opsayo u were rite

idk maybe in the competitive scene but im talking more about pubs than that anyway

killed pubs imo just as much

for literally years it was 24 people in the server watching the same 10 people get picked for PU's while the other 14 hoped and prayed someone would ragequit

eventually pretty much everyone except those 10-16 people quit the game and it was only later when some of those people left that there was even an opportunity for anyone else to play

we'd have 50 people show up for the weekend base PU and 35 of them would bitch about how this is the only time they could play because LT had become such a circle jerk

we r talking about two different eras of tribes man

im talkingabout when iba central and the onion patch both were packed full with pubbers at the same time with ppl playing 32 man LT

and then u had pu servers like temple of haji and those other ones

and deputy dog arena which later became deadguy lasthope arena

and booze boot camps server

this is pre sancutuary and shithole by years

when lasthope 1.14 first came out not 1.30

we r talking about two different eras of tribes man

im talkingabout when iba central and the onion patch both were packed full at the same time with ppl playing 32 man LT

and then u had pu servers like temple of haji and those other ones

this is pre sancutuary and shithole

when lasthope first came out

holy shit the onion patch... cheater's wayside. 5150 comp east ; didnt nazul run a really early duel mod server too? that was like also a *S* server? idk fukn 12 year old names i forget about

hueheue master list nostalgia

ya there wer many pubs back then before it only became shithole for pubbing or sanctuary for pus

and then later the community/hackington for everything

i just think its hilarious how history gets rewritten here all the time

like people can't even remember there were literally 3-5 versions of lasthope before 1.30 came out

and they cant remember the server populations before that etc etc but they still have some big opinion

whats weird to me is how andrew used interpolate all through e5 and his 5v5 team tribes masters but when it went public he patched it out

talk about being desperate to preserve your legacy as "best tribes player"

seems very similar to opsayo going from a 5th round pick in the last gasp LT tourney to using 1.40 behind everyone's backs to have that advantage of pft and becomes a first pick a few years later because he can out chain most ppl suddenly and then he goes on the forums and talks about how interpolate shouldn't be allowed and that it does nothing and you don't need to tweek it LoL

Tribes 1 Last Gasp LT Tourny by Dare - TribalWar Forums

that was an issue i had with what andrew was doing, he was making anti cheat shit but giving all of his buddies the work around.. his demo vs wolfpacc on sh and some of the jaymz ones were gross

meanwhile he was trying so hard to catch me cheating hahah

i still don't see how any anticheat was forced on anyone

cheaters could have formed their own community of cheaters (like a few of the mod communitys did) and ignored the anticheats and created their own ladders and servers and rules

they didn't because they wanted to play with non-cheaters because thats what provides an advantage

i hardly think it was out of some altruistic need to not fragment the community further

that was an issue i had with what andrew was doing, he was making anti cheat shit but giving all of his buddies the work around.. his demo vs wolfpacc on sh and some of the jaymz ones were gross

meanwhile he was trying so hard to catch me cheating hahah

i think every1 was fucked over wat u were doing back then tho

i remember there was this wohle period in time where no one was remotely close to your chasing ability at all

like you would be vs snapple or master ace or someone

i remember one time snow and i were obsing discussing if u had autoaim because on shLT be side is supposed to be stacked with those power routes

and that one route that hits the ds flag blind over that hill and then goes oob shortly and u can fly base to base with it which is pretty unstoppable

you were djing up the middle when ppl grabbed that on you and ma'ing them in the middle of the map consistently

it really fucked with a lot of ppl

i have not seen anyone come close to being able to do that since

cheaters could have formed their own community of cheaters (like a few of the mod communitys did) and ignored the anticheats and created their own ladders and servers and rules

they didn't because they wanted to play with non-cheaters because thats what provides an advantage

i hardly think it was out of some altruistic need to not fragment the community further

a lot of ppl picked up troc actually around that time

the anti cheats were forced on us because if u wanted to boot up tribes and play a casual game without doing some kind of revolutionary community building protest you had to download it

same with if you wanted to play in a twl match

all of these things all so tryhard we need to help dp and go die

or just watch real skill fun tiem with better 1990's representetiation

^^^^ ironically posted by anti-t1 fixixuous

this is an epic nu metal tribe video lol

this and ones that were scored with let the bodies hit the floor

there was a whole period in time where that was the most used song for video game videos

this is y the stereotype of video game nerds being school shooters happened imo + columbine

Last edited:
i still dont see that as being forced

its like saying you're forced to shop at Walmart because their prices are cheaper than the local guy

nope, you make a choice to take an easier route and have to live with the consequences of that decision (ie: the local guy shuts down)

if you shopped at walmart you can't blame them for destroying your local guy

imagine how different things might have been if you'd started your own 'Dare's league' with 'Dares 1.11 server' or rally'd your neighbors to boycott Walmart

your ladder still might be around to this day and Bob's Local Hardware store might be in business

i did that in shifter

it sucked dicks

the literal racist white supremacist nazis won anyway

we can agree to disagree if making people require lasthope to play on twl or any populated server is forcing or not idc

Lasthope ran like shit and the only point it served was to limit the cheaters to buyers/friends of the creator. They were trying to force a handicap on EVERYONE else so that only they could cheat making their advantage even higher. Pretty fucking evil imo

Not using Lasthope shouldn't put you in a cheater category, it ran poorly, you could feel it. If you couldn't feel it you probably had the workaround and used the moral high ground of 'not cheating' to talk down on those who didn't want to run that piece of shit(go start your own community, you cheaters, lol!). It's sickening.

ugh people talk about lots of things that 'feel' different that aren't different its purely placebo

i can point at like 10 people who 'used netset' and 'felt the difference' and then sent me their configs and netset wasn't enabled or working

then there are the people that said that 1.41 'feels different' from 1.40 even tho the only difference was lasthope was actually scanning memory instead of a fake memory dump but hey 'it feels different' right

if lasthope ran so badly then you could have started your own servers and said 'fuck the majority, we'll play on another server' and if your server really WAS better it would have become the majority eventually

its like saying you hate the bar that all your friends go to but you don't make any effort to take them somewhere else or make new friends or do anything because that requires effort instead of being an armchair critic

"There is no monopoly on becoming a millionaire," she writes. "If you're jealous of those with more money, don't just sit there and complain. Do something to make more money yourself—spend less time drinking, or smoking and socializing and more time working. Poors Should Work Harder." - Gina Rinehart, whose inheritance increases by $618 every second.

ugh people talk about lots of things that 'feel' different that aren't different its purely placebo

i can point at like 10 people who 'used netset' and 'felt the difference' and then sent me their configs and netset wasn't enabled or working

then there are the people that said that 1.41 'feels different' from 1.40 even tho the only difference was lasthope was actually scanning memory instead of a fake memory dump but hey 'it feels different' right

if lasthope ran so badly then you could have started your own servers and said 'fuck the majority, we'll play on another server' and if your server really WAS better it would have become the majority eventually

its like saying you hate the bar that all your friends go to but you don't make any effort to take them somewhere else or make new friends or do anything because that requires effort instead of being an armchair critic

Most people delete their cheats before they send out their configs. Most people are also dumb-asses who don't know how to make them work or check to see if they're actually using it via echo's, so I can see your point. The fact is you could 'feel' the memory checks, they made tribes stutter every so often. I didn't even understand the randomness of it until I looked at the LH script. I could take a pepsi challenge on it and tell the difference.

Also, I did say 'fuck the majority' and started my own server shortly after the last arena server fell and spent a lot of time trying to bring arena back to unwashed masses via Arghs, which worked out somewhat. A few people still play and I like the fact that players don't have to jump through hoops to be able to play.
I'm personally not going to play with slight lag and stutters just so the cool kids can cheat.

"There is no monopoly on becoming a millionaire," she writes. "If you're jealous of those with more money, don't just sit there and complain. Do something to make more money yourself—spend less time drinking, or smoking and socializing and more time working. Poors Should Work Harder." - Gina Rinehart, whose inheritance increases by $618 every second.

she's not wrong if we lived in a world where all people start on an equal footing

she might be a total hypocrite as someone whose mining inheritance is what got her to where she is

but its not like there was some kind of tribes inheritance that andrew or nonreg got from their parents

we all had the same opportunities to influence the community and put work in and host servers and rally people behind us

andrew was a relative latecomer to tribes compared to the true early OGL days of dev teams and ZULU and KOL and shit like that, he had no more of a headstart or a monopoly on servers or influence than anyone could have had if they'd put in the effort

if anything TWL and tribalwar itself are proof that if you dont like something (OGL ladder and forum) you can start your own and beat the incumbent if your thing is what people like more

she's not wrong if we lived in a world where all people start on an equal footing

she might be a total hypocrite as someone whose mining inheritance is what got her to where she is

but its not like there was some kind of tribes inheritance that andrew or nonreg got from their parents

we all had the same opportunities to influence the community and put work in and host servers and rally people behind us

andrew was a relative latecomer to tribes compared to the true early OGL days of dev teams and ZULU and KOL and shit like that, he had no more of a headstart or a monopoly on servers or influence than anyone could have had if they'd put in the effort

i think having power over the masses of players and access to running the best servers was their inheritance of power

and i think they regulated it in a way that benefit them and only them

and i think it fucked over a lot of people and made many more quit

not that im saying anti cheats are bad i think playing with happy mod in LT is lame

im just saying what we experienced with lasthope really fucked over the community quite a lot imo

and telling ppl to play on their own servers is fighting a losing battle when you've already gone one or two servers that are extremely popular in an old game its going to be hard to make ppl change from that when they're already lazy enough that they'll quit when theyre hassled to install multiple multi cheats

these are casual players im talking about not the die hards like joe daddy or xpealidocious who will be here long after we all quit

i see what you're saying altho i dont think andrew inherited any tribes servers and i think a lot of the witchhunting about non comes from his incompetence in running a server and not malice (lasthope would randomly break and server restarts would fix it)

i agree that getting people to change servers is difficult but its less difficult than getting people to download/install patches imo

if you had a choice between changing servers or installing 'daves anticheat' its simply less work to click on another server and if everyone had done that 'daves anticheat' would have gone nowhere

the majority of the community embraced the anticheats, no matter how flawed they were because it was better than doing nothing

Back