Hook Ammo Poll

Are you for or against ammo for the Grappling Hook?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P Masta Flex said:
dont limit my mobility, it pisses me off
^ Yeah, no kidding.

The repsonses in this thread vs the poll results don't match up at all. *shrug*

I'm IN the beta and am AGAINST ammo. And I can't believe how many are whining about it already. *shrug* It just seems like a cheap, temporary fix for something that won't be that big of a problem, IMO.

Also, like a few others noted, maybe have the grapple break & have a reload time if it gets shot. That seems like a much more logical approach than limiting the ammo of something like that (that doesn't actually have ammo).

Wolfchylde said:
Has anyone suggested this:
You have a set number of "lines"
if you successfully retract the cable then you dont use one of the lines (essentially you recover it).
If it gets broken or somesuch, you use one of your lines.

:shrug: its merely a suggestion.
Yeah I suggested this a few pages back.

But for this to work, the grappling point should be able to be shot to break the line. I don't know how feasible it would be to deduct spare cables for when the cable touches something solid - especially if you only have a few spares available. You could explain this by saying that the cable automatically disconnects from the surface if the line tension becomes too high, and you are thus usually able to recover the cable, but if the grappling point gets shot the cable becomes too damaged to be used and you have to switch to a new one.

i think that 20 ammo as well as the damage idea is a good idea. heavies floating above the flag? disc their cable or connection point. im not in the beta, but judging from what ive read and learned, this has a possibility for good or evil. or, like one guy stated, have there be 5 ammo, but its only used when the line is broken. or make it so that when you hit the person grappeling they drop.

Spookious1 said:
^ Yeah, no kidding.

The repsonses in this thread vs the poll results don't match up at all. *shrug*

Another example of just because you're LOUD, doesn't mean you're the MAJORITY.

Hopefully, IG and others realize that people who are happy with what they have, won't be ranting here on the boards about it.

:)

Believe it or not, I just now figured out that holding the fire button makes it pull you in. I was wondering why I sucked so bad with it. :lol:

well after reading the thread:

I'm not too sure about shootable grappler, atleast not like one disc... I dont know, I think it might kill what is actualle really cool about the grappler.

I am for ammo, not in beta... but I would much rather see something like what Plague suggested; An energy supply for the grappler, so that after 3-4 quick swings, energy would be low for hanging. I guess shooting should cost some, like 20/100, and swinging should zap some, maybe accoridng to strain, so if you were good you could maintain grappling longer, and that quick tarzan grappling of trees would be lessened.

I would limit the ammo to something like 3 for light, 4 for med and 5 for heavy.

This way...the grapple is something you really have to conserve...something that provides a real value that people have to learn to use and be careful with. You can always scavenge grappler ammo from someone else(not sure if scavenging is even in T:V...I've been gone for several months and just got back).

EveningWear said:
I would limit the ammo to something like 3 for light, 4 for med and 5 for heavy.

This way...the grapple is something you really have to conserve...something that provides a real value that people have to learn to use and be careful with. You can always scavenge grappler ammo from someone else(not sure if scavenging is even in T:V...I've been gone for several months and just got back).
That would be the total annihilation of the grappler as a useful thing.

Nicodemus said:
I honestly think if they just make it so if you shoot the hook their current grapple breaks, and if you timed that right it could send the sum bitch straight to the floor cuz of his momentum. And with the insane rate of fire on the disc launcher, you can just slam his ass.

Same thing Ive been saying since Day 1 (before overpowered grappler complaints even started). This is the best suggestion yet..

Not only do you not have to "nerf" anything your actually Adding an EXTRA Skill Opportunity to the game. Being Able to Time your discs perfectly will enable you to take down the grapple monkey and watch him crash into whatever he thought he was going to swing around.. and it prevents Grapple Hanging O & D (like me) from Dominating.

Simple Solution for a Complex Problem.. If the Grappler is still an issue in open beta after adding this feature then we can try something else.

Don't Limit My Movement Please.

even though the polls are dead even (mostly), how can you make a decision like this for the entire tribes community of thousands of players on a poll that only 300 to 400 plays have voted on? shouldn’t this be a vote for open beta, so you can get a more variety of players and not TW forum junkies?

americanjoe said:
even though the polls are dead even (mostly), how can you make a decision like this for the entire tribes community of thousands of players on a poll that only 300 to 400 plays have voted on? shouldn’t this be a vote for open beta, so you can get a more variety of players and not TW forum junkies?

When you make a product, you have to make thousands of decisions about it. It's not practical to poll the potential users about each one, and even if it were, you'd likely end up with something non-cohesive.

It really depends how much people favour the grappler. If they are whoring it hardcaw and you would never have a loadout without it, then I think ammo is a good call.

Balance is win.

Mindflayr said:
Same thing Ive been saying since Day 1 (before overpowered grappler complaints even started). This is the best suggestion yet..

Not only do you not have to "nerf" anything your actually Adding an EXTRA Skill Opportunity to the game. Being Able to Time your discs perfectly will enable you to take down the grapple monkey and watch him crash into whatever he thought he was going to swing around.. and it prevents Grapple Hanging O & D (like me) from Dominating.

Simple Solution for a Complex Problem.. If the Grappler is still an issue in open beta after adding this feature then we can try something else.

Don't Limit My Movement Please.

Unfortunatly, I highly doubt they'll listen to this great idea to add more skill into the game. Shame really. They're just going to stick the damn ammo count on it and call it a sucess.

Back