanks for posting that Sir Lucius, i am gonna have happy thoughts the rest of the day.

Damn sir lucius, for for all your indepth analyzis you completly over looked the obvious. go re-read the article and LOOK at the pictures, the sniper rifle is mounted on the forearm and the light has a melee weapon. bloodeagle decapitator - funky looking sword with blood dripping off of it

That's a [color=00FF00]medium[/color] with the melee weapon and it's specifically made for the Blood Eagle tribe. I have my doubts as to the functionality of a melee weapon and furthermore, it seems odd to limit them to only one armor.

Well here is the confirmed absolute weapon list:

Disclauncher
Chaingun
Burner (replaces plasma)

More Likely than not to be in:
Mortar
Sniper
Blaster (one of the hud displays in a ss shows the weapon icon for the traditional blaster)

Definitly not list:
Missle launcher

and that leaves:
Elf
Shocklance
Grenade launcher

I think the grenade launcher will probably be in, but I really can't say about the elf and shocklance.

The problem with the decapitator is it;s tribe specific and that concept art also includes what is called a custom jetpack.

Now I also realize the sniper rifle is of custom design as well, and it also didn't look energy based. So it could be custom story pecifc special for a differnt armor as well.

I think it is possible that every armor type could have a melee weapon tho. One problem I'm strugling with are the heavy armors. Julia's disclauncher on the last page would look stupid if a heavy was holding it. They seem to pull off the chaingun ok, but they don't look like they could swing a melee weapon.

Well once again I just did a stream of conscience reply that really led no where, so I apologize for that.

I hope they leave the elf out, or else massively change it. Its not a fun weapon as it is in T1 or T2. Auto-aim weapons that slow people down are such a drag.

Shocklance was cool, but I dont think it would fit the whole "heavy being a massive death dealing machine" motif if you could kill it in one shot.

Last edited:
Well, from the sound of it, the burner looks like it could be used quite well as a defenseive weapon. Blocking a cappers exit with a wall of fire is much better than shooting them with a sticky gun. You're right tho, I don't really see a need for it to be a gun. And the shock lance doesn't have to kill in one hit (or its variation there of). Maybe they will have melee weapons with a viberating effect (ala evangelion) for knock back which could replace shocklance functionality.

Yeah, thatd be really cool to have some kind of body-shield (ala jackals in halo) or melee weapon that you could use to whack heavies off the stand. Or maybe a really big axe...or a mallet...hmm....

Well, what I was thinking is each armor would come with their own unique weapon. As well as each tribe. So 3 melee weapons per tribe. Or maybe the light and medium would share the same one and the heavy would have a bigger version. Who knows tho.

I agree auto aim weapons (Missle Launcher and Elf) need to go out the window with dave G. Good-bye.

I was just joking about the one shot kill thing. Some people thought it was too powerful. I don't really have an opinion. It was a fun weapon to use though.

I hope the special weapon for the light is the grappling hook. That would be cool. I have a feeling that if they even put a grapling hook in, it won't be till much later. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

arg.

Well, now that I've seen 3 differnt levels of phoenix armors, and based on the light design I think my theory is shot.

Lights probably DO have the sniper rifle :/

Ah well, gg.

Petition to remove that god damn red shit that goes over your screen when you get burned/hit bad. PLEASE. Was that in T2? I don't even know.

:signed:

Damn just imagine if you had a sword and a jet pack. Flying through the air to decapitate your opponent as he is drawing a bead on you. Man that is an awesome idea. When you duel you are forever trying to get close to get the easy MA, but with a sword it brings a whole new idea into play. Just don't make it to easy to hit.

Ixiterra said:
Petition to remove that god damn red shit that goes over your screen when you get burned/hit bad. PLEASE. Was that in T2? I don't even know.

:signed:

I'd sure like something like how half-life did it so I could tell where I'm being hit from.

Back