[T:V] Naked, Light, and Heavy + secret weapons!

Thrax Panda said:
Let's not confuse the issue. Light, Medium, Heavy. Light and medium may be lighter than you're used to, and heavy may be fatter than ever, but they are still light, medium, heavy. Don't confuse it with some new system.

Light. Medium. Heavy.

Tribes: Planetside?

I read the article tonight and being a PS beta tester that is all I could think. Personally I hate the idea as a concept, after having to deal with the gameplay of Planetside (with no jet-packs, granted). Still, I think that the concepts and strength levels of the three armors are too fundamental to the Tribes style to be altered in this way.

Sir Lucius said:
It is a new system tho. What you've basically done is eliminate medium armor though a modification. If medium is like how light used to be then it's basically like light armor. I guess what I didn't consider is that changing the light armor changes the terms of gameplay. My guess is that light is supposed to be much more agility based. I'm guessing Julia plays in some tribal sport league based on the story boards and her movements are about speed and agility. I'm guessing the light armor will make up for it's lack of armor with the ability to dodge. I'm also guessing the 3,4,5 weapon limits will be in place for L,M,H. Which means medium would still be 4 weapons. Dammit, if that fucking sniper rifle didn't have a clip I'd be much more sure of myself right now.

But the other thing is, I'm not sure if there's an epack. Tradtionaly the epack has been a prerequesite of the sniper rifle, possibly to balance the weapon I suppose. From what I see in the SS is there are a few 'testicle' like mega jetpacks. In addation the Heavy Phoenix has design docks for a regualr jetpack that doesn't include the super balls. I'm guessing this is a replacement of the epack? Hrmmm, maybe those are just for the phoenix. They're skinned and would look pretty stupid on a light armor.

Damn, I need new info.

You need to stop interpreting concept art like its prophesy from God. take a look at the two Julia faces in the article so that you can see how off concept art can be. Personally I would read more into words than pictures from that article, but even then cut them some slack and stop trying to figure everything out a year and a half before release.

My bad, I'll be sure not to post any more speculation. I mean what was I thinking discussing something I read in a cgm article?

No, actually, I'll take as many stabs in the dark as I want. None of this shit is "suggestions" for tribes, I'm just trying to fill in the holes. I assure you it's for my own amusment; yet I share it in case someone else in interested or wants to build on it.

Also, I'm not basing everying off of one pic -- I'm using everything I have. It'd be stupid not to use all the information available. And I don't know what you mean about the julia concept pics. She looks the same pretty much all of them to me if not just stylized a bit in one of them.

Sir Lucius said:
My bad, I'll be sure not to post any more speculation. I mean what was I thinking discussing something I read in a cgm article?

No, actually, I'll take as many stabs in the dark as I want. None of this shit is "suggestions" for tribes, I'm just trying to fill in the holes. I assure you it's for my own amusment; yet I share it in case someone else in interested or wants to build on it.

Also, I'm not basing everying off of one pic -- I'm using everything I have. It'd be stupid not to use all the information available. And I don't know what you mean about the julia concept pics. She looks the same pretty much all of them to me if not just stylized a bit in one of them.

The two pics of her head, one where she looks totally tomboyish and the other where she looks like she does now. They are pretty drastically different IMO.

I'm frankly just glad we get a third Tribes game at all.

Who was afraid when they picked up classic and thought, "This is it. This is the end of the evolution and revolutions in Tribes. If I wish to play a game with skiing and jetpacks, this is the final form it will take. Fin."

And then Tribes Vengeance was announced. :X

Zoolooman said:

Who was afraid when they picked up classic and thought, "This is it. This is the end of the evolution and revolutions in Tribes. If I wish to play a game with skiing and jetpacks, this is the final form it will take. Fin."

I wasnt really afraid that the game would be dead, I was just afraid we'd get a shitty dev team and the game would die at #3. There are plenty of them out there, but we're lucky, we got one of the best.

Zoolooman said:

yep, i thought the same.

I really want to be able to use a grapple hook when capping/skiing (i.e. to change direction, possibly accelerate or at least maintain speed). =)

Back