My Dad passes away b4 my son was born..need Photoshop help

FINIALLY I've read the entire thread.

I'm very happy about how TW has reacted and at the same time very supprized not ONE single stupid member hasnt blurred out a flame yet.

I would try PS'ing the pics, but I doubt I'd have it done to a point where it's worth framing. Good job for all of those who have done so.

what a beautiful thread dont get many here but this one will stay me and many others im sure. I like you been here but dont post. Great job by the guys with skills to help you. good luck with your son.

I can't really help cause I'm art illiterate, I saw this thread the other day and chose to read it today. Amazing what a community sense can do for peoples minds. Keep up the good work.

968-vietvet_003 copy.jpg

This was just working off of the image that was already posted...I don't have the original so these changes just illustrate possible alternatives..

It's easy to give the grandfather the same tie
Also, the top half of his suit didn't match exactly in texture, so I used a typical "hair" brush and added white stripes for texture in a screen layer set to 20% opacity.
Just in case you want to incorporate these changes.

Last edited:
Here guys, this is a first draft .AVI for the extended project I'm working on for this. At the moment I'm just training myself how to use this software so when we get the final products of both pictures he wants I know what I'm doing.

Basically, I want to do this to the final product pics, and have it do a "Old to New" conversion.

Should be really neat considering the awsome work done so far.

Son To Father

*EDIT* Fixed

Last edited:
He has been around forever. He is an adult, why not believe him.. Im sure he has alot to gain from lying anyways.

I'm coming in very late in this thread because I've been on a business trip. I'd like to add my condolenses to the thread. I feel your pain. My mother passed away three months before my daughter was born and then my last living relative, my Aunt died two years later - exactly three months before my son was born.

There are no words that can ease your suffering. Just spend time with your son telling him about his grandfather every chance you get. My mother made gifts for the birth of my daughter, a quilt, some socks, and other things. They are treasured items and serve as a reminder of how much she looked forward to her birth.

My daughter is four now. I still miss my mother every day and I dream about her from time to time, but the pain eases with time. Remember that.

Salute to the TW community for their work making memories for you.

Hive_Tyrant

Link Fixed now.

What I really want to know is how to set that into a flash file.

Last edited:
This just multiplies my respect for Viet_Vet. I'm really happy for you, and I'll try and see if I can help in PS after I get home (45mins).

Well done so far TW!

Jazmine said:
Thats cool Drawf!

Thx, like I said once we get the two finished product pictures from the other TW'ers who are definatly better at PS then I am (I'm not bad, I'm fairly decent actually, but not nearly good as Oh Heck or Musashi.) I'll take the two finished photo's and do this to them, I think it'll be really cool. It will obviously be a larger picture, and thus be an extensivly larger .avi file.

Should be cool when we all get this done.

And I'll make that one look better, this one is more or less me learning to use this program.

Back